Know about this? Rate It!
Dennis the Menace Park
This park was designed by the creator of Dennis the Menace. It has a real locomotive train engine, large slides, a living maze, tunnels, and original "play structures" to climb on, a rope bridge, hedge maze, sand and grassy areas – toddlers won't want to leave. I took my kids there often.
Open daily 10 a.m. to dusk, summer supervision. Closed on non-holiday Mondays November - May.
on Pearl Street
- Budget Travel
- Family Travel
Breathtaking Point Lobos!
Spend a day, or at least half a day, at Point Lobos State Reserve, which will rival any area along the central California coast for breathtaking beauty. There's several miles of trails you can hike with incredible views, and some places to have a picnic as well. Often times there's a ranger to answer questions and sell postcards and such. Take a coat, or wear several layers of clothing -- I about froze during my last walk there during the summer. Great for children (watch them along the cliffs, though), and you can usually spot sea animals along the south side of the reserve. Take Hwy One a few miles south of Carmel, there's a sign. Last time I went it cost $7 -- well worth every penny.
Big Sur State Park - Make sure...
Big Sur State Park - Make sure you check out this area. The hiking here is great. There are beautiful waterfalls to visit. You can find this area right off of the 101 Freeway about 20 miles outside of Carmel. This is a picture of Pfieffer Falls at Big Sur.
Ventana Wilderness - South of...
Ventana Wilderness - South of Monterey before Big Sur are a couple of turnoffs into the Ventana Wilderness. There is great hiking and also a few stands of Redwoods.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Monterey Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tetlin Junction Hotels
- Harare Hotels
- Corpus Christi
- Bakirkoy Hotels
- Kota Kinabalu
- Apple River Canyon State Park Hotels
- Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Orlando Off The Beaten Path
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Iowa Off The Beaten Path
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Cleveland Off The Beaten Path
- Bangalore Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Bend Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path