Malibu Beach Things to Do

Perfect pink sky
    by garridogal
    The break, small today, is on the left
    by iandsmith
    A freshly landed whiting on the deck
    by iandsmith

Most Recent Things to Do in Malibu Beach

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Malibu Sport Fishing Pier

by garridogal Written Oct 7, 2013

Perfect pink sky

We hit the Malibu Sport Fishing Pier just as the sun was setting. It was a lovely time of the day to check it out. It wasn't too crowded and it provided us with a prime spot for a colorful sunset.

Check out the website. Lots of things to do!

• Beaches
    • Fishing

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

Malibu Pier

by iandsmith Written May 26, 2011

Entrance to the pier

The pier is touted as being world famous and I suppose it is but, then again, it's just one of many along this stretch of coast; a fact that surprised me because pretty much all the piers in Australia of note have long since disappeared so it was a surprise to see so many.
    That fishing is hugely popular here was fairly obvious when I saw all the stainless stell purpose built rod holders all along the fencing. I'd never seen anything like that before except in Instanbul where all the locals had made their own.
    There's not a lot on the actual pier apart from a restaurant at either end but it's nice just to walk out there and have a look as the view back along the coastline is very scenic.

• Fishing
    • Photography
    • Hiking and Walking

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

Visiting a legend

by iandsmith Written May 26, 2011
    The break, small today, is on the left

This place has legend status for someone like me; growing up in a backwater of Newcastle in Australia. On the rare occasions when we saw surf movies Malibu always got a mention so it is like one of the holy grails of surfing. Obviously, not many VTers share my view of this iconic location that claims to be the first "World Surfing Reserve" (dedicated in 2010).
    So it was that I was happy to pull up and wander out on the pier and ponder the significance, for me, of being here. It sent goose bumps up my spine frankly.

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

Paradise Cove

by Britannia2 Written Mar 27, 2010
    The pier

Paradise Cove is owned by the Bob Morris who owns the cafe here ( see review) and it either costs $25 to park and then get this back if you eat in the cafe or park on Pacific Coast Highway and then walk the mile down the mile long drive way to the cove. It would be a steep walk back to your car. The fee does keep the masses away and it was indeed a very relaxing place.
    I am not sure which TV shows or movies I have seen that have been made here but I did recognise it as soon as I got out of the car.
    I did not go on the pier but I understand the views are stunning. There is a public toilet block in the car park and this was very clean and well kept. I think the beach beds and chairs were free to use but am not totally sure.
    Local residents are Courtney Cox, Kelsey Grammer from Frasier and Barbara Streisand.

• Photography

Instant Answers: Malibu Beach

Comments

Malibu Beach Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Malibu Beach things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Malibu Beach sightseeing.