Palm Springs Art Museum, Palm Springs

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 5 Reviews

101 Musuem Drive Palm Springs CA, 92262

• malianrob's Profile Photo

by malianrob Written Jul 20, 2008

We found this place by accident. We were walking around the downtown area and saw a sign to get to the museum of Art. I asked the kids if they wanted to go and they said yes. I saw a sign that it was about 12 dollars to get in but once we were there the sign said free addmission. I dont know if that was for a limited amount of time or if its always like that. While we visited there was a Frida Kahlo exhibit and I really like her so were were in luck.
    It really wasnt any of her work but the photography of Nickolas Muray of Frida Kahlo. There were also letters that she had written to him and photographs of Frida and Diego Rivera. I wished we had more time here but we will return next time.
    On Mondays the museum is closed and on Thursdays they open later and stay opened til 8pm.
    We can take pictures but it is limited to only certain areas of the museum. So if you are unsure, you should ask first.

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Palm Springs Museum of Art

by Martinewezel Updated Apr 20, 2008

Palm Springs, Art Museum

The Palm Springs Art Museum houses Modern and Contemparary American works. Also Indian Art and Classic Western American Art. This last one was a revalation to my husband and me, while never saw paintings of cowboys branding their cattle before (just an example of the multiple subjets). Something completely different end refreshing.
    I highly recommend Europans who stay in Palm Springs to visit this Museum for a change. An eye-opener.

The Museum also features exhibitions of the mid-century modernist architects (see also "general tips").

As in most attractions, the visit ends at the "Gift Store". Fun, but exorbitant prices.

• JLBG's Profile Photo

by JLBG Updated May 3, 2005

The Palm Springs Desert Museum is another must see. It is located on the first slopes of the mountains and presents various aspects of the life in the desert. This photo shows a part of the botanic garden with various cactus, Joshua trees, etc… For more on cactuses and Joshua trees, see my Joshua tree National Park page (to come) and my Death Valley National Park page.

• Desert

• awayhome's Profile Photo

by awayhome Updated Apr 6, 2004

Palm Springs Desert Museum

The Palm Springs Desert Museum features art, much with an emphasis on the American West & the desert regions of the South West. There are modern art collections, Indian art, art related to Hollywood, & photo exhibits all meant to catch your attention. the museum is located around the corner from the "Willow spa resort hotel" a few blocks away from the main street.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

by Jim_Eliason Written Apr 29, 2007

Palm Springs Art Museum

The Palm Springs Art Museum has a nice collection focusing in on western and modern art although it does have a collection of European masters.

Instant Answers: Palm Springs

Comments

Hotels Near Palm Springs Art Museum
5.0 out of 5 stars