Mojave Restaurants

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

MIKE'S FAMILY ROADHOUSE CAFE: GREAT CHICKEN FRIED STEAK AT MIKE'S

by travelgourmet Updated Jan 24, 2011

SIT DOWN AMERICAN FOOD AND DRINK AT MIKE'S

Mike's Roadhouse Cafe is quite a place inside. I had visited the Mike's in Kettleman City, just off the I-5 travelling to San Francisco from Los Angeles and was pleased with the food. Spotting the Mike's in Mojave and I turned into the driveway not only to get something to eat, but to see if it looked the same inside. From the outside, it looks like just about any roadside cafe on any stretch of highway in any town, USA. Inside and the walls are filled with the old pedal cars of my youth. There were real antique type pedal cars and some that looked like I bought one for my children. The whole theme at Mike's looks to be early 40's-50's, not only in the pedal cars on the walls, but the candy display, books, etc. A fun place to visit and to have a bite to eat. Drinks are served in a bar attached to the main cafe.

Favorite Dish: When I go to this type of restaurant, the roadside cafe, I look for comfort food. Nothing says comfort more than a good Country Fried Steak smoothered in a delicious gravy. Mike's calls their Country Fried Steak, Famous. Well, I can understand.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Stoken and Other Good Stuff: The best donuts and coffee!

by Yaqui Updated Nov 28, 2009

This is in the Old Kern County Mojave Branch Free Library building that now has found new life as Stoken Donut and Coffee shop. It was so nice to see that someone has taken the foresight to breath new life in a wonderful building. We stopped and had some wonderful donuts and great coffee. The folks in here were so friendly and polite. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Denny's - what else:-): I bet you couldn't guess!

by Yaqui Updated Oct 10, 2007

Ah ha....I bet you are surprised...not! We like Denny's and good old Mojave has one! In fact it's just across from AM PM gas and the overpass that has cutouts for train lovers and for photographers to click any kind of shot off. This Denny's is just as nice as others and lots of tourist stop here. It can be somewhat busy at times, while others times it's very quiet.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Mike's Roadhouse Cafe: Lots of Peddlecars...remember those?!

by Yaqui Written Oct 10, 2007

This is a really neat restaurant that many locals and tourist frequent a lot! It is nothing fancy, just simple decor and good food. We stop here on occasion if we're passing thru from the Highway 14. My son loves looks at all the old pedal cars they have on display here. Some are the owners collection and some they do sell.

Favorite Dish: I always get the Country Egg Breakfast. The servings are just right for me.

KFC, McDonalds, Dennys, Carls Jr, Jack in the box: Lots of fast food

by malianrob Written Apr 4, 2006

On the main highway theres lots of places to eat. Mostly its fast food.
    KFC is pretty good for chicken and mashed potatoes, and we cant forget about the biscuits.
    Jack in the Box has alittle bit of everything, 99cents for two tacos, curly fries etc..
    Carls Jr is good for their burgers, and my personal favorite: western bacon double cheese burger.
    Dennys has alittle bit of everything too. their grand slam breakfast is good, alot of food and not too pricey. their burgers are overpriced and if you want a burger go somewhere else.
    and of course theirs also McDonalds, i dont think i need to tell you what they have there.

Carls Jr.: Some familiar places for burgers

by malianrob Written Apr 4, 2006

By the time we got out of LA and into Mojave we were starving. I didnt want to take any chances on going somewhere new and possibly not liking the food so we headed to some place familiar where we KNOW the food is good. I am not much of a burger person but if i am craving a burger its usualluy IN N OUT or Carls Jr. I had a delicious Western Bacon Double Cheese Burger.. Yummy!! They never mess that up.
    Carls Jr is a pretty popular place in Southern California, not as popular as McDonalds but , in my opinion, alot better food.

Barbies Primo Burgers: good burgers

by malianrob Written Feb 26, 2006

This place had some pretty good burgers. Theres alot of fast food around here but for something just alittle bit different try this place. They also had the cleanest bathrooms. That is very important especially during road trips.

• Yubert's Profile Photo

There's no restaurant's here. ...

by Yubert Written Oct 4, 2002

There's no restaurant's here. You have to cook your own food so bring whatever you like to eat.

Favorite Dish: It was cold out here during the winter months so for me, hot foods tasted the best.

Instant Answers: Mojave

Comments

Mojave Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mojave restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mojave sightseeing.