Oakhurst Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Oakhurst

• Africancrab's Profile Photo

Pizza Factory: Pizza

by Africancrab Updated May 15, 2013

Well, we ordered pizza at the Pizza Factory because we saw a billboard ad saying it is the best pizza in town. Turns out it was the worst I have ever had. It looked fairly busy, so I presume someone else liked it, but for anyone who has had pizza before, the ones here fail miserably in comparison.

That aside, the price is outrageous, perhaps no one has complained before. Initially I thought it was just me, but them both my husband and daughter were disgusted. This spoke volumes because my husband will normally eat just about any pizza.

We had custom ordered it, asking for a large pizza with pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, green pepper and tomatoes. Well they made as requested, but put way too much tomatoes, to many pepperoni pieces, and the dough was much too thick. The pieces fell apart as we took individual slices, more like the dough did not get cooked.

We each tried a piece and none of us finished their pieces. I regret not taking a picture of it. It was a waste of $28

Plus it was way too expensive to not taste good.

• Africancrab's Profile Photo

Starbucks: Tea & Coffee

by Africancrab Written May 15, 2013

Interior of Starbucks

For our morning and evening tea, we were happy to go to the Starbucks. We got tea, coffee and some pastries; well banana bread, lemon pound cake and blueberry scones.

Great indoor and outdoor seats available.

• National/State Park

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Erna's Elderberry House: GOURMET IN THE GOLD COUNTRY

by travelgourmet Updated Jan 24, 2010

Erna's Elderberry House

That ,"okay, let's give it a try", or , "hey, I have done it before, let's go again", or even, "I can't wait to go there" but perhaps the best, "oh, yes, I must go there" describes the words on one's lips in reply to the question; "Dinner at Erna's".

This is a one menu per night of elegant dining at it's best. Executive Chef James Overbaugh with Chef de Cuisine Karsten Hart plan and prepare a gourmet menu for each evening for Erna Kubin-Clanin's renown Erna's Elderberry House. High in the hills of Oakhurst, the restaurant sits as a home waiting to please your senses, and your discerning palate.

Many will poo-poo the notion of fine dining and the cost, but unless you have tried Erna's Elderberry House for those magnificent dances of taste and aroma that surround your very soul, then hold your tongue till it can taste the difference of dining and fine dining. You may very well surrender to this style of dining and everyone should at least once, find out that what is good can be better.

Favorite Dish: The grilled apricot soup with St. Agur Cheese with a floating baked apricot with pistachios. "Soups on" was never more "on" or right. Pictures of the entire menu in my "Travelogue".

• orcoastgirl's Profile Photo

Erna's Elderberry House: Elegant Dining at Erna's Elderberry House

by orcoastgirl Written Feb 16, 2007

Dining Room at the Elderberry House

This is a 5 star dining restaurant offering gourmet food at a Fixed Price. The meal for one person is $92 and includes several different courses. The dining room is very pretty, there is a main room in the front of the restaurant and separate room with a fireplace that opens out into the gardens and grounds. This is a very nice place to celebrate a special occasion, they food is simply the best in the area.

Favorite Dish: All of the courses from the Fixed Price menu are excellent.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Oakhurst

Comments

Oakhurst Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Oakhurst restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oakhurst sightseeing.