Oroville Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Oroville

Teriyaki Express: Large Portions, Cheap Prices

by briantravelman Written May 13, 2014

Teriyaki Express

This is the best Asian restaurant in town. It's supposed to be Japanese, but they serve a lot of Chinese food there, as well.
    I eat here often. This is the only restaurant in town, that's actually affordable. For about $5, you can get a large meal, that will fill you up.
    I always get the number 7, which is teriyaki chicken, with 2 egg rolls, and chow main. You can substitute chow main, for rice. They give you so much, that I always have half of it, left over.
    It's best to order the numbers, because if you just order food items, they will mess it up.
    Food is usually fresh. I've only had two or three instances, when it hasn't been fresh, and the portion was small, and that was when there was other staff working.

If you're looking for a large meal in Oroville, and don't want to spend a lot money, come here.

Unfortunately, there are no ATMs, and they no longer accept credit cards.

Favorite Dish: Number 7. Teriyaki chicken, with egg rolls, and chow main.

Lake View Restaurant: A Restaraunt, With A View

by briantravelman Updated Jan 20, 2014

Lake View Restaurant

In terms of food quality, this is one of the best restaurants in town. I would definitely rank it in the top 3. The king of Jordan even ate here in July 2010, during his motorcycle tour of America.
    Having lived in Kelly Ridge for over 9 years, I have witnessed this restaurant have it's ups and downs. The owner changed many times, and when the owner changed, so did the quality. There was a period where I didn't come here for a few years, because staff was rude, and food was and menu was bad. A few years ago, I decided to give it another chance, and I am glad I did. There is now a completely new owner, and staff, and I have started frequenting this restaurant again.
    The only thing I would really complain about is that the portions have shrunk, and the service. The staff has messed up my order on several occasions. This usually happens when I order take out. When I eat in, they tend to be more careful. And one time, I spent like 30 minutes deciding what to order, because they were out of chicken strips. Seriously, when a restaurant is out of food, you have a problem. The waitress said she'll be right back with me, but she didn't come back for 20 minutes. That's really the only bad experience I've had in this place.

I usually order cheeseburgers here, with fries, onion rings, or onion straws, but I've also had their fish and chips, teriyaki chicken sandwich, and Philly Cheese Steak (wouldn't recommend), but my favorite are still the burgers, and the grilled teriyaki chicken sandwich. I love their onion rings too, though when my friend ordered them, they sprinkled parmesan on the, but they never did that when I ordered them. Sometimes they give you the store bought onion rings, but they're still good. I've also been served store bought fish. And sometimes the fries aren’t seasoned, but it’s no biggy.

The restaurant is part of the Kelly Ridge Country Club, and has a beautiful view of Lake Oroville, and Table Mountain, and if you're lucky, you might get to watch some deer, while enjoying your meal. The only bad thing is, it's location. The location is really affecting business. The restaurant is just too far out of town, so most people aren't willing to drive such a long way to have a meal. That's why most of the customers are residents of Kelly Ridge.
    The restaurant earns most of its money by hosting events, such as weddings and parties. Most other times, business is slow.

NEW HOURS:
    Mon- Closed
    Tues-Thurs- 11-2 (lunch), 5-8 (dinner)
    Fri,Sat- 11-8
    Sun- 10-3

Favorite Dish: Western Burger with Onion Rings and Onion Straws.
    Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Sandwich. It has a pinnacle on it. Delicious and genius!

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Tong Fong Low: Something isn't right here...

by bpwarne Updated Jan 26, 2013

We had been told that the food at Tong Fong Low's was great and the portions large. Food was tasteless, could not rate it average even by any scale I know. Now, I've had Kung Pao Chicken before, many times and in many countries, including China. This did not look and it did not taste like any Kung Pao Chicken I've ever had, period. Patty had Tofu Vegetables which were in some kind of tasteless gravy which didn't come close to tasting like a Chinese dish and she too has traveled extensively including China.
    Service was slow, waitress was not friendly, a bit edgy. Place was very crowded, people even waiting in line to get in when we left. I am at a total loss as to what the attraction here is other than the portions are quite large. I'm not buying it though. Give me less food of a much better quality. I can't eat here again.

Favorite Dish: Well, it's not going to be the Kung Pao Chicken,

Boss Burger: Best Burgers In Town

by briantravelman Updated Dec 9, 2012

Boss Burger

I've visited a few burger joints around town and this one is still my favorite. I have been coming here for about 8 years, and it never dissapoints. I used to come here for the rootbeer shake, and the arcade, but their shakes aren't as good as they used to be, but their food is.
    I always order the same thing when I go, a bacon cheese burger, and small fries with nacho cheese dip. They have Small, Large, and Family Size. Unless you're really starving or have a big group, just order the small. The small fires are really like ordering a large in any other restaraunt, and I usually pay around 11 bucks for the whole meal (without the drink). A bit overpriced, but the large portion makes up for it. Just don't order the Big Boss, because one time they gave me one on accident and the meat was cut into 4 different pieces and was falling appart, and it was cooked weird. It was terrible, but the little boss is good.
    Service is usually good. I only got ripped off once. I payed for bacon, and didn't get any bacon, and sometimes they don't ask if I want it for here or to go.
    It also takes a while to get your food, but the wait is worth it. They used to have a bowl of free peanuts to munch on while you waited for your food, but now they don't. :(
    Try to avoid eating there during lunch hour, 11:30-1, as it gets crowded with high school students on their lunch break. Most other times of the day it's quiet.
    Also, there are no men working there, it's all hot girls, so if you're lucky, you might get a date, just leave your number in the tip jar. ;)

Favorite Dish: Little Boss with bacon and cheddar, and small fries with nacho cheese dip. I haven't tried anything else there.

Instant Answers: Oroville

Comments

Oroville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Oroville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oroville sightseeing.