Know about this? Rate It!
Getting from Palm Springs to San Diego
We flew to Palm Springs, but then needed to get to San Diego or Los Angelos to board a cruise. How do we get from PS to SD or LA?
We enquired around. No train. There is a bus. Greyhound. But to get to San Diego (a two and a half hour drive), the bus took eight hours. (I think the bus went via Timbuctoo).
Solution - for a price less than two round-trip bus tickets, we could rent two one-way cars. One from Palm Springs to San Diego, and after our cruise, one from San Diego back to PS!
- Road Trip
Drive on I-10 East from LA. ...
Drive on I-10 East from LA. It takes about 3 hours with no traffic. You get really neat views of the field of windmills at the pass to the desert.
The only way around is to drive yourself. Busses are few and far between and taxis are expensive.
The Main Drag.
This is the old 111 highway that goes through the metro desert cities of Palm Desert, Indian wells, Indio, and Palm Springs.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Palm Springs Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sankt Pölten
- Land Hessen Hotels
- Kalmthout Hotels
- Drumsna Hotels
- Damansara Hotels
- Yosemite National Park Transportation
- Inle Lake Transportation
- Conil de la Frontera Transportation
- Moorea Transportation
- Camogli Transportation
- Kaiserslautern Transportation
- West Java Province Transportation
- Magnetic Island Transportation
- Sacramento Transportation
- Ubud Transportation
- Buses (Coaches)
- San Vicente de la Barquera Transportation