Places to eat in Oceanside

Panca Peruvian Rotisserie
    by Basaic
  • Chronic House Roll & Ginger Devils House Roll
    Chronic House Roll & Ginger Devils House...
    by spartan
  • Restaurants
    by BLewJay

Most Viewed Restaurants in Oceanside

• spartan's Profile Photo

Wrench and Rodent SeabasstroPub: Yummy sushi

by spartan Written Mar 10, 2014

Oceanside is remaking itself into a destination spot for both locals and visitors alike. Places like The Wrench & Rodent SeabasstroPub add variety as well as a great foodie place in the North County. Food is good and the wait staff is attentive. Not a large restaurant by any means, but cozy and inviting. Definitely a location to visit and eat sushi if you are in the area.

Favorite Dish: I started of with an order of Shrimp Nigiri (cooked jumbo shrimp served with garlic cilantro butter over rice). For my next selection, I chose the Chronic House Roll (crab, spicy tuna & avocado wrapped in rice & nori, deep fried & finished off with spicy aioli & sweet & spicy citrus sauce). I also helped my friends finish of the Ginger Devils House Roll (shrimp tempura & spicy tuna topped with albacore, avocado and carmelized onion with roasted Anaheim chili sauce).

Chronic House Roll & Ginger Devils House Roll

That Boy Good (TBG): A Southern BBQ Joint

by BLewJay Updated Oct 21, 2013

We have been to this establishment a couple of times and the food is soooooooooooooo good!!! Made from scratch daily, delicious and will definitely satisfy your southern bbq cravngs. Service is very good as well as attentive, a wide menu selection and inviting atmosphere will bring you back.

Favorite Dish: We started off with the Cornmeal Crusted Delta Catfish Strips...delicate, tasty and finger licking good. For dinner, LJ likes to try the sides so she ordered Cole Slaw, Smoked Beans and Mac N Cheese while I had the BBQ Beef Links Sandwich with a side of Mac N Cheese. To wash this wonderful meal down, LJ ordered a Riverboat Rum Cocktail (rumba mix - Creme de Cacao, dark Rum, Grenadine mixed with pineapple and lemonade juices) while I had an Abita Amber Lager. For dessert, we ordered the Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich...OMG!!!

The Privateer Coal Fire Pizza: Delicious coal-fired pizza

by BLewJay Updated Sep 9, 2013

If you are looking for a restaurant that serves great food, has a lively atmosphere and friendly service, then this is the place to go. Our friends had told us about this place so we finally had the opporutnity to stop in for a visit. Friday evening, it was busy but the staff took care of us from the get-go and found a table for us within 10 minutes. Food was delicious, drinks were good and we will definitely go back.

Favorite Dish: For our appetizer we ordered the Roasted Corn with spicy sauce & Sweet Onion Chicken Wings. For dinner, LJ ordered the Red & White Pizza Pie (tomato, cream, parmesan reggiano) while I had the Fennel Sausage Pizza Pie (tomato, house-made fennel sausage, red bell pepper, red onion, fiordilatte mozzarella). To close out the evening, we shared the South O'Cheesecake (with raspberry and chocolate sauce) and Zeppole (fried pizza dough drizzled with strawberry and chocolate sauce).

On our most recent visit, we ordered The Captain Fin Pie (clam chowder, bacon, thinly-sliced potato, provolone) and the Privateer Salad Bowl (mixed greens, blue cheese, candied walnuts, dried cranberries, balsamic vinaigrette).

Beach Break Cafe: Great service - Great food - Great friends

by BLewJay Updated Jul 29, 2013

If you are looking for a place where the food is fantastic and the employees are friendly (as well as the owners), then this is the place for you. Depending on the time of day, you may have a bit of a wait, but it is definitely worth it.

Favorite Dish: So far, we've tried the Pancake Sandwich (scrambled eggs, 2 huge pancakes and sausage links), the Banana Nut Crunch French Toast (three huge pieces of toast, whipped cream and turkey sausage), the Caribbean Jerk Scramble (jerk chicken, red/green peppers, mushrooms, homestyle fries and coffee cake) and the Vegetarian Omelette (with spinach, zucchini, mushroom, bell pepper, onion, tomato, avocado as well as jack and cheddar cheeses).

Marieta's Fine Mexican Food: Delicious authentic mexican cuisine

by BLewJay Updated Apr 1, 2013

We have been to Marieta's many times, but this is the first time I'm writing about the restaurant...shame on me!!! We've always had a great experience at this restaurant, the food is delicious, servers are friendly and the drinks (especially the Cadillac Margarita) can knock you on your ass. Marieta's has a loyal clientele and is busy every day of the week so that can make parking a tricky issue. But believe me, its well worth the visit.

Favorite Dish: When you are seated, the waiter brings you fresh tortilla chips and salsa. For dinner, LJ had the Pescado al Mojo de Ajo (succulent halibut sautéed in garlic & butter, served with rice, sweet corn & the house salad). To wash it down, she also ordered a Piña Colada. I had the special of the day, Fresh Breaded Calamari Tacos (served with rice, sweet corn and beans). To wash my meal down, I had a Margarona...lol...delicious!!!

Fratelli's Italian Kitchen: Pizza is so good

by BLewJay Written Feb 11, 2013

Didn't have anything home to eat and we had to make a run to the pet store to pick up some dog food, so decided to finally stop in Fratelli's Italian Kitchen to see what it was all about. Busy and fun atmosphere with great service and delicious food.

Favorite Dish: Since LJ loves veggies and I love meat, we had large Pepperoni White Pie/Grilled Veggie Speciality Pizza (pepperoni, mozzarella, garlic, spinach, ricotta and parmesan, zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, green bell pepper, roasted garlic, mozzarella and fresh burrata).

Pepperoni White Pie/Grilled Veggie Speciality

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Panca Peruvian Rotisserie: Very Good Peruvian Food

by Basaic Written Dec 17, 2012

The décor was nothing to get excited about; but the workers were nice. Not sure if I had ever eaten Peruvian Food before. I enjoyed it. My Anticuchos (Beef on a stick with Peruvian Spices) was very good as were the Peruvian style side dishes. $9 as of November 2012.

Panca Peruvian Rotisserie

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

The Fish Joint: This is an awesome Sushi spot!!!

by BLewJay Updated May 21, 2012

We were looking for a local and healthy place to eat when se stumbled across The Fish Joint. We weren't even looking for this restaurant but decided to give it a try. What a great find!!!

Favorite Dish: We ordered a Cucumber salad which was delicious and then 4 handmade sushi rolls: two vegan - The Gilligan and Mango Rolls, and two seafood - Hogsbreath and Ranchero.

Hogsbreath Roll Mango Roll - Vegan Ranchero Roll Cucumber Salad The Gilligan - Vegan

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

The Longboarder Cafe: Two blocks from the Ocean!

by Yaqui Written Nov 5, 2011

A very popular local cafe with has some really good food, great service, and neat beachy decor. We opted to sit outside on the patio since it was such great weather. My family was really pleased with the food and the quantity. They were all full! A great place to eat, sit back, relax, and enjoy life.

Guahan Grill: Island fusion

by BLewJay Updated Jul 5, 2011

It's not just food, it's the lifestyle. They serve traditional & original island flavors and within every bite they hope to give you a taste of the serene island life.

Favorite Dish: For starters, we had the Shrimp Kelaguen (chunks of shrimp mixed with lemon, green onions and hot pepper and served with tortilla chips). For the meal, LJ had Guahan Noodles (Udon noodles stir-fried with one shrimp, broccoli, zucchini, onions, garlic and a sweet soy sauce & served over rice) while I had Chamorro Style Fried Ribs (Pork ribs soaked in their special marinade then deep fried and served with rice and potato salad).

Honey baby...Ummm, Ummm, Good

• GIGI'S Italian Eatery: Greatest Italian Restaurant Around

by lannid Updated Apr 4, 2011

I would like to begin by stating that my dining experience at GiGi's was absolutely wonderful.

The food was excellent, I'm talking about real authentic, and fresh tasting food. The service was excellent. The staff is very knowlegable about the cuisine and the italian culture. In fact most of them seemed to be italian.

The decor was very elegant and very clean looking. I felt very comfortable and safe.

Favorite Dish: I opted for the buffet, and there wasn;t a single item that I did not enjoy.
    The eggplant parmesan and Roasted Lamb Shanks were my two favorites..well actually you can probably add the lasagna to my list of favorites.

• Business Travel
    • Wine Tasting

Ohana Hawaiian BBQ: Bringing the Ohana spirit to the mainland

by BLewJay Updated Apr 4, 2011

Lately, there has been a big push for authentic Hawaiin food growing in Oceanside. That's a good thing because the food is truly delicious and after recently returing from Oahu, I miss it. So up pops Ohana Hawaiian BBQ...they have decided to bring local food and the 'plate lunch' to mainland USA. Originally from the town of Waimea on the Big Island Hawaii they know that people crave the food.

Favorite Dish: For dinner, LJ had the Seafood Platter (a great combination of fried shrimp and Mahi Mahi fillet along with 2 scoops of rice and 1 scoop of macaroni salad) while I had the Kalua Pork Plate (smoke-flavored succulent pork, 2 scoops of rice and 1 scoop of macaroni salad). Let me say that you get a lot of food for your money!!!

Hungry Hunter Steakhouse: A birthday surprise

by BLewJay Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant (as well as the corporation) prides itself in a commitment to hospitality, quality, service, and of course, steaks and prime rib.

This location provides patrons with an upscale, classic American steakhouse theme serving quality, award-winning choice steaks and prime ribs at great prices.

Favorite Dish: The evening started off with a surprise birthday gathering for LJ. I invited friends to dine with us and we had a blast. Now as for the meal, well it was delicious :-) You start off with warm bread and butter.

Then comes the entrée...ours included a Tableside Salad (lettuce, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, cheese, bacon, mushrooms, green onions and ranch dressing) where your salad was created at the table. For dinner, we both selected steaks...LJ had the 8 oz. Petite Prime Rib and I had the 12 oz. Standard Prime Rib (both came with Garlic Mashed Potatoes).

To wash this fine meal down, LJ had a glass of Woodbridge Merlot while I had a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. And finally for dessert, our guest surprised us with a delicious birthday cake...yummy!!!

Birthday surprise for LJ
    • Wine Tasting

• spartan's Profile Photo

Hunter Steakhouse: Not your ordinary steakhouse

by spartan Updated Apr 4, 2011

From its modest beginning with the Jolly Ox Restaurant in San Diego in 1967, Paragon Steakhouse Restaurants, Inc., has grown into one of the country's leading steakhouse operators. Paragon prides itself in a commitment to hospitality, quality, service, and of course, steaks and prime rib.

Favorite Dish: While Paragon's brands range from the upscale, classic American steakhouse to the more accessible sit-down dinner house, the company is best known for serving quality, award-winning choice steaks and prime ribs. The salads are prepared right at your table and service is impeccable. They also have coupons available all the time, so don't be afraid to take your date (or signficant other) and whip out that coupon...rofl

Bull Taco: Inauthentic Mexican

by BLewJay Updated Mar 22, 2011

A nice off the beaten path kind of place with good food and festive atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: We met up with friends and started with Chips & Salsa. For dinner we had Street Tacos...Shrimp, Lobster, Surf & Turf and Lobster Bacon & Chorizo (all served with cheddar, salsa, onions, cilantro and cabbage). To go with it, I had a CoCoNut Porter while LJ had a Bikini Blonde Lager (both from the Maui Brewing Company).

Oceanside Hotels

Best Western Oceanside Inn
Mission San Luis Rey Retreat
1 Review & Opinion

Instant Answers: Oceanside

Comments

Oceanside Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Oceanside locals.
Map of Oceanside