Mamma D's Italian, Manhattan Beach

by supune
  • heryanta's Profile Photo

Mamma D's: Good food but slow

by heryanta Written Jul 29, 2007

Mama D's is not expensive and since it is close to the ocean it is a good place to have lunch on nice sunny days. The food is good but service is slow. I'm actually used to slow service from my time in Europe so it doesn't bother me too much but don't come here if you only have 40 minutes as you might get anxious just end up rushing through your lunch.

The restaurant itself looks decent, not as nice as the other ones along the boulevard but then again you won't have to pay as much.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Mama D's Italian: Great Italian on the West Coast's Manhattan!

by Callavetta Written Mar 10, 2004

A great casual place to get your Italian Fix, Mama D's seems to be the place everyone knows about. While a crowd forms on the sidewalk outside, servers come out frequently with offerings of their delicious focaccia bread. (I asked for wine but it was a "no go"). Arriving about 6 pm, we had about a 45 minute wait. The restaurant is noisy and families are everywhere. And the food is great!

Favorite Dish: I particularly enjoyed the pasta diavola with calamari. Just the right amount of spice and the calamari was perfectly cooked. The serving size was huge! I had dinner the next day as well!

• supune's Profile Photo

Mamma D's Italian: Try the Lite Lunch Special

by supune Written Oct 21, 2006
    Mamma D's Pasta Roma

Mamma D's has been around for years. Our pretty waitress, Rose, had worked there for 4 years. They must be doing something right. The place is just a block away from the beach. It's a small cozy restaurant with lots of dishes. We were here during lunchtime and had to go back to work, so we had to stay light.

Favorite Dish: I had the Pasta Roma from the Lunch Lite Special. Even though, it said lite, the portion was decent sized. It was cooked healthy with big chunks of Tomatos, Pasta, light oil, chicken, artichoke (or something like it) -- the tip picture for more info. What I loved about this dish was that it was less than $7.

The full size plates were about $10-20

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Mamma D's Italian: GREAT ITALIAN FOOD

by malianrob Updated Nov 30, 2005

FIRST OF ALL MAMA D'S IS KNOWN FOR THEIR EXCELLENT SERVICE. AS SOON AS YOU WALK IN EVERYONE ACKNOWLEDGES YOU AND TREATS YOU LIKE PART OF THE FAMILY. IT IS A CASUAL ATMOSPHERE AND DEPENDING ON WHAT TIME YOU GO, YOU MIGHT BE WAITING FOR A TABLE. WAITING IS OK BECAUSE THEY GIVE YOU SOME OF THIER DELICIOUS BREADSTICKS AND LEMONADE WHILE YOU WAIT.
    EVERYTIME I GO, I AM NEVER DISAPPOINTED.

Favorite Dish: I LOVE THE SPINACH AND CHICKEN RAVIOLI (HALF AND HALF) WITH THEIR PINK SAUCE. THE PINK SAUCE IS MARINARA AND ALFREDO SAUCES TOGETHER. THEIR BREADSTICKS AND GARLIC DIPPING SAUCE IS ADDICTING, YOU JUST CANT STOP EATING IT.

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Mamma D's Italian: Great Food, Even Better Service!

by rmdw Written Jan 27, 2004

I discovered this place by accident one even while I had a hunkering for pizza. They offer a full slate of Italian offerings.

The staff is young, quick, and very attentive!

And the pizza was superb!

Instant Answers: Manhattan Beach

Comments

Hotels Near Mamma D's Italian
4.5 out of 5 stars