McCormick & Schmicks, Manhattan Beach

by heryanta
  • awerhane's Profile Photo

McCormick & Schmicks: Two Very Different Experiences

by awerhane Written Feb 5, 2008

We went to McCormick & Schmicks twice to celebrate two different events, and had two very different experiences.

The first time we were seated inside at a booth that felt very private. The waiter truly made us feel like we were the only ones in the restaurant and the food was amazing. Even though they are mostly known for their fish, I was in the mood for a rib-eye and it did not disappoint. The overall experience was amazing and we were treated as if we were royalty.

On the second trip, it was a nice summer evening, so we thought it might be fun to eat outdoors. Unfortunately, this is probably mostly reserved for Happy Hour traffic as we had a much less fulfilling experience. The wait staff was non-existent, the tables were dirty, and even the food seemed to be having an off-night. I guess I should have been tipped off when the waitress did not ask me how I wanted my steak prepared this time. My wife's fish was equally average that night.

Favorite Dish: One highlight of both trips was the Seared Ahi Tuna appetizer. In general, stick with the fish at McCormick & Schmicks.

• heryanta's Profile Photo

McCormick & Schmicks: Fresh seafood in fine setting

by heryanta Written Jun 14, 2007

View of the outside patio

McCormick & Schmicks offers fine dining experience amidst a semi-casual setting. The menu boasts fresh seafood with daily fish selection and a very comprehensive wine list.

The restaurant has private rooms in addition to the main dining area. It also has a rather large outdoor patio.
    The bar area seats around 30 people and is great for drinks after work. Their happy hour last all night when there’s an NFL game on, and the $1.95 cheeseburger with fries is the best deal in the South Bay!

If you’re here for a work meeting or on a date, the stuffed salmon with crab, shrimp and brie cheese meat is a delight when followed by the flourless chocolate cake.

Favorite Dish: Fresh salmon stuffed with crab, shrimp and brie cheese followed by the flourless chocolate cake .... need I say more? :)

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

McCormick's & Schmick's: McCormick's & Schmick's

by bruingirl Updated Aug 22, 2003

A great selection of seafood! You can have your choice of pretty much any fish out there and have it cooked any way you like - broiled, grilled, etc, etc....They are also known for one of the best happy hours around! $2 for appetizers and they are REALLY good appetizers! They have a large outdoor dining area w/ a fireplace which is great for lunch and dinner!

Instant Answers: Manhattan Beach

Comments

View all Manhattan Beach hotels