Mountain View Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Mountain View

• matt999tye's Profile Photo

Asian: Asian Food

by matt999tye Written Apr 26, 2007

A sizable asian population gives Mountain View a wealth of delicious food. I have been to many of the following restaraunts and all were top notch!!!

Chinese

Sushi Tei
    Sushitomi
    Tsunami Sushi
    Yakko

a great website for restaraunt locations

• Pkaygrier's Profile Photo

La Fiesta: Mexican Food and Margaritas, Oh My!

by Pkaygrier Updated Dec 23, 2006

This place does it right. Most importantly, the margaritas are as they should be. I don't know if they even let Jose Cuevo in the door. With a hugh variety of tequilas, why consume the rotgut that most people settle for when they order this nectar? At La Fiesta, they will either serve one of their incredible mixtures, or they will fix you up with my favorite classic, a simple concoction of tequila, triple sec and a half a lime. Whatever you order, you can be assured that the guys behind the counter will get it right.

If you can find a table, your food will not dissappoint. I love the soups, but am always happy with whatever I try. I stay away from their crispy tacos because their shells are not made in house, but are those pre-formed things that taste like cardboard. Ditto for the tostada shells and their chips are nothing to write home about. But if you try one of the specials, you should be pleased. These recipes are brought from Mexico and are the real thing. These specials are why this place is always packed on Friday and Saturday nights. Note that the owners of this restaurant is reportedly from a family who have started several excellent Mexican restaurants in Mountain View and Palo Alto. La Fiesta is our favorite, but each one will care of you well.

Favorite Dish: We go for the margaritas and the tequila selection. These people get it. Good tequila is good stuff.

• Luxury Travel
    • Singles

• Mark_12's Profile Photo

Da Kitchen: Authentic Hawaiian Food and Service

by Mark_12 Updated Mar 15, 2006

Having grown up in Hawai'i, I found that the food at Da Kitchen is as good as the food in the islands and a step above anything else I've sampled in the bay area. I guess this tip is for the folks who want an island experience but just weren't able to make it all the way to Hawai'i.

The food is great and the service is awesome. I think theHawai'i-style, easy-going but attentive, service is what really differentiates this place). If you're thinking about going, call to check on the hours because this seems like it may be more of a lunch place. Although some of the menu items overalap with the Hawaiian BBQ or Drive-in style places, Da Kitchen is a sit-down place and the food is generally superior.

Favorite Dish: Kalua pig special or any mixed plate special are my favorites. The short ribs (Kal-bi) and teri beef are also pretty good. The plate lunches all come with the requisite 2 scoops of rice and macaroni salad. Plate lunch portions are big! You pay a bit more but you get your money's worth.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Fiesta Del Mar: Let's have a Sea Party

by Callavetta Updated Jul 31, 2005
    Jill's enjoying lunch at Sea Party

There is certainly no paucity of Mexican Restaurants in the Bay Area, and diverse dining opportunities in general abound. But when I want to eat somewhere that feels comfy like "home", I head to Fiesta Del Mar (or "Sea Party" as we affectionately call it in our house).

Decidedly casual, "Sea Party" is all about bright colors and friendly environment. The staff has been in place for as long as I've been coming here. It's comfortable to pop in after a bike ride at Shoreline Park, or on a casual date or dinner meeting with a friend. Lunch after a matinee on the weekend has become a regular for us. The waitstaff treats us like old friends and is always attentive without intruding.

Favorite Dish: While you can get nearly any of your typical Mexican dishes here, it's the seafood selections that keep bringing me back. My favorite is the Camarones ala Diabla. A menu selection with three chilis, be forewarned that this is a spicey dish! The giant shrimp are succulant and fresh. Fish tacos are another favorite. Big chunks of swordfish with lettuce and cheese in two hot corn tortillas are simple and delicious. The fish soup is a medly of fresh goodies. And the shrimp quesadillas use the plumpest of bay shrimp. Sometimes I'll order the tortilla soup, tomato-y, rich and spicy with chicken, corn and chilis, and make a rare departure from my seafood selections.

Then there are the margaritas! Fiesta Del Mar has an entire menu of tequila choices and margarita varieties. I always have a house margarita, on the rocks with no salt. Caution: Camarones ala Diabla can lead to over indulging in these babies!

Oh my.... I need to see what movies are playing today. I'm in the mood for a Sea Party!

• My favorite restaurant is...

by johsie_wells Written Oct 5, 2002

My favorite restaurant is Taqueria Los Altos they have good tasting for at very low and afortable prices.
    There prices are very afortable and the services is fast and the best quality of food you will see in most of the city.

Favorite Dish: My favorite plate is the chicken flautas, topped with beans, rice, and a small salad on the side. You will lick your fingers and this is no joke.

Instant Answers: Mountain View

Comments

Mountain View Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mountain View restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mountain View sightseeing.

View all Mountain View hotels