The Pier, Manhattan Beach

Know about this? Rate It!

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Life is Beautiful

by malianrob Written Feb 17, 2006

Favorite thing: I always found the beach to be very relaxing. I dont know if it was the sound of the ocean, its waves crashing on the shore or the breeze but I fell in love with Manhattan Beach. I moved here after a very difficult marriage and even more difficult divorce. I needed to start over so i decided i would start fresh here. At first i would just sit at the Pier and pray or talk to God...You know... "why me....why is this happening...life is so hard.. blah blah blah". Then I really started to feel better, I found so much comfort here that this place has a special place in my heart and someday I hope to move back.

Fondest memory: Some of my happiest memories was of when I was living in Manhattan Beach. I was about two blocks from the beach, lived in a tiny apartment and I went to the beach everyday. I was really into getting in shape at the time and i would get off work and take a jog on tne Strand or rollerblade or bike ride. Sometimes if I was having a bad day i would get a hot chocolate at the Coffee Bean and walk down to the pier and just think or relax or take a walk. I would go at any time of the day or night. I always felt very safe there.
    Summer is great in Manhattan Beach but really anytime is great being there. At night time theres so many people out and its a nice place to hang out.
    While most people liked to go to Beaches Restaurant, I really liked going to Shellbacks.(Right across from Beaches). We would walk down from the apartment and go have a few drinks and watch the basketball game or the football game.. it didnt matter. Shellbacks is more laidback, cheaper prices, and mostly filled with locals.

• Beaches

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

The Roundhouse Marine Studies Lab .

by Waalewiener Written Oct 14, 2004

Pier & Roundhouse

Favorite thing: This round building is located at the end of the Manhattan Pier ,it has an exhibit of the
    flora and the fauna of the Santa Monica Bay.
    A great place for chiildren where kids can look at and sometimes touch creatures in tanks and aquarium.

Fondest memory: The Roundhouse,is available for Birthday Parties and fieldtrips , and it also provides wheelchair acces & Parking.
    So location is
    The end of the Manhattan Pier , and it can be reached by phone
    Tel 310-379-8117.
    Open weekdays 3 pm till sunset
    weekends 10 am till sunset .
    Donations of $ 2 us recommended.

• Aquarium

Instant Answers: Manhattan Beach

Comments

View all Manhattan Beach hotels