Places to eat in Palm Springs

by Basaic

Most Viewed Restaurants in Palm Springs

Azul: Tapas in the Desert

by kevinism Written Oct 28, 2013

Bring a group, share tapas and sit around the outdoor patio and bar. This place is one of my favorites in PS. The cocktails are yummers, the food is delish and the service is top rate. A bit pricy, but totes worth it.

Azul's is a great place just to hang and relax. Go for happy hour from 4pm - 9pm and 12am - 2am for 2 for 1 drinks and there's $4 daily drink. The crowd is mostly gay and they often serve up live entertainment with the food. Trust me on this one you will fall in love.

Last thing.... you really don't need to make a reservation. Most people are just there for drinks and last night w/ no reservation on a Saturday night we were seated immediately.

Hamburger Mary's: Not This Again

by kevinism Written Oct 28, 2013

First let me just say I do not like this chain. No matter what city you're in, the place is dirty and loud and the food is greasy and the drag queens are terrifying.

With that said, if you know what you're getting into... HAVE FUN!

Friends wanted to go to Hamburger Mary's sooo… FINE why not? I have been to Hamburger Mary's in Palm Springs about four times. The service varies wildly from very poor to average -- never excellent. The food also varies in preparation and flavor. We weren't given a full breakfast menu, so who knows what else they had. Food was greasy and luke warm. Our friends knew the bartender, so it was fun once I wasn't so pissy about the food.

Wang's in the Desert: Not a Sexual Innuendo

by kevinism Written Oct 28, 2013

This is the place to be on Friday nights for their happy hour. Wang's has perfected the pre-drinking event and offers a conversation-conducive though still festive atmosphere in a huge outdoor area and an equally inviting interior separate from the restaurant where many end up after a few too many drinks. Wang's is perfect as either a warm-up or for those not wanting to stay out too late.

The restaurant itself feels luxurious with its great decor and majestic outdoor patio and the men here are nice and hot. Though snobbish service is part of the package, what with masses of tourists and the usual ***y drunk it’s understandable that the servers are a little grumpy. I love the whole atmosphere but I think the food is ordinary and has little to do with anything Asian. But I love to go there for drinks and ogle at the gorgeous crowd.

Melvyn's Restaurant: Eat in Style

by kevinism Written Oct 28, 2013

First of all, the inside of this place is amazing. The interior was very nicely designed with a great amount of dark lumber. The lighting was comfortable and the music gave good ambiance, and there was just the right amount of background noise for a date.

I made reservations for this place a few days in advance. When we got to the restaurant, I told them my name, and they looked me up. We still had to wait for about 10 minutes, which I didn’t like. However, this was the only bad part of this experience.

The food here was SO GOOD!! We ordered spinach and artichoke dip to start with and it came within 10 minutes, which was awesome because I was starving! Our server was also very good, coming around every few minutes to check on us and our cocktails.

For dinner, we both ordered the filet special and the steaks were about the size of a small cat and cooked perfectly. I got a loaded baked potato, which was perfect, and my date got the fries which were also very good. There was no way we were able to order dessert because we were SO FULL.

After our meal, the waiter cleaned our table of the plates and handed us steaming hot and damp clothes to clean our hands. When the bill came, it was up in the triple digits, but for what we got (including many cocktails) it was definitely worth it. I recommend this restaurant to anyone, especially for a very nice date.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Elmer's: Great Food, Neat Decor

by Basaic Written Dec 14, 2012

This place looked pretty nice outside and had nice furnishings and photos of past visitors to town (see Albert Einstein and former President Ronald Reagan in the photos). I had Penne Pasta with Shrimp and Crab in an Alfredo Sauce which was quite good and some good clam chowder as the appetizer. Recommended! $19 as of October 2012.

Favorite Dish: Loved the Penne Pasta with Shrimp and Crab in an Alfredo Sauce and the clam chowder!

Elmer's Albert Einstein Ronald Reagen
    • Wine Tasting

• trvlrtom's Profile Photo

Yard House Restaurant: Great beer & atmosphere; good food too!

by trvlrtom Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Yard House in Rancho Mirage, close to Palm Springs, is one in a chain of restaurant/pubs. The main draw here, at least for us, was the fabulous selection of beers on tap, which they say is the largest in the world. Maybe. There were more than I'll be able to try even if I vacationed here for months instead of days. There is a lot more here than just the beer, however. The atmosphere is nice, with lots of seating and a contemporary, clean atmosphere. They play classic rock music and have big TV screens (they were on low volume, so weren't a distraction). The food was good, much more creative than what you find in most mid-range chains. We were here for lunch, so the place was pretty mellow - no problem with having kids with us. Our server said it gets a little crazy on weekend nights.
    Overall, I'd recommend this place for anyone looking for decent food and variety, especially if you like beer.

Two good English beers
    • Beer Tasting

• Nevo's Profile Photo

Matchbox: great food, great service, Welcome to Matchbox!!

by Nevo Updated Apr 4, 2011

Matchbox has great ambiance and great food. This is a centralized, second-floor restaurant that has outdoor seatings overlooking the main street in Palm Spring. We stumbled upon this restaurant and decided it would be a great place to dine. The host actually offered to call where we had reserved a table and cancel on our behalf.

The menu is not a big one, but i felt as though all the dishes we ordered (we were 2 couples) were tremendous. My recommendation is the scallop appetizer and crusted snapper as an entree. The wine list is also pretty humble yet effective with bottles ranging from 20-120 dollars.

The whole meal cost us $210 for 4 people - not bad for the 2 hrs spent there having drinks and enjoying a great time. Oh last note - they have tables for 2 that you can reserve that are located right off the balcony in their own space which makes for a VERY romantic seating area. call in advance and ask them about that.

And even though we did not try the Pizza, im sure its a must, it looked really good coming out to nearby tables and its what the restaurant is known for

Favorite Dish: Crusted Snapper

• Erin74's Profile Photo

Pomme Frite: Pomme Frite

by Erin74 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Pomme Frite serves French and Belgian food and is conveniently located right on South Palm Canyon Drive. It features both indoor and outdoor seating with elegant, contemporary decor.

Favorite Dish: Some of the notable dishes at Pomme Frite include:

Braised Coq a Vin
    Skinless Half Chicken in Burgundy Sauce with Bacon and Mushrooms

California Bouillabaise
    Salmon, Cod Fish, Shrimp, Scallops & Mussels in Saffron Broth served with Rouille Croutons and Saffron Rice

You can also order liver & onions or steamed mussels served with French fries. And for dessert.... Creme Brulee, of course!

• Luxury Travel

Ruby's Diner: Step into the 50's

by HELEN Written Feb 19, 2010

Once you step inside this place, you'll feel like you traveled back in time. The decor is very diner like with vinyl red booths, old school regirsters and jukeboxes. I just wanted to order a burger with fries and a shake. They actually have a very extensive menu from breakfast to lunch to dinner, and everything looks delicious. I was so torn between ordering breakfast or lunch, I wanted both. They have a cute patio area with umbrellas to block the sun. It's a great place to have a meal and watch the action along Palm Canyon Drive.

Favorite Dish: The burgers and salads were delicious

Bit Of Country: A little bit of country

by HELEN Written Feb 18, 2010

If you are in the mood for a little bit of country for breakfast, Bit of Country is your place. It's a local's joint that is packed every morning. The menu is pretty basic with a little bit of a southern twist. Every item on the menu give you a choice of biscuits and gravy and grits, if regular hash browns and toast is just too basic for you.
    The staff is very friendly, the portions are pretty big, and the prices are low. They also offer lunch, but we only tried breakfast.

Falls Prime Steakhouse: A great Steakhouse

by HELEN Written Feb 16, 2010

This restaurant is located on the second floor and overlooks the action along Palm Canyon Drive. There are a few table located on private balconies, which can be very romantic. The staff is very friendly and helpful, but unfortunately we were not completely satisfied with the service. The food was delicious! The menu offers steaks and chops prepared your way with a selection of sides including 6 cheese mac 'n cheese and garlic sauteed mushrooms. The wine list is pretty extensive with a good price range. There's also a long list of Martinis, that come with dry ice for a cool presentation.

Favorite Dish: The lobster salad was delicious and perfect size to split for two. The fillet was cooked to order, and the sauteed mushrooms were my favorite side dish.

Our fun dirty martinis

• TXgal's Profile Photo

Look, Palm Springs: Good food, nice outdoor patio!

by TXgal Written Jan 8, 2010

SoCal cuisine made on site with fresh organic food using all local vendors.

Favorite Dish: Everything looked good that came out of the kitchen. I had the chicken salad sandwich and it was amazing w/ fruit & nuts. Very original.

• Sienlu's Profile Photo

Oasis Buffet: Amazing Buffet at Morongo Casino

by Sienlu Written Dec 29, 2009

Every time I go to the Morongo casino in Cabazon, close to Palm Springs (which is not that very often :-)) I stop at the Oasis Buffet before starting anything else. It has every food you can imagine, Italian, Asian, American, Salads, Desserts, it's unbelievable and it's delicious. The atmosphere is great! It is one of my favorite buffets, even comparing to the ones in Vegas. (maybe not the Rio's buffet but definitely all the other ones)

At lunch time it's less than $15 and you can get discounts if you have a player card from the casino.

When you enter the casino from the parking elevators, keep walking left until you find it!

Enjoy, you will not regret it!

• Sienlu's Profile Photo

Noodle Bar: Great asian restaurant in Resort and SPA casino

by Sienlu Written Dec 29, 2009

This is a small affordable Chinese restaurant in the Resort and Spa Casino in Palm Springs. Perfect place to satisfy a quick hunger while gambling.

The service is really fast and the food is great, especially for the price.

You can find it almost right when you enter the casino.

Waitresses are very friendly and funny too!

Definitely try this restaurant if you are in the Resort and Spa Casino.

• Elmer's Palm Springs: Not to be missed when in Palm Springs!

by SuntanGuy Written Jul 6, 2009

The locals have been enjoying this landmark for over 30 years and no trip is complete without at least one breakfast, lunch and dinner at this terrific diner with the best comfort food in southern California! They have a prime rib at dinner that rivals any expensive restaurant downtown for around $16 and includes a huge salad and freshly baked dinner rolls. Breakfast fills up on the weekends but is well worth the wait! You will see why just about everyone includes it on their get-a-way to Palm Springs! Really great folks run it and the wait staff are genuine and considerate! An extensive menu with so many choices, you will want to come back again and again to try them all!

Favorite Dish: I think for breakfast, the crepes with strawberries are my favorite (with a side of bacon!!) Lunch would have to be the Asian Chicken Salad (enough to feed a third world country!) and dinner has to be the prime rib! It is like no other that I've had and a real treat! Cooked to perfection. The whole restaurant is an enjoyable experience!

• Spa and Resort

Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs
Casa Cody Palm Springs
Latest: Jul 4, 2014

Instant Answers: Palm Springs

Comments

Palm Springs Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Palm Springs locals.
Map of Palm Springs