Morgan Hill Warnings and Dangers

Tick - Henry W. Coe State Park

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Morgan Hill

Mountain Lion in Henry W. Coe State Park

by gubbi1 Updated May 29, 2007

The area is mountain lions territory. Do not hike alone and take care of kids, if you have some with you. Having seen the grass I guess it is hard to realize them in time. The park suggests not to run away nor to bend, nor to show your back. Be loud and try to appear larger as you are. Thats why it is an advantage to be more than one person. We asked the person at the parking about the mountain lion. He said, he hasn't seen one yet, but I just want to mention it.
    Unfortunately we haven't seen one as well.

Seems that there are people not realizing how proud they can be about having such an animal in their environment. Fortunately other care about it! See the link below (I took the photo from there) and support...

Mountain Lion, Henry W. Coe State Park
    • Photography

Rattlesnakes in Henry W. Coe State Park

by gubbi1 Written May 29, 2007

There are snakes in the area, including the rattle snake, which is the only snake with poison here. So take care, as they from time to time cross the paths. We saw two snakes, but none was a rattle snake. The day we have been there, they caught one on the camp site.

I took the picture from
    CalPhotos! Let me know if it is a problem!

Rattlesnake, Henry W. Coe State Park
    • Eco-Tourism

Ticks, lots of them!

by gubbi1 Updated May 29, 2007

You will encounter lots of ticks, which are nasty as they try to climb on you. My colleagues found three of them each moving on their body (I was lucky and stayed clean) and we saw many waiting on grass to be picked up. Luckily they are much bigger than in Europe and more easily recognized. Anyway, it takes days until you stop checking all the time.

If you are unlucky, ask a doctor! To remove them I found this on the web:
    Removing ticks 1
    Removing ticks 2

Tick - Henry W. Coe State Park

Instant Answers: Morgan Hill

Comments

Morgan Hill Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Morgan Hill warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Morgan Hill sightseeing.