Palo Alto Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Palo Alto

• elji's Profile Photo

La Morenita: Best red enchiladas and rellenos

by elji Updated Dec 3, 2004

Very homey restaurant with wood panelling. Not a touristy place. Very authentic, delicious food. Often very crowded at lunch time (so sometimes service is slower then). It is usually less crowded at dinner. The staff are very friendly and the food is consistently good.

Favorite Dish: You can get your choice of many different items on a combination plate, with a different price for one, two, or three items. I prefer a smaller plate, and usually just get one item.

My favorite is the chile relleno with rice and beans. A second favorite is the red enchilada. Neither of these is extremely spicy, but both dishes have an excellent flavor. A good compliment is an ice cold Negro Modelo beer!

• Business Travel

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Sushi House: Get your sushi... Fast!

Sushi House Palo Alto

For a quick bite before headed to the airport, we stopped in at the Sushi House for lunch. It was almost fast food, but then again its not like you have to wait for the sushi to cook!

I had the combo platter, it was 15 dollars, and was very good. There were smaller platters for about 7 dollars... but you can never get enough sushi!

Not the best I have ever had, but it was very fast!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Cook Book Restaurant: Have a Cook Book!

Cook Book Restaurant - Palo Alto

On the way to one of my business meetings, we stopped in at the Cook Book restaurant for breakfast. I had an omelette and it was delicious. Great place for a quick breakfast!

Enjoy it, and if you like them... try the cheese blintzes!

• Study Abroad

Peet's Coffee and Tea: Peet's

Peet's Coffee and Tea

Peet's is a great little coffee shop right outside the Stanford University campus. The coffee was very fresh, and I had a tasty muffin. It was a lot less expensive than what I normally pay at Starbucks, so well worth the cup of Joe!

• Study Abroad

• Yubert's Profile Photo

NOLA: Slice of New Orleans in Northern Cal

by Yubert Written Aug 17, 2003

Nola is a bit of New Orleans located in the historic Ramona Street Building in downtown Palo Alto. Menu consists of Creole, Cajun, and Southwestern cuisine. New Orleans favorites, such as hurricanes, fresh oysters, gumbo, seafood jambalaya, and étouffée, are just a few of the classics you will find.

Favorite Dish: Teriyaki Skirt Steak
    Jambalaya w/corn bread
    Banana Carmel Split

• pmarshuk's Profile Photo

Gordon Biersch: Good food and good beer

by pmarshuk Written Aug 15, 2003

One of the best brewery restaurant chains I went into in the states. The beer is excellent - especially the Marzen. And the food well presented and tasty in managable portions.
    I prefered the one in San Jose because of the courtyard and live jazz sessions but the Palo Alto venue is also well worth a visit

Favorite Dish: I love ribs and here did not disappoint. great BBQ sauce.
    Mind you I also remember having some very good prawns the last time I visited.

• pmarshuk's Profile Photo

Evia: Evia

by pmarshuk Updated Jul 28, 2003

At the time of my first visit this place had just opened so we were able to get here quite regularly. On my last visit it seemed almost impossible as they were always fully booked.
    The food is a type of California/Greek with a good selection of wines including some very nice Greek Whites.

Favorite Dish: Lamb done any way you choose.

UNIVERSITY COFFEE CAFE: COFFEE & MORE

by heywinks Updated Jul 10, 2003

Great mix of people of all ages. Delicious coffee aroma. Very busy & packed with people (some standing). High ceilings so you don`t feel claustrophobic or closed in. There`s a coffee bar with seating where all the drinks are made.
    (Their business card says that they also have full service dining for lunch & dinner, a Health Smart Cafe, & a juice bar)

Favorite Dish: I had the white chocolate mocha & some kind of mocha pastry cake dessert. YUM!!! My friend had the hot apple cider (we`re not big coffee people!). We didn`t spend that much time here as my friend had to catch the last train home, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself here in this coffeehouse. I didn`t feel rushed to leave, even though we sat at the bar. I felt like I could have stayed for 3 hrs & not have someone come over & tell me my time was up (except perhaps those standing. ha ha!).

WORLD WRAPPS: A WRAP WITH A TWIST

by heywinks Updated Jul 10, 2003

This is a West coast chain eatery with locations in Washington & California.
    They have more than wraps here, including soups & bento boxes. You can opt to have a wrap or have the ingredients in the wrap over a bed of rice (which is what I did).
    The prices are good & the mix of ingredients unique. People of all ages come here but I saw alot Stanford Univ students as well.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the Samurai Salmon (salmon, avocado, daikon sprouts, nori, cucumbers, & scallions). The best thing about this was the soy & wasabi vinaigrette! What a punch!!
    I also had a taste of the Thai Lemongrass Soup & the Caribbean Sole (this served with a mango salsa & ginger slaw). These were good too!

GORDON BIERSCH BREWERY RESTAURANT: A FINE BREW

by heywinks Updated Jul 10, 2003

Good, lively atmosphere. Friendly & helpful waitstaff. The decor of dark wook & a front seating section with French doors that open up in the summeritme make it enjoyable to eat here.
    I don`t drink beer so I didn`t try any of their brewery selections but the food was good!!

Favorite Dish: Try to Moroccan Style Lamb or the Seared Ahi Tuna. Both are delicious!

• hokeypokey's Profile Photo

Miakee's: Miakee's

by hokeypokey Updated Aug 25, 2002

Don´t go there for dinner if you want a romantic or rather quiet one. It´s kind of a party place, people can dance on the tables if they feel like it. It´s just fun

Favorite Dish: Japanese with the best sushi i´ve ever had. Great choices and 'flair'

• davehood's Profile Photo

Palo Alto has an amazing...

by davehood Written Aug 24, 2002

Palo Alto has an amazing number of good restaurants. I like Asian cuisines myself. Try

Jing Jing for Szechuan

Rangoon for Burmese

Janta for Indian
    ...

Now, what was the name of that Thai place?

Outside Asia:

Benbo's for Mediterranean

Instant Answers: Palo Alto

Comments

Palo Alto Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Palo Alto restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Palo Alto sightseeing.