Personal Moments, Manhattan Beach

Know about this? Rate It!

Sign as seen on bench at the Pier
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

A Traveler's Dream Spot.

by lmkluque Updated Feb 9, 2013

Directional Disk

Fondest memory: This almost looks like a starfish, but it isn't. It is a disk set into the cement of the observation platform I just told you about. On the disk are arrows pointing in the direction of various places across the Pacific Ocean!

It might not seem like much to tell you about but the feeling that rose in me, as I realized which way to look towards an exotic place such as New Zealand, made me feel surprisingly connected. Just one of my favorite memories of Manhattan Beach.

• Beaches

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

A Fine Resting Place

by lmkluque Updated Feb 9, 2013

Sign as seen on bench at the Pier

Favorite thing: Benches are placed along the Manhattan Beach Pier and this sign is embedded in each one.

The Pier is long and for a person who has trouble walking any distance, the benches are a welcomed sight. However, for those able to walk the length of the Pier many times over, the benches offer a moment's pause and spectacular views of the Sun, Sand and Sea.

Fondest memory: One favorite moment, while sitting on the Pier's bench, was realizing that the view just below happened to be VT's canopies for the following day's competition in the Volleyball Games. Though I had to leave Friday night, I'd be able to imagine the next days events during the Volleyball Games.

After seeing the wild and wacky photos of that day, I realized that it was much more fun than I could have imagined.

• Beaches
    • Aquarium

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Surf

by Sharrie Written Aug 8, 2003

Favorite thing: Not virtual but in the ocean...

I read recently about having no life if one is on VT too much... what do u think?

Communication on the net is not real? or is it even more real than in person? I wonder, I've always wondered...

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Freedom

by Sharrie Written Aug 8, 2003

Favorite thing: It's great to be a bird...

I once dreamt I was a bird... taking off, flying higher & higher. I was in the realm of possibilities!

Instant Answers: Manhattan Beach

Comments

View all Manhattan Beach hotels