Harbor / Beach, Oceanside

Know about this? Rate It!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Pedestrian Walkway Under Railroad Tracks

by Yaqui Updated Oct 25, 2010

Favorite thing: There is a really wonderful walkway that takes you safely from the beach area to the downtown area under the railroad tracks. They accented with some lovely art work and decorated the walkway with a nice paint scheme. Along the walkway they have planted some really beautiful garden. It is also handicap accessible. It is next to Pier View Way.

For more information:

• TinKan's Profile Photo

Sailing the world

by TinKan Updated May 9, 2004

Sailing the world

Favorite thing: I look at the sail boats and wonder when it will be my turn to sail the world.

There were sail boats from all over the world in the bay that day. I do not know if it is normal to have so many boats from other places or just the time of year.

Fondest memory: I liked looking around the marina of Oceanside.

• Luxury Travel

Oceanside, California 92054
    Main Phone +1 (760) 435-3065

Oceanside Chamber of Commerce:

• rebibi's Profile Photo

Well we did not see very much...

by rebibi Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Well we did not see very much of Oceanside, but we did meet Spartan and we really had great fun all together. Also my husband Remo and our friends Clara and Fritz did enjoy this evening very much.
    So if you get a chance to meet a fellow VT member just do it!
    Please visit spartan's Oceanside page for details on Oceanside !

Fondest memory: Our meeting with spartan

• Bettypine's Profile Photo

Oceanside, California has a...

by Bettypine Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Oceanside, California has a beautiful harbor that is filled with more than just moored boats. Several of its best restaurants sit near the water, with an ocean view of the boats coming and going along the harbor shores.With connecting boardwalks and sandy beaches you'll find surfers, campers, and fisherman, locals and tourists alike.
    The harbor also includes a motor home park, and small camp grounds, with firerings for those evening bonfires that stir the imagination as you get a glimpse of the stars through clear skies.
    I love taking walks in the early evening there, and stopping at the little ice cream shop for a treat. A couple small wooden fishing piers dot the boardwalk and you can stop to watch the sunset over the ocean as the last of the fishing boats amble in, and pelicans diving straight into the waters to bring up their supper. An awe inspiring place that I can't imagine it being any better any where else.

Fondest memory: Oceanside, California is the place I chose to raise my two sons. I knew that the wonderful climate, beautiful beaches, and all the activities such a place would have to offer would make for a lot of exciting times with my children. I wasn't wrong.
    With the ocean to surf and swim in, the mountains to camp at, and the climate to enjoy year round sports in, we have had a full and exciting life in Oceanside.
    In the winter we are only one hour away from snow that Mount Laguna gets and up we go to play in winter wonderland. If you want more snow, Big Bear is only a couple more hours away, and is world reknowned as an excellent place for skiing and snowboarding. Any time of the year there is Disneyland, Lego Land, and Magic Mountain, not to forget San Diego Zoo who has two Giant Pandas on loan from China, and with the first birth of their off spring makes it one of the top 5 places to visit.
    All of these places are within easy driving distance from Oceanside.

• L.Synclair's Profile Photo

Go to the Oceanside harbor....

by L.Synclair Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Go to the Oceanside harbor. Food, beach, boating, kayaking, all available. Great place to sit back and enjoy the scenic area.

Fondest memory: The clean sandy beaches, friendly people, and enjoyable atmosphere.

Instant Answers: Oceanside