Places to eat in Mammoth Lakes

• Restaurants
    by depinski

Most Viewed Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes

• Hopkid's Profile Photo

Schat's Bakery: Fresh Baked Goods....Yum!

by Hopkid Written Aug 20, 2006

Schat's is an institution in the Inyo Valley city of Bishop, a few miles south of Mammoth Lakes. Not long ago they opened a branch in Mammoth Lakes and now skiers, mountain bikers, and other visitors to Mammoth can sample some of the wonderful baked goods that they produce on a daily basis. Breads, pastries, pound cakes, and cookies are all featured. The Mammoth branch also has a sandwich counter in the bake where you can order lunch or get take out to take with you on your hike or to pull out when you're riding the ski lift. We got the cookies and a raisin pound cake that were very good!

Favorite Dish: Anything here appears to be good!

• Hopkid's Profile Photo

The Stove: Home cooking in Mammoth

by Hopkid Written Aug 20, 2006

Set in what appears to be an old house (but I don't think it is), The Stove is a popular eatery with a menu befitting of a local diner/greasy spoon. We had dinner and breakfast here during our stay in Mammonth. For dinner Rita had their fried chicken while I had the lasagna. The chicken was fried to a non-greasy crispness with a hint of seasoning. We both rated it very tasty. The lasgna, on the other hand, was just OK. The positive was that it could easily feed a family of four the serving was so big! The breakfast menu had the usual suspects. However seeing as The Stove is well-known for their fresh-baked pies, I ordered a piece of peach pie for breakfast. It was just as a fresh peach pie should taste! It was wonderful!

Be forewarned that The Stove is popular and if you go during prime eating time you may experience a wait.

Favorite Dish: Fresh peach pie...only order it when peaches are in season, typically during the summer.

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

The Stove: Great breakfast!

by bruingirl Written Aug 19, 2003

One of the best places in town for breakfast. That's why there's always a line! Cute little place that looks like it could have been someone's house at one point and time.

Favorite Dish: Eggs and pancakes and biscuits and gravy. I LOVE breakfast and they have everything here! Try one of their omelettes or waffles!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Austria Hof Lodge Restaurant: Austria Hof Lodge Restaurant

by goingsolo Updated Jun 17, 2007

The Austria Hof has a restaurant which makes a stab at fine dining. I wasn't in the mood for fine dining, but was too tired to walk or drive anywhere else, so I ventured downstairs to give it a try. Service is friendly here and the bar is a popular spot, probably even more so during ski season.

The lobster rolls were delicious. For some reason, I decided to try roast duck, which is definitely not the specialty of this German themed restaurant. Anything with sauerkraut would have been a better choice I suppose, if you're into that. But the duck was pretty disappointing. The steaks didn't look all that appealing either.

Mammoth Lakes

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Good Life Cafe: Pretty Good Breakfast!

by GracesTrips Written Mar 2, 2008

We were told by someone about this place. He said it was the best breakfast he ever had! Well, that is some claim, isn't it? So, we had to check it out. The breakfast we had was okay. Not the best but pretty good. It's located in an obscure place. You really have to know it's there. Anyway, it got filled up quickly so I guess lots of people know about this place.

Favorite Dish: I had the breakfast burrito with pork and chile verde. I couldn 't finish it - it was sooo big. My b boyfriend enjoyed his chile verde omlet. We basically had the same thing, just a little different.

Chile Verde Omlet with Fresh Fruit Chile Verde Breakfast Burrito Specials

Gomez's: Fun Mexican Place

by Roadquill Written Apr 25, 2010

Long a local favorite located in an old A frame off the main tourist track, Gomez's was enticed into the village. You can still get the classic Mexican dishes such as tamales empanadas, burritos, etc, etc., as well as a cold beer or marguerita, all at reasonable prices. Quite a lively crowd.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the enchilladas.

• Hiking and Walking

Sidedoor: Wine Bar and Light Meal

by Roadquill Written Apr 25, 2010

The Sidedoor, located in The Village, provides a nice alternative to a big heavy meal, while providing an varied and interesting wine selection. They also have an espresso bar with both indoor and out seating. The clientele included both locals and visitors engaged in mixed conversationts.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the panini sandwich of chicken, goat cheese and pesto.

Angels Restaurant: Hearty Fare

by Roadquill Updated Apr 25, 2010

Located on the main road into town, Angels has been dishing out good food for as long as I can remember. I can not remember a time I left hunger and there is a great selection of beers. The wine list is limited. Salads, sandwiches, burgers, plus BBQ ribs, chicken and even tequila limed salmon.

Favorite Dish: Both ribs and burgers have been rapidly consumed by yours truly.

• Beer Tasting

Slocums Grill: MOre than a Grill

by Roadquill Written Apr 26, 2010

Slocums has been around for over 20 years and has a well deserved reputation. I have enjoyed several meals there, mostly steaks, from rib eye and filet mignon to lamb. A nice wine selection and reasonable prices. The bar is busy and of course there is a happy hour. If not that hungry they have soups and salads.

Austria Hof: Bringing that Alpine feel to Mammoth

by Roadquill Written Apr 27, 2010

The Austria Hof restaurant and bar on the ground level of the Austria Hof Hotel has been around since I can remember. My aunt used to stay there 25 or so years ago and we would join her for a drink in the bar. The place is a little worn now, but that adds to the ambiance. I usually stay at the hotel a couple times a year and eat there regularly. A definite Austrian feel. Weiner Schnitzel, Sauerbraten, wild mushroom and rabbit struedel. But that is not all. One of the few places in Mammoth you can get duck. plus other specialities such as Osso Bucco and a mixed game platter.

Favorite Dish: The schnitzels are very good.

the Hof Menu from the Hof

• malianrob's Profile Photo

LakaNuki: Hawaiian???? in Mammoth???

by malianrob Written Apr 4, 2006

I came in here not knowing what to expect. I have seen this place pretty crowded but on this particular day it was dead. the food was soso, alittle pricey but then again you are in Mammoth, everything here is pricey.

Favorite Dish: I had some appetizers but mostly i had drinks. they are opened from 2pm to 2 am Mon-Thurs. and 11am to 2am Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
    From what i hear the place is do to close soon, too bad.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

The Breakfast Club: Great breakfast

by malianrob Updated Feb 27, 2006

This was a great place for breakfast. There was alot of people but the service was great and the food was too. We waited for about 15 to 20 minutes to get in but as soon as we sat down the service was fast.
    I had a Spinach and cheese omelet, hash browns and toast. Rob had the pork chop and eggs with home fries and a biscuit, Danny and Estela both had that Denver omelet with has browns and muffins. It was all good!
    The restaurant is decorated in the counrty style which makes you feel very cozy as if you were in your own kitchen.

• Africancrab's Profile Photo

McDonalds: Cherry Berry Chiller

by Africancrab Written May 26, 2013

Recently, my daughter and I, started buying the Cherry Berry chiller smoothie from McDonalds. If you have driven by any McDonalds nationwide, you will find they are promoting the Cherry berry drink. It is delicious!!

The only thing I do not like about it, is he amount of sugar in the drink. If you taste it you will realize the sugar in the drink is not natural fruit sugar, I believe they add sugar or syrup, but I so wish they would limit the grams of sugar in each drink to less than 10 grams. At 14 grams of sugar it tastes like diabetes in a cup.

I started making my own at home and it tastes better with less sugar!

PS: "If it tastes good, eat it" - Andrew Zimmermann

McDonalds store #6874

• depinski's Profile Photo

Old New York Deli & Bagel Co.: Great place for breakfast and lunch.

by depinski Written May 23, 2008

This place is great. Food is of excellent quality and comes in good sized portions. Additionally, the place has free wifi internet access which is great when your job requires you to take care of some things while you're "working from home." The staff is nice and usually the place is fairly empty after the breakfast / lunch time / apres ski rush so you can easily find an empty table to work at. There is seating outside too, but I only recommend that in the warm spring season.

Favorite Dish: The Turkey Club, oatmeal, and bagel with lox are my favorites. I always start the day of with an oatmeal, which comes with brown sugar and walnuts, and coffee. It's a great light breakfast before a heavy day of boarding. If I'm in town at lunchtime, my go to is the turkey club sandwich.

• depinski's Profile Photo

Pita Pit: Tastes like a sandwich ... but in a pita.

by depinski Updated May 23, 2008

I'm not a fan of the Pita Pit mostly because of the service and partly because I don't like pitas very much unless they're fresh, warm, and come as part of a shawarma. I do have to be fair and say that they do have good quality, tasty food. You get your choice of meat, vegetable and sauce toppings. The taste reminds me of a hot subway sandwich but with a different bread. All my friends enjoy the pita pit and frequently suggest it as a dinner option to me. The place is pretty cheap though.

Favorite Dish: Grilled chicken pita.

Mammoth Lakes Hotels

Westin Monache Resort Mammoth
Quality Inn Mammoth Lakes
Latest: Jun 30, 2014

Instant Answers: Mammoth Lakes

Comments

Mammoth Lakes Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Mammoth Lakes locals.
Map of Mammoth Lakes