Mammoth Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Mammoth

• AkiSan's Profile Photo

Ocean Harvest Seafood Restaurant: So-so Seafood

by AkiSan Updated Apr 4, 2011

Here is why I hated this restaurant: I ordered a Shrimp Caesar salad for approximately $12.95. This is a salad you can get anywhere, even at a supermarket and be reasonably satisfied. My salad was served on a smallish dinner/side salad plate with several shrimp arranged on top...the shrimp were cut in half lengthwise, so instead of 8 shrimp, I had 4! Now how cheap is that??

My friends ordered a pasta dish, a bucket of clams and I think a chicken dish. Nothing really stood out and the pasta was overcooked. The free wine - we had a coupon - was the best part of the night.

I think this is the only seafood place in Mammoth, so I guess it would win "Best Seafood" restaurant every year, based on not having any competition.

Favorite Dish: I thought everything was average. I think Red Lobster has food with better flavor and better prices.

NOTE: the restaurant website has an recently updated menu with prices, if you look at the restaurant through other websites, you may get outdated information.

• Theme Park Trips

Hennesey: Central drinking hole

by kzapanta Updated Sep 6, 2007

This is one of the new restaurants created in the Intrawest 'Town Center'. New, bright, sometimes loud, sometimes crowded 30 something crowd, expensive, no real culture.

It does get busy for apres-ski since it is right next to the town gondola and the wanabes offloading down and the first thing they see to sit down is this bar.

Favorite Dish: Bar food, burgers. Come for the drinks and patio seating and watch the crowd go by.

Lakanuki: Island Theme Restaurant Sports Bar

by kzapanta Written Aug 15, 2007

A lot of different theories about the name of this restaurant/sports bar/danceclub.

The real story of how the name Lakanuki came to be is the owner named it such because at the time this restaurant was being built, his wife was pregnant and he wasn't getting any bedroom play. Hence Lack of nuki.

Favorite Dish: Drinks are nice and strong. But the food is pretty normal pub fare with an island twist.

• Fishing

• Helen196's Profile Photo

Hennessey's: The worst Irish Coffees in the world?

by Helen196 Written Jun 27, 2005

We really weren't impressed with Hennessey's. They were really busy on the night we visited, so we expected service to be a little slower - there were lots of families and big groups in there before us.

We sat down and I think it took the waitress 10 minutes to bring our menu's, then another 10 minutes for the beer to arrive, then another 10 minutes to be asked what we wanted to eat.

When the food finally arrived it was only lukewarm, and not really that nice.

The menu offered the usual American fayre - burgers, ribs, chicken, sandwiches.

I honestly can't remember what I had to eat. That's how much of an impression this place made on me!

We tried to redeem the night and revive our flagging spirits with an Irish coffee from the bar. I wish we hadn't have bothered. It looked like coffee but tasted like warmed up whisky and was topped with squirty cream. Yuk!!

Dublin's: Always cold !?

by Helen196 Written Jun 8, 2005

Dublins has a great atmosphere and gets really busy on an evening especially towards the weekends. The Guiness is good, and they don't skimp on the Jack Daniels!

The food is OK , but could have been better if it was served warm and on warm plates.

In fact the whole place could have been better if it was warm! No matter where we sat we always ended up leaving as it was so cold in there!

Favorite Dish: New York Cheesecake because it was already cold to start with there was no chance of it being spoiled!!

• Helen196's Profile Photo

John's Pizza Works: A bit rough around the edges but great pizza!

by Helen196 Written Jun 8, 2005

To be honest I really didn't want to eat here as it looked like a complete dive - tables not cleared away, kids running riot, scary looking customers etc! But the pizza was worth it. Huge portions for just a few dollars, and really tasty.

If you're on a budget then this place is recommended.

Favorite Dish: I can recommend the spinach and pesto pizza :-)

• Helen196's Profile Photo

Old New York Deli & Bagel Co: The best bagels!

by Helen196 Written Jun 6, 2005

A deli/fast food style eaterie with a HUGE menu!!

A great place for breakfast before heading up the mountain, and cheaper than eating in the lodges/cafe's up there

Favorite Dish: Omlette with potatoes, cinnamon toasted bagels with fruit, bacon & egg on onion bagel

Petra's Cafe: Delicious Food - extensive wine list

by Helen196 Written Jun 6, 2005

We walked past Petra's on a Sunday evening and it was shut, but tried again later in the week and got a table straight away.

It looks quite small from the street but once inside it's quite the opposite and has a large open fire in the middle of it!

The menu isn't that extensive but what they do have is quite varied

One point to note is that they have no main meals for vegetarians, and our veggie traveller had to make do with a couple of starters for her main course.

Favorite Dish: I had salmon on a bed of cous cous which was gorgeous! The portions are quite small in comparison to the mountain sized portions you usually get in the USA, but it's just enough to fill you up and if you're looking for a break from all the meat and cheese and fries that seem to be on most menu's this is the perfect place for you.

The Pita Pit: Good Grub Food

by kzapanta Written Aug 15, 2007

Stuffed Pita bread with deli and produce with unique dressings.

Where the local teens go to feed their appetite.

• Fishing

Instant Answers: Mammoth

Comments

Mammoth Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mammoth restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mammoth sightseeing.