Novato Nightlife

Best Rated Nightlife in Novato

The Viking Lounge: A dive bar to visit

by jessicadf Written Jun 17, 2004

This bar is oddly placed, on Redwood Boulevard, near the corner of Grant Avenue. Yes, it's downtown. But it looks so odd from the outside. Grey painted cinderblocks with some darkened windows to look out on the commuter traffic.

Go inside and see paintings of viking boats, vikings, a couple pool tables, the lights for live music, but no live music... Two tvs at the bar, one on either end. Last visit, one was showing a baseball game and the other was tuned to the Food Network, showing a cooking show. it's a big bar, but... it's just got an odd feel.

The patrons feel like most of them are regulars, but I'll say that they were really all very nice. One woman said that it's mostly couples that go there, and it's not a pick-up spot. So she likes it because she can be relaxed.

I'll say this much: Two draft beers and one cocktail of vodka, 7-up and a splash of cranberry juice cost $10.25, which was a great price. And the cocktail was STRONG. I had two and was DRUNK -- which is not normally the case. A good place for hard drinkers. :-D

Dress Code: Casual

Bit-a-Honey: The "hip" bar -- ick

by jessicadf Written Jun 17, 2004

I suppose this is the "hip" bar to visit in Novato. But I can't help but have an aversion to it. While it's got the nicest interior of lots of hard wood, there's something about it that I just don't like. Too snotty. Too fern-bar. Too... I don't know. But it's been a long time since I went to "The Bit," so I suppose it's time to go back and give it another chance.

I'll take pictures. ;-)

Dress Code: Casual

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

There are a few bars in Novato...

by jessicadf Written Oct 4, 2002

There are a few bars in Novato -- one with live music (that I know of). I'll just mention the one with music: Mancuso's. It's a down-home place, in a shopping center, next to the town post office. Sometimes they've got pretty good live music, and hey -- it's much closer than going to San Francisco for the locals!

Dress Code: Casual.

Instant Answers: Novato

Comments

Novato Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Novato nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Novato sightseeing.