Napa Restaurants

• Restaurants
  • Roasted Pork Shoulder with brussel sprouts
    Roasted Pork Shoulder with brussel...
    Beef Bourguignon

Most Recent Restaurants in Napa

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Black Bear Diner: Good Breakfast!

by GracesTrips Written Jul 18, 2013

We were on our way home and decided to have some breakfast before heading down the road. This turned out to be a great option. Breakfast was delicious. I ordered the California bacon eggs benedict with tomato, avocado and Hollandaise sauce. Served with fresh fruit and potatoes. I told them to leave the potatoes off. I'm trying not to eat too much sugar or carbs since my blood sugar is higher than normal. My boyfriend ordered the vegetarian omelet. Everything was very good. Especially, the fresh squeezed orange juice!

Napa General Store: Breakfast Place

by GracesTrips Written Jul 18, 2013

When we are on vacation, we like to have breakfast. With so much information on the internet, it's easy to find our choices and what people thought (reviewed) about their experience. Unfortunately, there are more bad reviews than good reviews. This place had some good reviews so we decided to check it out. We had a very nice breakfast. I ordered the eggs benedict (available on weekends only) and instead of potatoes they served me sliced tomatoes (perfect). My boyfriend ordered an omelet and he did have the potatoes. They were fresh red rose roasted potatoes (not frozen like most places serve). I also enjoyed the fresh squeezed orange juice. Liked it a lot! Dine inside the store or outdoor on the patio. Located at the Riverfront.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen: Duck Burger! Do I need to say more?

by GracesTrips Written Jul 18, 2013

Friend's of ours had lunch here on Saturday and said the duck burger was awesome. So, on Sunday, we decided to stop and have the duck burger. It comes with french fries but for a small fee you can opt to have the polenta fries instead. The polenta fries were okay. I think the burger would have been better with regular fries. But, the Chinese duck burger....was amazingly good! It was not ground duck. It was chunkier and meaty with a ***ake mushroom ketchup! Since my boyfriend and I were not particularly hungry, we shared the burger. It was plenty, even for the two of us. Now, I'm curious what other items on the menu are fantastic as well. Located in St. Helena one street east of Highway 29.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Angele Restaurant & Bar: Gourmet at it's Best!

by GracesTrips Updated Jul 18, 2013

Pork Belly Appetizer

Words cannot describe what a wonderful dining experience we had but I will try. Located at the Riverfront, we sat next to a window with a slight view of the river. We had brought our own wine and there was a corkage fee. We started with sharing an appetizer, Veche de Pork. Pork belly on top of savoy cabbage, pink lady apples with a truffled walnut vinaigrette. The flavors were subtle and cohesive. Just great! For our entrees, I ordered the duck breast served with Savoy cabbage, kumquats and various vegetables. It was delicious! My boyfriend ordered the Trio de Veau which was braised veal cheek, roasted veal loin and smoked veal tongue and kohlrabi. Amazing dish. The veal cheek just melts away in your mouth. And, last but not least, we shared Gateau aux Chocolat -
    warm, bittersweet chocolate almond cake with bourbon crème anglaise. A perfect dinner! Service was great. No interruptions. Ambiance was very comfortable.

Bouchon Bakery: World Famous Bakery

by GracesTrips Written Jul 18, 2013

I can't give much of an opinion because I didn't want to stand in line. But, thought it was worth posting the pic I took and how popular this place is. Thomas Keller, the chef and mastermind of the French Laundry (3 star Michelin Guide for two restaurants), Bouchon franchise and Per Se (3 star Michelin Guide Rating). I own two of his cook books and would love to afford dining at the French Laundry. However, it may not happen until I win the lottery.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Bistro Jeanty: Fine French Food! My friend, Alan's, Favorite!

by GracesTrips Updated Jul 16, 2013

Absolutely a great experience! Located in the heart of Yountville. You MUST make reservations because this place is busy. We went with six people and everyone was more than satisfied with their meals. The steak tartare could feed 4-6 people easily. It was well seasoned and fresh. The roasted pork shoulder I ordered just melted in your mouth. My boyfriend ordered the beef bourguignon with long strands of egg noodles, a classic French dish. Our friends ordered the seared scallops, Coq au Vin and Cod filet. Our waiter was very good accommodating our needs and never interrupting our conversations. We had a wonderful evening.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Celadon: Could be the best meal of our trip!

by blueskyjohn Updated May 4, 2013

From the wonderful entrance, I knew we were in for a delightful evening. Enter from the street through a courtyard with climbing ivy. There are two dining areas, one is a covered outdoor area complete with a fireplace and the other is indoor. Another place that was difficult to get a reservation and we had to settle for a late seating of 9:00pm. Although it was a late the seating the wait staff was still very pleasant and attentive.

We started with an appetizer of the flash fried calamari with a spicy chipotle chili glaze and pickled ginger. It was so good we wanted to get another order of it but being so late and still the main course to came, we just agreed we will definitely return just for this dish.

For the main courses we had the Honey-glazed pork porterhouse, homemade gnocchi, braised kale, caramelized shallot jus and the Moroccan inspired braised lamb shank with golden raisin and toasted almond couscous. Now I've been to Morocco and I can tell you when I was there I never had anything this good, lol. Both dishes were amazing!

Given the late hour and the delicious meal that filled us up we couldn't do dessert. But we will next visit!

Highly recommend and call well in advance if you want an earlier seating.

Favorite Dish: The Calamari and Moroccan Lamb were great. I hope they keep these items on the menu!

Sweetie Pies: Love this place for dessert

by blueskyjohn Updated May 4, 2013

We walked by this place and it was interesting enough to stop in and check things out. They have a great display of assorted cakes and baked goods but also serve lunch items such as sandwiches that look tasty as well. I spotted this chocolate cake that I had to try a piece of. It was a Peanut butter Cheesecake covered in chocolate. It was very good!

Will definitely return to this place to sample the lunch menu next time.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Bounty Hunter Wine Bar: Great BBQ Sandwiches!

by blueskyjohn Updated May 4, 2013

This is a nice little bar with high ceilings and stool type tables right on the river front. We stopped in for lunch and glad we did. We had the Pulled Pork sandwich which is their best seller and the Shredded Beer Can chicken sandwich, which is pulled chicken with their homemade chipolte sauce. They also make suggestions on pairing wine with your meal and listed on the menu.

Both sandwiches were very good and a great place to catch lunch because it is in the center of downtown near all the shopping and river walk.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Grace's Table: Very Disappointing!

by blueskyjohn Updated May 4, 2013

We heard some good things about this restaurant but we could barely find one thing that was a high point. Well, the appetizer was fine but a very small portion. I had the Argentine Empanada. It was tasty but you only get one.

The wait staff seemed a little clueless about the menu and very distracted to the table next to us of a group of women celebrating an event. It appeared he wanted to be part of the drinking that serving any body.

For our main courses we had the Hanger Steak Frites and a special Frogmore Prawns. First, when the shrimp dish was served, every shrimp had not been cleaned and the veins were still in. The Hanger Steak lacked any flavor at all and was very tough. We told the waiter who didn't seem very apologetic. He returned the shrimp dish to the kitchen.

After some time, the head chef brought out the shrimp dish and apologized. He also asked about my steak and I explained the lack of flavor and toughness. Basically his response was "well it's hanger steak" So I asked why would you put a flavorless tough steak on your menu (I was pissed!). His only response was he could make me another steak. I declined.

As you can see from the photos, the shrimp dish had huge pieces of corn cob that was difficult to eat. Also, I asked for steak sauce to liven up the Hanger steak and they didn't have any.

To top off everything, this hanger steak is served with french fries and that's it. All for $21usd! And furthermore, no offer of discount for the veins in the shrimp and having to wait for another dish to be made.

I cannot recommend this place at all.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RUTHERFORD GRILL: Local wine country favorite

by travelgourmet Updated Jan 11, 2013

This restaurant is in the center of Napa Valley and is a great place for lunch on a full day tour of the Napa Valley. See some wineries going up Hwy 29 from Napa to Rutherford, stop for lunch right off the Hwy at the Grill, and continue on your wine tasting journey from Rutherford to Calistoga.

Lots of tables inside and outside for you to rest your feet but not your palate. Not to mislead, but if you fancy bread, then the famous Cornbread in the Skillet must be ordered, no matter what else you have. Cheeseburger to Prime Rib, slow roasted over a hardwood firestone oven, is on the menu to enjoy.

Favorite Dish: The Cornbread in the Skillet was great. No wonder they claim it to be famous. The recipe in secret, but the main ingredient is, of course, cornbread mix. Add jalapeno peppers and other goodies I can't quite name, but it still all adds up to yummy!

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Gott’s Roadside was Taylor's Automatic Refresher: THE BEST HAMBURGER IN THE WEST

by travelgourmet Updated Jan 11, 2013

QUICK, GET IN LINE

This was the home of Taylor's Refresher and due to a family problem it is now called Gott's Roadside. The food remains the same with a lot more items to choose among.

As written when it was Taylor's Refresher: Tired of looking for a place to eat in Napa Valley that won't max out your credit card. Well, this is the home of good American food at great prices. Yes, I am talking about hamburgers, but not just a hamburger. Taylor's "use only humanely raised Niman Ranch beef, all natural, vegetarian fed, no antibiotics or added growth hormones". Their own words to be exact.
    Besides a variety of hamburgers, salads, chicken, and fish dishes are on the menu. But, beware, this is a hamburger lover's home. Walk up ordering, so don't be bashful or snobby, just wait in line for your turn and order away. Pick up window and a beer/wine bar are on the picnic style grounds of tables and benches to enjoy your meal. Two locations now to serve you the best hamburger you will ever taste. One is in St. Helena at 933 Main Street and the newer location in Napa at the Oxbow Public Market located at 644 First Street.

Favorite Dish: The plain and simple hamburger with an order of beer battered onion rings. The bun alone is so tasty and it doesn't break down. As for the onion rings, they do have a challenge from the garlic fries. Order both and split them with someone. Of course, I also tried the sweet potato fries. They are all winners. I'm getting hungry just writing about the fries.

Italian Market: Italian Marketplace of V. Satui Winery

by machomikemd Updated Apr 21, 2012
    wow

The Italian Market Place in V. Sattui Winery is fulle of assorted European Cheeses (free tasting), Assorted Pastas, Antipasti, Risotto, Delicatessen, Parma Ham, Prosciutto, Italian Pizzas like the Margharita or Napoleonese, assorted Spaghetti and Linguini and more. You can buy them to go or eat them right on the picnic grounds on the Premises (the picnic area is free for guests but you are not allowed to bring your own food), it is located right next to the Wine Tasting Room.

The V. Sattui Winery, just beside the Saint Helena Highway is a destination by itself. This wine store, Italian market place and mini foot stall cum wine tasting and souvernir store plus picnic garden and wedding destination, is a brainchild of the 5th generation vitner Dario Sattui (he also owns the bigger Castello Di Amorosa in Calistoga, a few miles north of the V. Sattui Winery, see my tips there). This is easily one of the more popular destinations in the whole Napa Valler Area since it is packed full of people everyday. This winery even surpasses the main wine making and the Italian Style Castle of Dario Sattui's Castello DI Amorosa, where all of the wines sold in V. Sattui Winery comes from, plus where most of the grapes are harvested.

Opens: 9:00 am to 5 pm everyday

Favorite Dish: Assorted Cheeses like the buffala di mozzarella or brie or camembert or the ricola or parmesan and more are $ 4 for a slice and $ 15 for a big roll. Pastas like lasagna and spaghetti or carbonara costs $ 12 or more. Assorted Pizza's cost $ 4.50 a slice. delicatessen like bologna or Mortadella at $ 10.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Wine Spectator Restaurant: Wonderful Food by Budding Chefs (part 2)

by machomikemd Written Jan 13, 2012
    tri tip steak

Part Two of my Wine Spectator Restaurant Tips with more pictures.

This will be a two part tip with more pictures of the centerpiece attraction of the CCA at Greystone, which is the Wine Spectator Restaurant. ok, the place is expensive but remember the saying "You Get What You pay For" and as everyone knows, I'm not the type who scrimps on food hence having a late lunch here at the Restaurant.

The Wine Spectator Restaurant is where the Budding Chefs of the CCIA at Greystone parade their Culinary skills of which the menu are changed every week so that every aspiring chef will have his 15 minutes of fame at the restaurant. the outstanding meals will be returned a few times while the not so popular are quickly replaced after a week. You can sit Al fresco outside to see the rolling hills and the endless vistas of Fields of Grapes or dine inside to see the wonderful ambiance.

Favorite Dish: An average dish will cost $ 20 to 30 depending if it is a meat or sea food dish, salads at $ 18 and above and the appetizer breads with dips at $ 10 for a small order. the serving here are not large but the food is awesome!!! A Glass of wine will cost $ 12 and a bottle will be at $ 35 and above, they have an extensive collection of various wines grown across the region.

Opens: Daily: 11:15am - 9:00pm but at to 10 PM on Saturdays

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Wine Spectator Restaurant: Wonderful Food by Budding Chefs (part 1)

by machomikemd Written Jan 13, 2012
    inside

Opens: Daily: 11:15am - 9:00pm but at to 10 PM on Saturdays

Instant Answers: Napa

Comments

Napa Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Napa restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Napa sightseeing.