Know about this?
Nature is beautiful and fun, but be careful among some of the birds in Monterey. The area around the bay is home to more Seagulls than you can begin to count. They tend to be loud and can be aggressive if provoked (don’t tease them). Don’t be surprised if you find your car has become their latrine. Keep an eye out overhead for shells they may drop (on you). A good rule o thumb, in any seaside location really, is to just keep a safe distance between you and the gulls.
Watch out for the birds
My poor brother got attacked by a black bird after getting a haircut. He was never the same after that....he just peers out the window now, and is reluctant to go out. Lord, help him.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Monterey Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Mount Meridian Hotels
- Bukit Fraser
- Balangoda Hotels
- Asheville Hotels
- Or Yehuda Hotels
- Johor Bahru Warnings and Dangers
- Hat Yai Warnings and Dangers
- Cameron Highlands Warnings and Dangers
- Pulau Batam Warnings and Dangers
- Jaipur Warnings and Dangers
- Nepal Warnings and Dangers
- Areas to Avoid / Crime
- Izmir Warnings and Dangers
- Benidorm Warnings and Dangers
- Casablanca Warnings and Dangers
- India Warnings and Dangers
- Sorrento Warnings and Dangers