Know about this? Rate It!
Check out the Hot Springs!
Off of the main highway that leads into Mammoth proper, there is a little side road by the Fish Hatchery. This little side road takes you to a hidden valley where a hot spring has evolved over the years. There are patches of really hot water and then, there are patches of really cold water that streams down from the Sierra Nevadas. The hot springs come from the hot magma underneather Mammoth Mountain. Mammoth is actually a volcanic mountain that is still somewhat active. There are no eruptions, but the volcanic activity is what creates this hot magma underground. Be careful though, because there are certain areas where the water will scorch you to death. There are signs for the areas that are too hot.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Mammoth Lakes Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Boca Chica Key
- Cape Town Hotels
- Kampung Kuala Linggi Hotels
- Vijayawada Hotels
- Boracay Island
- Legaspi Hotels
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path