Malibu Local Customs

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

REAL ITALIAN GELATO FROM ITALY

by travelgourmet Updated Jan 26, 2011
    GROM OF ITALY IS IN MALIBU

Gelato from Italy has come to Malibu. This gelato is different for California. It is organic and that will go over in Malibu. When I said gelato from Italy, I meant from Italy. All the ingredients are farmed in Italy. In the words of Grom:,"The liquid mixtures produced in the laboratory, are checked by a team of experts and then distributed 3 times a week, just like fresh milk, to each store, where they are blended daily reaching their full flavor excellence.:>

I put this tip in the "Local Custom" section and not the restaurant tip area because I feel that this gelato store goes with Malibu. Organic, green thinking and expensive. It is tasty, but not being able to see the gelato is a bit of a downer. The good part is that you will be able to taste whatever samples you would like to try to decide what you want to buy. I actually found the hot chocolate the best thing going. Rich, thick and a real buttery whipped cream on top. The Grom location is at the Malibu Village, 3886 Cross Creek Road. Open since January, 2011.

• Singles

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Respect residential areas and rest assure...

by marinarena Written Apr 6, 2008

Malibu Blue, California

that you can indeed walk the beach in Malibu. There have been some concern over beach walking along parts of Malibu's beaches. By law in California, all beaches are public so long as persons are "seaward of the mean high tide". All this means in the real world is you can wet your feet in the water and roam but do respect property of homeowners around. Some propietors have put signs that discourage walking.

• evanbaer's Profile Photo

While surfing,never cut off the guy who went first

by evanbaer Written May 16, 2004

A view from my place in Malibu

Hi There:
    I'm Lanie and I will share a little bit about living in Malibu. First of all it took me a long time to move here. I lost my condo in the 94 earthquaqe. So, I stored all of my stuff and moved to a one room apartment on the beach. It is paradise, I am fortunate, and I am very appreciative of the beauty of the sea.

• Surfing

• Yubert's Profile Photo

There's a lot of nice views of...

by Yubert Written Aug 25, 2002

There's a lot of nice views of nature from atop the hills. People like to keep this area clean so pack out any thing you bring with you, including water botttles and candy wrappers.

Instant Answers: Malibu

Comments

Malibu Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Malibu local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Malibu sightseeing.