Winter Activities, Mammoth Lakes

Know about this? Rate It!

Us at Mammoth
  • AceMan's Profile Photo

Family Fun

by AceMan Written Feb 25, 2003
    Us at Mammoth

Favorite thing: The weather is fantastic. It gets lots of snow, but warms up during the day and you get plenty of sunshine as well.

Fondest memory: We were caught in a snowstorm right before Christmas and had to walk in a raging Blizzard to get food. Pulled it back to the Condo on a sled!

• rustreckless's Profile Photo

Ski in the winter. I've lived...

by rustreckless Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Ski in the winter. I've lived 14 of the last 16 years in Colorado, and they don't have anything on Mammoth...an awesome huge mountain with outstanding steeps! And, summer or winter, the peaks of the Eastern High Sierra are a spectacular sight...rugged, spikey, inspiring!

Fondest memory: Skiing the back country and virtually every named peak between Mammoth and Tom's Place. I don't think I can make it to the top of some of them now, but good memories. Lot's of open ski runs. Some of the best skiing is in the Springtime 'corn snow' season.

• BrendaLehr's Profile Photo

While staying at Mammoth we...

by BrendaLehr Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: While staying at Mammoth we drove down to Bishop for golf. I do not know how to golf either. I was in charge of driving around the beer cart, for all of our organization directors from the conference I was attending. Hey golf carts are fun!

• jrjohnson's Profile Photo

Ski the steep stuff. Anyone...

by jrjohnson Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Ski the steep stuff. Anyone who can ski the top on a pair of Rosi 4Ms from 1988 must have incredible leg stength. I hear those skiis give you a great hamstring workout. From left to right: brewjohnson, gmcnee, jrjohnson.

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

Enjoy the natural beauty...

by bruingirl Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Enjoy the natural beauty around you! In the winter, the entire mountain is covered in snow and is quite a sight! There is nothing quite like the serenity that I felt as I sat by the fireplace and watched the snow gently drift down for 4 days, non-stop. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen!

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

Jacuzzi after a hard day of boarding/skiing

by bruingirl Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: There's nothing quite like snowboarding in FRESH POWDER that comes up to your waist!! The last time we were there, we got over 6 feet of snow in one weekend!! What an amazing weekend it was! The lifts towards the top of the mountain were closed because the conditions were so harsh! Nonetheless, we boarded for as long as possible...at least, until our muscles were just too sore to go any longer. Then, we hopped into the jacuzzi. There is no better feeling in the world than being out in near blizzard conditions and then, soaking in a hot jacuzzi!

• AceMan's Profile Photo

Sledding is Lots of Fun!

by AceMan Written Feb 25, 2003
    Family Sledding

Favorite thing: You can sled either on you own or they have tubing on the way to the Main Lodge on Highway 203

Fondest memory: See the picture!

• Adventure Travel

• kaipow's Profile Photo

Do some skiing/boarding!

by kaipow Written Aug 26, 2002

Fondest memory: This is where I learned to ski the bumps. They've got them in all shapes and sizes...a great place to learn.

Instant Answers: Mammoth Lakes

Comments

View all Mammoth Lakes hotels