Know about this?
Nature is beautiful and fun, but be careful among some of the birds in Monterey. The area around the bay is home to more Seagulls than you can begin to count. They tend to be loud and can be aggressive if provoked (don’t tease them). Don’t be surprised if you find your car has become their latrine. Keep an eye out overhead for shells they may drop (on you). A good rule o thumb, in any seaside location really, is to just keep a safe distance between you and the gulls.
Watch out for the birds
My poor brother got attacked by a black bird after getting a haircut. He was never the same after that....he just peers out the window now, and is reluctant to go out. Lord, help him.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Monterey Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Personal Safety
- Surabaya Warnings and Dangers
- Selcuk Warnings and Dangers
- Northern Thailand Warnings and Dangers
- Greenland Warnings and Dangers
- Nuwara Eliya Warnings and Dangers
- Étretat Warnings and Dangers
- Mainz Warnings and Dangers
- Thessaloniki Warnings and Dangers
- Suriname Warnings and Dangers
- New Smyrna Beach Warnings and Dangers