Morro Bay Shopping

• Shopping
    by Yaqui
    Shops all along the bays edge!
  • Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Morro Bay

Tropicana Nursery: Some unique items

by Yaqui Updated Oct 24, 2007

We walked all around this area looking at just about everything. We ended up at this place and I found the most unique item I was looking for my little front garden. This huge birdbath, which is so unique to even this day. As it turns out, it was friggin heavy. My hubby thought...no problem....then once he picked it up he was like yikes...lol! We managed to get it into our trunk as it lowered ever so slightly...lol! It look rather like a low rider Honda after that. We had to put our suitcases in the back seat on the way home, good thing we didn't have kids yet:-) Never the less, this garden store had some really neat items to wonder around and look at such as:

Garden Centers, Pottery, Nurseries-Plants, Trees (Wholesale), Home Accessories & Furnishings, Plants, Trees, Flowers & Seeds

What to buy: Huge bird bath! My cats love it!

What to pay: Too much...ha!

De Winkel Shoes and Gifts: Collectables

by Yaqui Written Oct 23, 2007

This little shop has some really neat selection of Harbour Lights limited edition lighthouse sculptures . I am not into collecting these, but I bought one for one of my friends as a gift. I remember in spending so much time in here looking at all the different ones. They sells other gift items too. Not a big store if I recall, but a little jewel to explore.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

The Shell Shop: Cannot have too many sea shells:-)

by Yaqui Written Oct 23, 2007

I'd have to say this is a very unique shop. If you love sea shells and don't feel like stepping on one to find it, then this is the place for you. I know I enjoyed it. I bought some really lovely shells of all sorts. I used them to decorate my boys bathroom and used them as a teaching tool. Lots to see here.

Marina Square: A unique blend of shops

by Yaqui Updated Oct 23, 2007

Shops all along the bays edge!

Marina Square is a shopping area located along Embarcadero Street and features fine art, jewelry, bookstore, gifts, men's and women's clothing, children's clothing, Native American items, Christmas store and much more. It is within walking distance of many of the local hotels and Inns. There many places to eat also along here.

• keida84's Profile Photo

Southern Port Traders: You can buy the Witch Doctor, no kidding!

by keida84 Updated Jul 9, 2007

Welcome to Southern  Port Traders

This is one of the most eclectic shop in the Embarcadero area. Truthfully we passed it several times but did not go in. Somehow we decided "ok let's check this out" and wow were we ever glad we did. This was the best shop we came upon that evening. All thre of us purchased something memorable from it. It is chock full of imports from all over the world. I love the "witch doctor" they have on display outside.

What to buy: Kris found some Budhist prayer flags which she really liked a lot. I found a beautiful moonstone ring set in silver. Moonstones are popular in the area as Morro Bay is not that far from Cambria's famous Moonstone Beach. Sally found a beautiful amythest ring also set in silver.

I would like to also mention they have a huge selection of clothing and sandals aas well as local craft works. You could spend a lot of time browsing in there.

What to pay: Very very reasonable prices here. I paid $30 for my ring as did Sally. We both have worn our rings quite often and our fingers have not turned green so this is a good sign of quality materials. Kris paid a sum of $5 for her flags and she was quite happy with them as well.

Instant Answers: Morro Bay

Comments

Morro Bay Shopping

Reviews and photos of Morro Bay shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Morro Bay sightseeing.