Pasadena Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Pasadena

Ba: Wonderful Tiny Restaurant in Highland Park

by GracesTrips Written Jan 19, 2014

It's listed as a French restaurant but I think it's French fusion. It's refined and with a twist. Food is excellent! It's a tiny restaurant so taking a big group is not a good idea. It's cozy and not located in Pasadena. Just south of Pasadena is Highland Park. I list the restaurant here because most people would never think to eat in Highland Park. It's definitely worth going to.

Crossings: New Restaurant in Town

by GracesTrips Written Jan 19, 2014

New restaurant in South Pasadena. The food is great and d├ęcor modern and comfortable. I ordered the black cod that was cooked perfectly. We usually bring our own wine but they have quite an extensive wine list. I will write more about it when I go back a second time.

• ketulgandhi's Profile Photo

Pita Pita: Best Falafel in town

by ketulgandhi Updated Jan 14, 2014
    Best Falafels - very soft from inside

I like Pita Pita's falafels very much as they are very soft and fully cooked from inside. It has great tasting mediterranean food at a reasonable & affordable price. I used to go there often for lunch when I was working in Pasadena. I always visit them when I am in Pasadena area. Their combo plates have generous portions. I have always received great service.

Favorite Dish: Veggie Combo Plate and Falafel Wrap with Lentil soup

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Sugar Fix: Gotta Sweet Tooth?

by Yaqui Written Jan 12, 2014

As we were walking back to our car to move it, we just had to stop here to try it out. Its a little store that makes homemade cupcakes, muffins, cookies, scones, tea cakes, ice cream sandwiches and other various treats. The ice cream sandwich was a with a homemade oakmeal cookie. It was veryt good and so was the coffee.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Gus's Barbecue: South Pasadenas Best Barbecue est.1946

by Yaqui Written Jan 12, 2014

First of all, do not get this address confused with Pasadena, it is in South Pasadena. So keep that in mind.

This restaurant started in 1946 by Gus, Jack and Mike who had a family owned business in Ohio. The family moved here using the Route 66 that runs right by this historic establishment. They purchased a sleepy hamburger joint and brought their style and flavor of BBQ to the west coast. Chris and John Bicos now own this establishment and bring they're own flare of BBQ flavors from across the country.

We always try to find a new place and my hubby googled and found this place. It has very comfortable seating, neat historic photo's to look and the service was awesome. Don't let my photo of the dinning counter fool you. There is more seating in the very back. The food was good and the price was not bad either. We would come back here if we are every in the area again.

Favorite Dish: We had the BBQ Quesadilla & Beer Braised Texas Brisket

AltaEats: Located in North Pasadena

by GracesTrips Written Nov 3, 2013
    Paella, on the dryer side with rice

This is an obscure restaurant in North Pasadena. There is no signage with the name of the restaurant on the outside. You just have to know it's there next to the cleaners. Our first experience wasn't great. The food looked good but everything was over salted. We may try again at some point but over salty food for wine drinkers is not a great experience. A group of us went and we ordered some appetizer and entrees. Everyone shares. The best dish was the rib eye steak which was a special not on the menu.

Raymond House Restaurant: A Pasadena Landmark

by GracesTrips Updated Sep 23, 2013

Very cozy setting in what was once an actual home. The history of the Raymond goes back to 1887 as a hotel but the hotel has since been long gone due to tragedies. The food was exceptional. We had brought our own wine. I ordered the Crisy Maple Leaf Duck. The potato emulsion was amazingly creamy and smooth unlike anything I have ever had. The duck breast with some skin was cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. My boyfriend ordered a lamb dish that came with both rack of lamb and lamb shank. He really enjoyed his meal and said the meat was very good.

The Raymond recently added a quaint outdoor eating area, patio if you will. It's quite nice and cozy. We went there for brunch and I really enjoyed the brunch menu!

• Luxury Travel

The Eatery at Claud and Company: Only Open Tuesday through Friday

by GracesTrips Updated Sep 23, 2013

Claud Beltran originally opened this location to start his catering company. It just so happened he had enough space for a small restaurant. So, he is opened for dinner from Tuesday through Thursday. Now he is opened on Fridays unless he has a catering event. On Saturday and Sunday he runs his catering business so the restaurant is closed unless there is a special dinner put together. It is worth going if you are in the area. It's located east of Old Town Pasadena but close to the 210 freeway (2 blocks north). He will change his menu each month. This month (grand opening) he is featuring all things pork. We had some carnitas tacos and pork wellington appetizers to start. I had the scallop entree wrapped in prosciutto and roasted broccoli. It was cooked to perfection! My boyfriend had the spiced rub pork loin and au gratin potatoes! Also delicious! We have also gone back to enjoy a garlic inspired dinner. OMG, the garlic was prevalent, powerful and delicious. A simple friend pita chips with roasted garlic paste, to shrimp scampi with pasta, pork loin stuffed with garlic and even roasted garlic ice cream. It was tremendous, 7 courses. Can't wait to see what he will be serving up next month!

By the way, call and make reservations! It is a very small restaurant so he fills up quickly!

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Bella's Pizza: Try Bella's in Old Pas

by marinarena Written Jul 2, 2013
    Yummy Sicilian slice, bella's , Pasadena, CA

If in Old Pasadena and craving pizza, skip the mainstream Pizza Hut and Domino and opt for Bella's.
    A small cozy spot on Fair Oaks Ave, Bella's is great for a quick slice or for a semi fancy meal Italian-American style with fresh California touch. Fresh is key. Dough, marinara sauce, lemonade, as well as croutons for salads-all made from scratch daily. Pizza pies are from $8-$20. Slices are $3-$4. For pizza pie fans, try deep dish or thin crust done just right. Sauce to cheese ratio right, crust not too crisp or doughy. The menu is quite vast, with different combinations of pizza with typical American variety like chicken wings, mixed salads and spaghetti and meatballs.

Overall service was much to my liking. Attentive young cashier/hosts were friendly and efficient and got my order in adequate time. Will be coming back to Bella!

Favorite Dish: Margherita pizza- classic and always delicious- simply!

Redwhite+Bluezz: Wine, Food & Music

by GracesTrips Updated May 16, 2013

Coq Au Vin

This restaurant recently moved right next door to the Pasadena Playhouse located on El Molino Avenue. It's a roomier restaurant, decor is very nice, spacious and great Jazz music for dinner. The menu has changed slightly and the food is better. Service has also improved. I had the Coq Au Vin which was one of the better preparations I've had dining out. This was not on their regular menu but a special for the evening. I enjoyed the food and the ambience at it's new location. Worth checking out. Personal wines are welcome for a corkage fee.

Bistro 45: Gourmet Dining

by GracesTrips Written Feb 2, 2013
    Scottish Salmon with fennel risotto

This restaurant recently underwent major interior renovation. It has a modern look and a covered outdoor patio area. The food is good but on our first visit a little bit on the salty side. Five of us went to dinner here. We also celebrated New Years at this restaurant and the food was not so great. I think due to the number of people and amount they had to crank out. The prices used to be quite high but after the remodeling, the also modified the menu to be a little more affordable.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Maximilliano: Trendy Hotspot Good Food Inexpensive!

by GracesTrips Written Aug 3, 2012

Cool atmosphere, lots of young adults, food is very reasonable and delicious, I would call it Nouveau Italian or Italian Fusion because some of their entrees have a slight twist. The fennel appetizer is wonderful! Pasta and Pizza are excellent!

The restaurant is actually located in Highland Park a borough of Los Angeles but just south of Pasadena. Plan on using valet parking, there is no place to park over there. At least, the valet parking is reasonable.

Briganti Restaurant: Cozy Italian Restaurant

by GracesTrips Written Aug 3, 2012

My favorite Italian restaurant is Celestino's in Pasadena. But, sometimes you gotta try other Italian restaurants because you just never know. Brigante's was very good. I'm not sure it tops my list but we had a very good experience. This restaurant is located in South Pasadena and the interior is all wood and feeling like you are in Italy. The food was tasty! They have a large truffle menu - risotto, pastas, steaks all with shaved truffle. I ordered the fettucini with truffle and it was delicious. Served me so much that I couldn't eat it all.

I think I would go back if my friends would like to dine there again. It was worth it!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

AKA Bistro: Good Food, Nice Ambience, Portabella Fries!

by GracesTrips Updated Jul 16, 2012

Double Cut Pork Chop

This restaurant is now a few years old in Pasadena affiliated with the owners of Bistro 45. The foods is excellent and price reasonably for what you get and the ambience of the restaurant. We brought our own bottle of wine. The corkage was $8. A little less than most restaurants in the area which is $10, $15 even $20. We started with the truffled steak fries (not offered anymore) but try the portabella fries with truffle aioli! The most recent meal with friends we ordered the double cut pork chop - delish! I ordered an amazing sweet pea risotto. The cod was also very moist and prepared deliciously. The ambience was great - a modern, comfortable decor. Our server was very good and the owner was gracious in speaking to us.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Dog Haus: Best Hotdogs Ever!

by GracesTrips Written May 31, 2012

Hotdogs and burgers, fries or tater tots. Make your own or try the specialties which are pretty decent! Need a lot of napkins to keep clean and expect to stand in line because this place is popular! I had the Cowboy Haus Dog which is topped with American cheese, smoked bacon, onion rings, barbecue sauce and crispy onions (French's onions). The bun is cut on the ends to fit your dog perfectly. I thought it was really good. My boyfriend (who is not a fan of the "hotdog") said it was okay. Open daily from 11am - 10pm

Instant Answers: Pasadena

Comments

Pasadena Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pasadena restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pasadena sightseeing.