Pasadena Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Pasadena

Ba: Wonderful Tiny Restaurant in Highland Park

by GracesTrips Written Jan 19, 2014

It's listed as a French restaurant but I think it's French fusion. It's refined and with a twist. Food is excellent! It's a tiny restaurant so taking a big group is not a good idea. It's cozy and not located in Pasadena. Just south of Pasadena is Highland Park. I list the restaurant here because most people would never think to eat in Highland Park. It's definitely worth going to.

• ketulgandhi's Profile Photo

Pita Pita: Best Falafel in town

by ketulgandhi Updated Jan 14, 2014

I like Pita Pita's falafels very much as they are very soft and fully cooked from inside. It has great tasting mediterranean food at a reasonable & affordable price. I used to go there often for lunch when I was working in Pasadena. I always visit them when I am in Pasadena area. Their combo plates have generous portions. I have always received great service.

Favorite Dish: Veggie Combo Plate and Falafel Wrap with Lentil soup

Best Falafels - very soft from inside

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Sugar Fix: Gotta Sweet Tooth?

by Yaqui Written Jan 12, 2014

As we were walking back to our car to move it, we just had to stop here to try it out. Its a little store that makes homemade cupcakes, muffins, cookies, scones, tea cakes, ice cream sandwiches and other various treats. The ice cream sandwich was a with a homemade oakmeal cookie. It was veryt good and so was the coffee.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Gus's Barbecue: South Pasadenas Best Barbecue est.1946

by Yaqui Written Jan 12, 2014

First of all, do not get this address confused with Pasadena, it is in South Pasadena. So keep that in mind.

This restaurant started in 1946 by Gus, Jack and Mike who had a family owned business in Ohio. The family moved here using the Route 66 that runs right by this historic establishment. They purchased a sleepy hamburger joint and brought their style and flavor of BBQ to the west coast. Chris and John Bicos now own this establishment and bring they're own flare of BBQ flavors from across the country.

We always try to find a new place and my hubby googled and found this place. It has very comfortable seating, neat historic photo's to look and the service was awesome. Don't let my photo of the dinning counter fool you. There is more seating in the very back. The food was good and the price was not bad either. We would come back here if we are every in the area again.

Favorite Dish: We had the BBQ Quesadilla & Beer Braised Texas Brisket

AltaEats: Located in North Pasadena

by GracesTrips Written Nov 3, 2013

This is an obscure restaurant in North Pasadena. There is no signage with the name of the restaurant on the outside. You just have to know it's there next to the cleaners. Our first experience wasn't great. The food looked good but everything was over salted. We may try again at some point but over salty food for wine drinkers is not a great experience. A group of us went and we ordered some appetizer and entrees. Everyone shares. The best dish was the rib eye steak which was a special not on the menu.

Paella, on the dryer side with rice Rib eye steak Pork belly, arugula salad with peach slices salad

Raymond House Restaurant: A Pasadena Landmark

by GracesTrips Updated Sep 23, 2013

Very cozy setting in what was once an actual home. The history of the Raymond goes back to 1887 as a hotel but the hotel has since been long gone due to tragedies. The food was exceptional. We had brought our own wine. I ordered the Crisy Maple Leaf Duck. The potato emulsion was amazingly creamy and smooth unlike anything I have ever had. The duck breast with some skin was cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. My boyfriend ordered a lamb dish that came with both rack of lamb and lamb shank. He really enjoyed his meal and said the meat was very good.

The Raymond recently added a quaint outdoor eating area, patio if you will. It's quite nice and cozy. We went there for brunch and I really enjoyed the brunch menu!

Crispy Maple Leaf Duck, Bok Choy & Potato Emulsion Rack of Lamb and Lamb Shank Chop salad for brunch Salmon Benedict for brunch
    • Luxury Travel

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Bella's Pizza: Try Bella's in Old Pas

by marinarena Written Jul 2, 2013

If in Old Pasadena and craving pizza, skip the mainstream Pizza Hut and Domino and opt for Bella's.
    A small cozy spot on Fair Oaks Ave, Bella's is great for a quick slice or for a semi fancy meal Italian-American style with fresh California touch. Fresh is key. Dough, marinara sauce, lemonade, as well as croutons for salads-all made from scratch daily. Pizza pies are from $8-$20. Slices are $3-$4. For pizza pie fans, try deep dish or thin crust done just right. Sauce to cheese ratio right, crust not too crisp or doughy. The menu is quite vast, with different combinations of pizza with typical American variety like chicken wings, mixed salads and spaghetti and meatballs.

Overall service was much to my liking. Attentive young cashier/hosts were friendly and efficient and got my order in adequate time. Will be coming back to Bella!

Favorite Dish: Margherita pizza- classic and always delicious- simply!

Yummy Sicilian slice, bella's , Pasadena, CA Bella's Pizzeria, Pasadena, CA

Bistro 45: Gourmet Dining

by GracesTrips Written Feb 2, 2013

This restaurant recently underwent major interior renovation. It has a modern look and a covered outdoor patio area. The food is good but on our first visit a little bit on the salty side. Five of us went to dinner here. We also celebrated New Years at this restaurant and the food was not so great. I think due to the number of people and amount they had to crank out. The prices used to be quite high but after the remodeling, the also modified the menu to be a little more affordable.

Scottish Salmon with fennel risotto Duroc Pork Chop Mozzarella Pizza Warm onion & duck leg tart and slow cooked duck

Briganti Restaurant: Cozy Italian Restaurant

by GracesTrips Written Aug 3, 2012

My favorite Italian restaurant is Celestino's in Pasadena. But, sometimes you gotta try other Italian restaurants because you just never know. Brigante's was very good. I'm not sure it tops my list but we had a very good experience. This restaurant is located in South Pasadena and the interior is all wood and feeling like you are in Italy. The food was tasty! They have a large truffle menu - risotto, pastas, steaks all with shaved truffle. I ordered the fettucini with truffle and it was delicious. Served me so much that I couldn't eat it all.

I think I would go back if my friends would like to dine there again. It was worth it!

Yahaira's Cafe: A Tiny, Tasty Breakfast Place

by GracesTrips Written Mar 21, 2012

Located on Colorado Blvd. but not in Old Town, east of the Paseo shopping center. I probably shouldn't label this as a breakfast place but we did have breakfast is it was packed and breakfast was good. Prices are reasonable. If you want to try something different and not stand in line to be seated, this is a good alternative. And, when you just thought, there is no way I can add another Pasadena restaurant to my tips!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Maison Akira: French Food at it's Finest!

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 4, 2011

My boyfriend treated me to dinner here for my birthday a few years ago. It was a wonderful dinner. We hadn't been back until the other night for his birthday. The restaurant was hosting a dinner event sponsored by Club Culinaire. A five course meal paired up with wine, a champagne reception with various scrumptious hor d’oeuvres. The entire meal lasted three and half hours. We enjoyed great food and conversation with other dinner guests.

• Luxury Travel

JJ Steak House: Great Steak House

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 4, 2011

With so many restaurants to choose from in Old Town Pasadena, an expensive steakhouse seems like an unlikely place to eat. But since we have been to many, many restaurants in Pasadena, we thought we should try this one out. The ambience was very nice, not too noisy as a lot of SoCal restaurants can be. We brought our own bottle of wine. Many restaurants in Pasadena will allow you to do this but will charge you a corkage fee. Dinner began with an iceberg wedge salad with bleu cheese and balsamic vinegret. It's a good size salad. We ordered the duck and veal new york strip. Both meals were very delicious and the portions were very generous.

Salad Going up the escalator Bread served at the table

Cafe Bizou: Sounds French but not

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 4, 2011

What can I say about this place... It has nice ambience and the food is really good! Personal wines are welcome for a $2 corkage fee! We eat here often but the menu doesn't change. So, if you like what they have, then that's what they are always serving. Making reservations is a good idea if you want to dine on Friday or Saturday evenings.

Favorite Dish: Crispy Potato Scaled Salmon is my favorite. They put very thinly sliced potatoes on the top of the salmon and it's crisp almost like a potato chip but still moist. Cooked spinach and a few mushrooms underneath the salmon along with two very flavorful sauces. I've had the halibut with a vegetable streudel which is also very delicious. The pork tenderloin is also really good. They have an Ahi Tuna salad that is delicious and the Ahi Tuna tartare is also very good.

Crispy Potato Scaled Salmon Beef Stroganoff

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Marston's Restaurant: Always Packed!

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 4, 2011

Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Everytime we pass by, there are people waiting out front for a table. Especially, at breakfast time. On the weekends, breakfast is served all day long! The prices are reasonable for the food you are served. Not a fancy place, aluminum tables and metal chairs (outside).

Favorite Dish: I ordered a special not on the menu, a barbecue pork salad. Plenty of food, the barbecue pork I thought would be shredded was actually cubed over romaine lettuce with avocado and tomato. The boyfriend ordered a tri tip sandwich that I was able to get a bite of - yummy! Came back and had breakfast. Delish! My boyfriend had the Denver omelet and I had the fantastic French toast! Good stuff!

Denver Omelet Fantastic French Toast and side of sausage

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Huntington Rose Garden Tea Room: Afternoon tea

by Dabs Updated Apr 4, 2011

I was going to take Grandma to the Scarlet Tea Room in Pasadena but when I found out that the Huntington Gardens had it's own tea room, I decided to go there instead to make it easier. I made the reservation when I arrived at the Huntington on Tuesday morning at the information desk, it was busy but not full when we sat down to have tea. They recommend reservations at least two weeks in advance.

I don't believe you can eat here unless you pay the admission for the Huntington Gardens, currently $15. Afternoon tea without champagne was $19.95 per person.

Favorite Dish: The server brings you tea, there was a choice of just a few including Earl Grey and a special fruit tea. The sandwiches, pastries, fruit and cheeses are self serve, as much as you want which actually might be a little better than the prearranged trays as you can pass over items that you don't care for or have a second helping of something that is particularly good.

My dad didn't want to join us for tea but he sat with us and had a beer and that was fine with the staff.

Afternoon tea Afternoon tea

Instant Answers: Pasadena

Comments

Pasadena Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pasadena restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pasadena sightseeing.