Napa Opera House, Napa
Opened in 1880, The Napa Opera House is Napa's main historical attraction. In its early years it hosted vaudeville performances as well as notable persons such as Jack London. The theater closed in 1914, and the building was put into other use as it slowly deteriorated, with plans surfacing for demolition in the 1960s. Finally in 1973 the theater was placed on the National Register of Historic Places, and it was thoroughly restored in 1997. The theater reopened in 2002, 88 years after its last show. Today the Napa Opera House seats 500 and has several shows each month.