Fun things to do in Manhattan Beach

Most Viewed Things to Do in Manhattan Beach

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Trek Up The Hills

by lmkluque Updated Aug 22, 2014

It was slow going and difficult for me, but I did walk up these hilly streets to get another view of this section of the town. Lots of restaurants offered everything from pizza slices, ordered through a window, for those sandy footed, bathingsuit clad patrons who just wanted a quick bite to eat, to the more expensive, "no shirts, no shoes, no service" type restaurants which offer gourmet meals on linen covered tables with china and crystal settings.

I found a small grocery store up the street as well as a furniture store which I thought at the time, wouldn't appeal to a vacationer. There were other shops of interest, but I mostly noticed the variety of restaurants.

Update:

This time I did not walk up or down these hills. I just kept driving around until I found a good parking spot, which I did. The lot I parked in before was closed because of a "Smart Car" event. I guess anyone who wanted to test the "Smart Car" could. If they had allowed me to park I might have tried it. But they wouldn't so I didn't.

The Point of this tip is that Manhattan Beach is a very hilly place! If you have any walking issues at all this might not be good for you, unless, like me you just want to spend time at the beach area about the Pier.

The Hills of Manhattan Beach
    • Water Sports

• jrjohnson's Profile Photo

Volleyball in Manhattan Beach

by jrjohnson Written Nov 2, 2002

Play volleyball in the sand. Many believe that Manhattan Beach is the birthplace of beach volleyball. If you visit you should attempt to play sport. Once you try to move in the deep sand here in Manhattan you will have new found respect for the pros which make this sport look so easy.

Volleyball and Pier in Manhattan Beach
    • Surfing
    • Adventure Travel

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Surfers showing their stuff at Manhattan Beach.

by Waalewiener Written Aug 25, 2004

Great surfing can be seen in the Ocean at Manhattan Beach .There has to be some decent wave action to see a good surf.

Surfer in Manhattan Beach.

• jrjohnson's Profile Photo

Typical Day

by jrjohnson Written Nov 2, 2002

Enjoy the nice weather. Below is picture I took outside of my friend's house on Marine street on a typical day. Not bad huh?

Typical Manhattan Day

Manhattan Beach Hotels

Latest Manhattan Beach Hotel Reviews

Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Beach (South Bay Area)
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
Seahorse Inn
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Manhattan Beach

Comments

Manhattan Beach Things to Do

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Manhattan Beach locals.
Map of Manhattan Beach