Mariposa Restaurants

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Pizza Factory: Yosemite Area Pizza Chain

by riorich55 Written Apr 8, 2011

Front Entrance

After having spent the day at Yosemite National Park and having a good size lunch at the Lodge in the park, Sue and I didn't really need a lot to eat for dinner. On our drive back through the winding, dark roads back to Mariposa, I asked Sue if a pizza for our Thursday night dinner was ok with her. She agreed and so we headed into downtown Mariposa for our 8:00 p.m. late dinner (that is a late dinner for us as we usually eat somewhere between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.) most evenings.

We sat down at a booth and then after deciding what we wanted I went up to the counter to place our order of a small cheese, sausage and green pepper pizza. Probably within 10 minutes or less our pizza was ready. Although we are from Chicago and really know our pizzas, this one wasn't too bad, especially with the price only being a little over $10.

I thought it was a pretty good value for a franchise type pizza place.

A little history, if you don't want to check out their website. They started in 1979 down the road a bit in Oakhurst, Ca and now have 120 restaurants throughout 5 Western states.

Their tag line is: "We Toss'em, They're Awesome".

Favorite Dish: Well it is a Pizza Place, so you'll have to guess.

• Hiking and Walking

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Butterfly Cafe: You Gotta Have the Mint Tea

by riorich55 Updated Dec 4, 2010

Front Entrance at Night

The 4th full day of our 10 full days in California was basically a travel day going from the Wine Country area to the Yosemite area. Although we didn't have anything specific on our schedule for the day, we did manage a few activities and pictures covered in other tips.

Anyway, we arrived in Mariposa around 6:00 p.m. and checked in at our home away from home for the next 3 days, the Poppy Hill B & B. After having getting settled in, we asked our B & B hostess, Mary Ellen her recommendations for a place to have dinner. She had the menu for the Butterfly Cafe near the front door and after looking through it we ventured the 5 miles back into town.

Favorite Dish: Since we had a late lunch on our way to Mariposa in Lodi I wasn't that hungry and after sitting down and taking a look once more through the menu, I decided that with the late lunch and the cheese and crackers I had back at the B & B, I was set with my food intake for the day. Sue, however was a little hungry and so we figured we could order one dish and I could have a few bites to tide me over.

We started out by each ordering a glass of mint tea. It came and was served with a sugar cane straw. Wow, it was simply delicious. I'm a sweet tea fan and this was even better with the pure sugar being dissolved slowly as you drank your tea. I ended up having 2 large glasses of the tea which, even though I knew the caffeine would keep me up a bit longer that evening, I simply couldn't resist.

As for the food portion of the meal Sue ordered the house speciality, charbroiled salmon with a miso Ginger sauce. It was also very good. I ended up having a few bites which was just right.

Oh, and if you have to go to the bathroom go out the backdoor and take a right. You will have to go outside and then back inside to the bathroom. In case you gotta go!

• Motorcycle

• Gaisan's Profile Photo

The Butterfly Cafe: Delicious food, great service, well priced

by Gaisan Written May 13, 2009

We just happened on the Butterfly Cafe for breakfast on our way home from Yosemite, right on the main highway through town. What a great find! It's a bit small but cozy and inviting. The adorable back patio is open in the summer only, but looks equally as charming and inviting.

If you are either going to or coming back from Yosemite or just taking a drive to Mariposa, definitely put this place on your "must eat here" itinerary. Delicious food, well priced. You won't be disappointed!

Favorite Dish: We had the best breakfast we've had in a long while, sharing a veggie omelet which was chock-full of delicious fresh veggies, cooked to perfection. They served us fresh squeezed orange juice and fresh, strong but not bitter, delicious coffee made from locally roasted beans. We don't do potatoes, so we asked and they substituted 4 slices of a large, red, just-ripened tomato. The staff was efficient and friendly and made us feel right at home... just like family.

• National/State Park

• WulfstanTraveller's Profile Photo

Happy Burger Diner: Ok Burger/Diner Place

by WulfstanTraveller Written Aug 12, 2008

Boasting the "largest menu in the Sierra," this is dine has some character and is decent but hardly great even for what it is. The burgers are pretty good but hardly great. One of the weakest points in our experience is the "salad bar," which is very very weak. The salad dressing in particular leaves a lot to be desired, with the choices all being really quite bad. Avoid the "bleu cheese," which does not deserve the name, and even the Thousand Island is inferior. That said, there are not too many choices in Mariposa and one can do decently well here if careful.

• jstark's Profile Photo

Happy Burger Diner: Largest Menu in Town

by jstark Written Apr 11, 2007

Fun environment! Smiley faces everywhere! This is the best place to get a burger in Mariposa by far! They offer everything from Breakfast to dinner! All the food is cooked to order so I would not consider this a fast food restauraunt even though you order at the counter. They have every kind of hot sandwhich you can imagine and you can even make one up! Not big on FAT...try there famous Ostrich Burger. There is about a 15 minute wait on your food.

Favorite Dish: Chicked Club Sandwhich and Curly Fries of coarse!

• jstark's Profile Photo

Charles Street Dinner House: Wonderrful Steaks and Seafood

by jstark Written Apr 11, 2007

Best Dinner In Mariposa by far! The owner Ed Uebner is the Chef during the week and Clarence is the Chef on the weekends! Both wonderful cooks. They buy only the best cuts os meat and seafoods and cut it up in house. Everything is delicous. The environment is very friendly and has a western Theme. Family owned for many years.

Favorite Dish: Salmon when they are serving it! They also serve an wonderful Australian Lobster Tail.

• Luxury Travel

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Red Fox: Red Fox, excellent food, good value

by Martin_S. Written Dec 14, 2006

Red Fox Restaurant, Mariposa, Calif., USA

Here in the middle of "tourist land" at the western entrance to Yosemite, we did not expect to find a good restaurant in Mariposa on the main highway. But we did.....The Red Fox has an a small, but very good selection of dishes and we all enjoyed our meal, our teenage daughter included (and that is a big compliment ;O)))

• River Rock Cafe: Gourmet Sandwiches

by leb3 Updated Jan 1, 2006

More than just sandwich store, River Rock cafe has something for everyone. My fussy son even likes the sandwhiches here! The choices of bread are diverse, include everyone's favorite chibata.

This little gourmet store 'n more is a gem!

Favorite Dish: They have a list of 10 standards or make your own!

• Happy Burger: Best Burgers In CA

by leb3 Written Oct 24, 2005

This is no drive thru fast food place. The burgers are generous and the food is awesome. The highlight of this little tourist town - Happy Burger receives raves and accolades from all who venture in with a rumbly tummy!

The walls are covered with LP album covers of every category and genre.

Favorite Dish: Happy Burger does a great breakfast - but the variety of burgers and other things on the menu makes it impossible to choose just one favorite item!!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Red Fox Inn Restaurant: Red Fox Inn Restaurant

by goingsolo Written Sep 4, 2004

The Red Fox Inn is the best restaurant in town, but don't expect too much. At least that's what I was told by the owners of the EC Lodge. Its a nice place with good food located on the main street of Mariposa. Its pricier than the local diner, but not too bad. The bill for a prime rib dinner came to just over $20.

Favorite Dish: The prime rib was pretty good.

Instant Answers: Mariposa

Comments

Mariposa Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mariposa restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mariposa sightseeing.