Vine Cliff, Napa

7400 Silverado Trail 707-944-1364

• Vine Cliff

by RblWthACoz Updated Jan 5, 2006

Any place you have to dial in on a keypad to get in the closed gate is probably going to be good. That's what I thought when I first pulled up to Vine Cliff Winery. Then when I walked inside, I knew that whatever they were going to charge me for the tasting...I was going to pay it because I knew it was going to be good.

The setup is gorgeous, and very romantic. Upon first walking into the building on the grounds, your senses are flooded with the scents of wooden barrels, nurturing the wine that will be tasted in several more years (when you come back again). The decor is not showy or overdone. They want the wine to speak for itself. And speak it does. You start off by tasting one wine, and then the guide grabs a basket with 4 bottles inside and tells you to take a walk with him. You go outside and sit by a small pond, taste wine, and just chat about whatever. It is a great setting with some beautiful wines. I'd go back here anytime with anyone I know.

The tasting fee is $20 per person which is waived if you purchase $100 of wine (which I did).

Tours and tastings are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. So call ahead of time.

Instant Answers: Napa

Comments

Hotels Near Vine Cliff
98 Opinions