Oxnard Restaurants

boat of bullets
    tuna of fire

Best Rated Restaurants in Oxnard

• keida84's Profile Photo

Little Tony's: Pasta al dente'

by keida84 Updated Feb 24, 2005

It is important when living in a military town to have good food at reasonable prices. Little Tony's restaurant is one of those places.

The dark out-of-the-way Italian restaurant with red leather booths and cloth napkins, has some of the tastiest Italian food in Ventura County.

Favorite Dish: I can tell you that just about everything on the menu is great but there are a few standouts.

I am a very picky eater and usually I will not eat restaurant lasagna but we happened to have a coupon and I tried it and it was delectable. The portion was quite large and that meant leftovers for the next day; the lasagna was twice as good.

Another thing to try is their green salad with the Italian dressing. I generally ask for some dressing on the side as it is so tasty; I like to dip my bread in it. And let's talk about their bread, actually rolls, which are hot, fresh and oh so good.

Their pizza is pretty good too. Not quite a thick crust, but a rich sourdough flavored crust. I don't know if the crust is actually sourdough but it's quite good.

The service is excellent and the prices are reasonable. When in town you should definitely give little Tony's a try..

• Business Travel

Big Daddy O's

by beaniezotzim Written Aug 17, 2004

There are four (I think) restaurants on Silverstrand beach... this is one of them... they serve sandwiches, fries, fried fish, and pretty plain salads. kind of your basic fried food place... with that said, the food here is pretty good. I don't have any complaints. Most of their sandwiches are served on steak-roll type bread (yummy) and with all the good stuff we like. the sandwiches are big, so are the sodas - its right there on the menu "big asss soda"

Favorite Dish: the veggi patty Sandwich. mmm

Pirates Grub n' Grog

by beaniezotzim Written Aug 17, 2004

This restaurant is a ordinary local type restaurant. the food isn't bad, its not particularly outstanding, but it satisfies the taste buds. they serve a lot of seafood here among other things, they have sandwiches, melts, and a few south of the border style dishes. in the day time there is a nice patio with tables and umbrellas to enjoy the sunshine, in the evening, it doubles as a bar, pool, darts, and a big screen tv. if you are looking for something simple and relaxing, thats not too hard on the pocket book, this is a pretty decent place to go.

Favorite Dish: quesadilla. if you get shrimp, tell em to go EASY on the shrimp, otherwise you can only taste shrimp.

Capistrano's

by beaniezotzim Written Aug 17, 2004

very very good food here.. this restaurant is located INSIDE of the embassy suites at mandalay beach. it is probably my favorite nice restaurant in Oxnard at the moment. A little bit more pricey that average, but you definately get what you pay for.. the quality of food is outstanding. the service is superior and the ambiance is nice and relaxing.

Favorite Dish: Lunch:
    1) Chinese Chicken Salad ( I don't eat chicken so I order this without the chicken and it is still fantastic)
    2) I have heard raves about the Chicken Walnut salad croissant, too.

Dinner:
    1) Crab Crusted Salmon in Lobster Bisque. (my tastebuds are watering right now)

Sea Fresh

by beaniezotzim Written Aug 17, 2004

This restaurant advertises Sushi... my husband and I ate the sushi here and were NOT satisfied with it. However, I have tried a few other items on the menu and have been very Satisfied with them. It has an outstanding view of the Marina, very pretty to go here for dinner and sit by a window to watch the lights bounce of the water in the harbor, there is also a harbor seal that hangs out near the small little docks here.

Favorite Dish: Clam chowder in a bread bowl
    fish and shrimp tacos

don't reccomment the Sushi (they may have gotten a new or better sushi chef since, but I am still wary) - I am very picky about my sushi.

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

Sea Fresh: Not-so-fresh

by kimberlyfisher1 Written Jun 3, 2009

the oysters rockafeller

Um, not much.

First off all the service is totally confusing...you order entrees at the counter, but drinks and appetizers at your table. On some days, it changes. Only drinks at the table, all food ordered at the counter.

The first time around tried a shrimp cocktail and a special of the house "Oysters Diablo".

The second visit, with recommendations from the waitstaff, tried the oysters rockefeller, boat of bullets (jalapeno stuffed with ahi tuna, cream cheese, and pineapple serve with dipping sauce) and Tuna on Fire.

All were practically inedible.

Didn't touch the bloody mary...it was one of the worst I have ever had.

The restaurant does have a great patio and view of the harbor...my suggestion: drinks.

• Adventure Travel
    • Festivals

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Sal's Mexican Inn: The Best Mexican Food in Oxnard!

by TravellerMel Updated Apr 4, 2011

I remember this place fondly, back in the days when Mr. Sal himself would stop by the table to make sure you were enjoying your meal. Mr. Sal is gone now, but his family remains true to his memory and vision. Sal's Mexican Inn always had (in my never-to-be-humble opinion) the best Mexican food in Oxnard. And in a town that has a predominately Mexican population, that is really saying something.

You always had to wait for a table, but never for too long. The place was noisy and festive, and the wait staff was always very friendly.

Favorite Dish: Sal's is the place where I was introduced to Huevos Rancheros, and I have loved them ever since. I also recall enjoying the Carnitas burrito very much, but you will enjoy pretty much anything you order.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Yolandas: orajle!

by HotSpotJ Written Mar 22, 2008

Yolandas

Yolandas is one of the more Americanizd Mexican restaurants as far as cuisine goes, but very good all the same. The menu is very familiar to me as this is what East Coast Mexican looks like! I had the Enchiladas and loved them, and as this is near where I worked I would stop in from time to time for a negra modelo and some chips and salsa. A good spot with great service and fun atmosphere, I would definately recommend it.

Favorite Dish: Love the negra modelo and the enchiladas

• keida84's Profile Photo

La Dolce Vita: In the heart of Oxnard

by keida84 Written Jul 11, 2007

What is so unique about this restaurant is its location. Right smack in downtown Oxnard in Heritage Square. Heritage Square has become a haven for historical homes that were slated for demolition. In 1985, the Oxnard Redevelopment Agency and several of Oxnard's notable families and investors combined forces and finances to save these turn-of-the century homes and historic structures, including a church, water tower, pump house and storehouse.

It all began with the Justin Petit house which was moved to the lot and restored by a Petit family descendant. Very soon thereafter more historical homes were moved from their original lots to Heritage Square. La Dolce Vita is housed in the McGrath home, a three-story, fifty-two-hundred-square-foot house built in1901 in the colonial revival style.

Downstairs there is a bar which seats 80 has a wonderful fireplace for chilly nights. You will find jazz and blues live music as well as TVs for every sport imaginable. The bar also offers Karaoke and Comedy Improv on select nights.

Catering for large parties such as wedding and special occasions is available and they offer personal chef services as well.

Favorite Dish: The food was excellent and well presented. We enjoyed foods that sounded familiar but were prepared in more of an updated form. The executive chef, Michelle Kenney has created a menu that will satisfy any palette.

We started with an Antipasto plate which consisted of meats, cheese, vegetables and gorgonzola cheese topped with a very light basil olive oil and balsamic vinegar reduction sauce. Then I had a grilled onion chowder which was so good and very thick; again a very new flavor to try. My husband had the meat lasagna and I the Pork Loin stuffed with gorgonzola cheese and topped with a fig port wine reduction sauce on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes.

Dessert was on the house as it was our wedding anniversary, Paul had the flourless chocolate cake and I had the bread pudding. All in all an excellent meal in one of Oxnard's most charming locations.

La Dolce Vita offers a luncheon menu as well.

• Wine Tasting

Roxbury Deli

by beaniezotzim Updated May 6, 2005

I need to change my review of this place, Have eaten here a couple more times and haven't exactly been happy with the quality of the food. Husband got Fish tacos, couldn't even eat them... he said the Fish was bad - gave him icky stomache and what comes after an icky stomache, folks? im sure you understand my direction. I got enchiladas, it wasn't the most appetizing meal with a big dry lump of beans and heat lamp rice. a couple of our guests have been less than satisfied as well (we gave the restaurant more than one chance...) it seems the quality isn't quite up to par with other, more convinient restaurants. it is always crowded, but with mostly older, retired aged guests - not that thats a bad thing, but I think older people are going there to stick to their routine rather than for the caliber of the food.

Favorite Dish: ive been for breakfast and have enjoyed BREAKFAST more than once.

Sushi Ichiban

by beaniezotzim Updated Mar 5, 2005

mmm sushi. I like sushi. I am picky about sushi.. this is one of those little places that you discover, thinking it won't be that great and turns out to be very yummy indeed. Its not my favorite sushi restaurant in Oxnard, but it rounds out my top 3. it is very convinient to where I live so that is a HUGE plus for me and the sushi is pretty quality. I have never been dissapointed leaving this restaurant. I am not a big fan of their miso soup, though. I skip that and save room for the sushi.

Favorite Dish: gosh, I don't even know, maybe the eel avocado roll, or the albacore sushi. its all good.

I can't price this place, sushi is sushi, its expensive, but this place is no more than other sushi restaurants.

Yolandas: mmmm Yolandas

by beaniezotzim Written Mar 5, 2005

This restaurant reminds me of El Torito a little bit, but a tad more authentic. it is decently priced good food. nothing fancy. they start you off with some chips and bean dip (which I really like), the service is decent and the prices don't hurt the pocket book too much.

Favorite Dish: Cheese Enchiladas.

• beaniezotzim's Profile Photo

cabo seafood grill and cantina: mexican seafood

by beaniezotzim Written Mar 5, 2005

I have eaten here about four times. I think it is okay, not my favorite, but not bad by any means. This restaurant has a lively atmosphere and the service is okay, not great but it will do. I don't want to knock the service because there are a couple of waitresses that are outstanding, but I think the majority of them are just so so. the trick with this place is finding something that you like and sticking with it. Turns out I like the shrimp burrito. I don't like the enchiladas or the tostada's too much.

Favorite Dish: shrimp burrito

Quincy Street in Silverstrand

by beaniezotzim Written Aug 17, 2004

Eaten here twice. the food is not too bad, I think it is a little bit over priced for the quality, but the atmosphere is quaint and friendly.
    I only eat Seafood, so I haven't really gotten to taste some of what this restaurant boasts. I have been told that the ribs here are very good.

Favorite Dish: fettucini alfredo

Yokozuna Sushi

by beaniezotzim Written Aug 17, 2004

This is my favorite sushi restaurant in Oxnard. The Sushi here is always fresh and the chefs are very knowledgeable about what they do. my only problem is a couple of the servers aren't very good at their jobs, sometimes making your dining experience one of constantly having to flag down your server to ask for something - even when they aren't busy. all in all, the quality is so good, its worth looking past the service, just sit at the sushi bar, that kind of eliminates your server.

Favorite Dish: Eel Avocado roll
    Albacore delight roll
    hawaiian roll

Instant Answers: Oxnard

Comments

Oxnard Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Oxnard restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oxnard sightseeing.