Manhattan Beach Brewing Company, Manhattan Beach

• WulfstanTraveller's Profile Photo

Manhattan Beach Brewing: Good Brewpub

by WulfstanTraveller Written Dec 19, 2008

Manhattan Beach Brewing

This is a pretty good brewpub. It's a nice place, comfortable if a little small. It has some pretty good food and a nice range. The beer is overall not bad, the few I've had ranging from mediocre to pretty good.

The location is nice, about one block up from the pier and the beach near the intersection of Manhattan Beach Blvd, the main east-west street, and Manhattan Ave. This is a little over one block towards the beach from the intersection of Manhattan Beach Blvd and Highland Ave, the main north-south street. It has nice window seats if you can get them, but the place seems to get pretty packed later in the evenings.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Manhattan Beach Brewing Company: Burgers and sandwiches

by Dabs Updated Oct 19, 2008

2nd visit October 2008

I ate here with some VT folks on a prior visit to Manhattan Beach, I had a good laugh as everyone ordered salads and then proceeded to put fried chicken on top of them. I told them that Chicagoans were much more straightforward and just went right ahead and ordered a burger.

My 2nd visit was by myself, I had a little time to kill before my flight home and felt like a sandwich would hold be over until I got back home.

Favorite Dish: The food here is good, the menu has salads, burgers, sandwiches and a variety of other menu items. We also ordered some buffalo chicken strips for the table and they were very good.

On my 2nd visit I ordered a prime rib French dip, the sandwich was pretty good and came topped with cheese and onions along with a horseradish dipping sauce. The side of sweet potato fries was way more than I could finish.

• brewjohnson's Profile Photo

Manhattan Beach Brewing Company: Microbrews and Burgers

by brewjohnson Updated Feb 4, 2008

Local microbrewery. Good bar food... burgers, salads, etc. The "buffalo style" chicken strips (not the buffalo wings) are incredible. If you like wings, you'll love these chicken strips. I'm salivating right now.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Strips, buffalo style
    Raspberry and Gorgonzola salad

• jrjohnson's Profile Photo

Manhattan Beach Brewing...

by jrjohnson Updated Jul 10, 2003

Manhattan Beach Brewery

Manhattan Beach Brewing Company
    Good bar food. Nice TVs.

Favorite Dish: Spicy Chicken Strips (buffalo style) If you order this item, do so with caution. First of all, it is not on the menu, and therefore it is sometimes prepared incorrectly. I have found the highest rate of success with the following order: 'chicken strips, buffalo style... breaded and tossed in the wings sauce'. Secondly, you should be careful because they are very addictive. Most weekends you can find me there enjoying this appetizer along with the seasonal televised sporting events. Lastly, they are hot, so if you enjoy the milder side of life, I would stray from this reccommendation.

• Beaches
    • Beer Tasting

• spartan's Profile Photo

Manhattan Beach Brewing Company: An oldie but goodie!!!

by spartan Updated Jan 30, 2003

One of the oldest brewpubs in California, sits housed in a 1930's red brick building in the charming surfside community of Manhattan Beach (just steps from the sand and historic Roundhouse Pier). It's also a nice place to meet and chat with friends. Had a blast and shared lots of laughs and stories!!!

Favorite Dish: Well you can start off with a Rat Beach Red Ale (nice amber color with an excellent sweet taste). For an appetizer, I would suggest the Spicy Chicken Strips coated in a seasoned batter & deep fried then smothered in Louisiana Hot Sauce (with ranch sauce on the side for dipping). The entree that I would recommend is the Bacon Cheeseburger (1/2 lb. burger smothered with thick slices of bacon and swiss cheese) with french fries.

• lauriejeanne's Profile Photo

lauriejeanne's Restaurant Tip

by lauriejeanne Written Sep 7, 2002

They brew their beer on the premises -- there are tons of varieties to choose from. A good excuse to return, I'd say!

Favorite Dish: Home brewed beers are the specialty of this restaurant and I can attest to their quality and flavour! I had the Hallowe'en Pumpkin Ale which was fantastic and my friend had the Rat Ale Beer... pretty disgusting name, but a tremendous beer, I must say. (I snuck a sip!!) We ate tremendous barbequed wings as an appetizer -- spicy and flavourful! For main courses we had the teriyaki chicken burger, and a Cheeseburger with bacon and swiss cheese, plus fries. All I remember is that it was all huge -- good ol' unbelievable portions! Oh well, order once and get 2, 2, 2 meals in one....

• Wilson's Profile Photo

Manhattan Beach Brewery: Manhattan Beach Brewery

by Wilson Updated Aug 24, 2002

Great spot to hit for a late lunch after a day at the beach. Always crowded and the food is really good for a bar/brewery.

Favorite Dish: Buffalo sytle chicken tenders. Their signature appetizer (in my opinion - plus see JRJohnson's description if you doubt me). But remember, order them breaded and buffalo style or you will be disappointed. They will know what you are talking about because we have pestered them consistently since they altered the preparation of this item. Or, just order them 'Old School' style and that should suffice!

Instant Answers: Manhattan Beach

Comments

Hotels Near Manhattan Beach Brewing Company
4.5 out of 5 stars