Know about this?
Don't drink and drive
This goes without saying: You should never drink and drive, but around here...You definitely don't want to drink and drive.
Cabs are plentiful on Friday and Saturday nights. You have no excuse.
You could even ride a bike - I guess it's a little safter than driving.
Be aware on the Pier, Fishermen and their gear.
As you can see here on the Manhattan Beach Pier there are Fishermen fishing off the Pier ,and off course there will be fishiing rods with sharp fishing hooks on their fishing lines .
I believe these men/women are well aware of children running around and people walking by and usuallly they are local Fishermen.But still their is an element of danger and as visitors on this Pier be advised to be aware of fish hooks flying around.
- Family Travel
Don't walk on the bike strand
As you approach the beach, you will notice there are two cement paths separating the houses from the sand. These two paths are known as the "strand". Even though they share the same name, they are very different. The bike strand, the one closer to the water, is designed for bikes as the name might suggest. (side note: the bike strand used to be the Red Line train which ran from Los Angeles all the way to Redondo Beach... I believe it was removed in the late 50's but not real sure about that date). Every now and then you'll get a pedestrian on the bike stand and on a crowded weekend, this creates a dangerous situation. Even if you are crossing the bike strand to enjoy the soft, warm sand and refreshing surf... please... look both ways or you may get yourself run over by an over zealous cyclist on a Eddie Fisher or a half-drunk beach bum on a beach cruiser. Either way, that will ruin your weekend.
It's tough to come up with Warnings or Dangers for Manhattan Beach.
Oh yeah... wear sunblock.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book at Official Site
- Marriott.com Book at Official Site Get Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee
Manhattan Beach Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Falcarragh Hotels
- Garrapata State Park Hotels
- Carcar Hotels
- New Manila Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- State of Jammu and Kashmir
- Hurghada Warnings and Dangers
- Honolulu Warnings and Dangers
- Lisbon Warnings and Dangers
- Playa del Carmen Warnings and Dangers
- Romania Warnings and Dangers
- Charleston Warnings and Dangers
- Be aware of Call Girls
- U. S. Virgin Islands Warnings and Dangers
- Reno Warnings and Dangers
- Baguio Warnings and Dangers
- Croatia Warnings and Dangers
- Odessa Warnings and Dangers