Pasadena Restaurants

Foie Gras
  • Artichoke barigoule & smoked sturgeon croquets
    Artichoke barigoule & smoked sturgeon...
    Lamb Belly

Best Rated Restaurants in Pasadena

The Eatery at Claud and Company: Only Open Tuesday through Friday

by GracesTrips Updated Dec 13, 2014

Claud Beltran originally opened this location to start his catering company. It just so happened he had enough space for a small restaurant. So, he is opened for dinner from Tuesday through Thursday. Now he is opened on Fridays unless he has a catering event. On Saturday and Sunday he runs his catering business so the restaurant is closed unless there is a special dinner put together. It is worth going if you are in the area. It's located east of Old Town Pasadena but close to the 210 freeway (2 blocks north). He will change his menu each month. This month (grand opening) he is featuring all things pork. We had some carnitas tacos and pork wellington appetizers to start. I had the scallop entree wrapped in prosciutto and roasted broccoli. It was cooked to perfection! My boyfriend had the spiced rub pork loin and au gratin potatoes! Also delicious! We have also gone back to enjoy a garlic inspired dinner. OMG, the garlic was prevalent, powerful and delicious. A simple friend pita chips with roasted garlic paste, to shrimp scampi with pasta, pork loin stuffed with garlic and even roasted garlic ice cream. It was tremendous, 7 courses. Can't wait to see what he will be serving up next month!

By the way, call and make reservations! It is a very small restaurant so he fills up quickly!

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Bella's Pizza: Try Bella's in Old Pas

by marinarena Written Jul 2, 2013

If in Old Pasadena and craving pizza, skip the mainstream Pizza Hut and Domino and opt for Bella's.
    A small cozy spot on Fair Oaks Ave, Bella's is great for a quick slice or for a semi fancy meal Italian-American style with fresh California touch. Fresh is key. Dough, marinara sauce, lemonade, as well as croutons for salads-all made from scratch daily. Pizza pies are from $8-$20. Slices are $3-$4. For pizza pie fans, try deep dish or thin crust done just right. Sauce to cheese ratio right, crust not too crisp or doughy. The menu is quite vast, with different combinations of pizza with typical American variety like chicken wings, mixed salads and spaghetti and meatballs.

Overall service was much to my liking. Attentive young cashier/hosts were friendly and efficient and got my order in adequate time. Will be coming back to Bella!

Favorite Dish: Margherita pizza- classic and always delicious- simply!

Yummy Sicilian slice, bella's , Pasadena, CA Bella's Pizzeria, Pasadena, CA

AltaEats: Located in North Pasadena

by GracesTrips Written Nov 3, 2013

This is an obscure restaurant in North Pasadena. There is no signage with the name of the restaurant on the outside. You just have to know it's there next to the cleaners. Our first experience wasn't great. The food looked good but everything was over salted. We may try again at some point but over salty food for wine drinkers is not a great experience. A group of us went and we ordered some appetizer and entrees. Everyone shares. The best dish was the rib eye steak which was a special not on the menu.

Paella, on the dryer side with rice Rib eye steak Pork belly, arugula salad with peach slices salad

Crossings: New Restaurant in Town

by GracesTrips Updated Dec 13, 2014

New restaurant in South Pasadena. The food is great and d├ęcor modern and comfortable. I ordered the black cod that was cooked perfectly. We usually bring our own wine but they have quite an extensive wine list. I will write more about it when I go back a second time.

• Wine Tasting

Ba: Wonderful Tiny Restaurant in Highland Park

by GracesTrips Written Jan 19, 2014

It's listed as a French restaurant but I think it's French fusion. It's refined and with a twist. Food is excellent! It's a tiny restaurant so taking a big group is not a good idea. It's cozy and not located in Pasadena. Just south of Pasadena is Highland Park. I list the restaurant here because most people would never think to eat in Highland Park. It's definitely worth going to.

Pop Champagne & Dessert Bar: Champagne & Dessert

by GracesTrips Written Jul 12, 2014

Located in the heart of Old Town Pasadena, this place is known for their champagne and variety of desserts. They also serve dinner but we came to meet friends for dessert. The basil ice cream was a hit! Who knew this could taste so good!

ARO Latin: Latin Cuisine Restaurant in So Pas

by GracesTrips Written Oct 3, 2014

We came with a fairly large group of people. I think there was 13 of us. So, between all of us, we ate quite a bit of food. The appetizers and main courses were all great. I especially liked the Chaufa de pollo (Peruvian fried rice with chicken). I ordered the Costillitas (baby back ribs). We started with the sweet corn appetizer, guacamole, ceviche, Some people ordered the slow cooked lamb shank. It was all quite delicious and would go back again!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Del Frisco's Grille: Steak House and Then Some!

by GracesTrips Updated Mar 5, 2015

We had a great experience at this restaurant. Our waitress was wonderful and accommodating. We went with 5 people and shared a number of dishes. Sausage flatbread on gluten free crust, grilled artichoke, corn chowder with crab (was amazingly delicious), quinoa kale salad, pork chop (smoky and perfectly cooked), short rib pasta, wedge salad.

Corn Chowder with crab Grilled Artichoke Pork Chop Quinoa kale salad Beef short rib on pasta

Bacchus Kitchen: Another Claud Beltran Restaurant

by GracesTrips Written Apr 29, 2015

Just opened in April 2015, the menu is a little disjointed right now. I think they are trying to get a feel for what works and what doesn't. We went with 6 people for dinner. We enjoyed a fabulous foie gras appetizer! I enjoyed my entree which was Spring mushroom & cheese tamales. It was tasty. But, I wondered why the mushrooms were there. Not typical in tamales. The artichoke barigoule & smoked sturgeon croquets were also very good. The chicken piccata (two orders were delivered to our table). One was delish, the other too salty. Typically, Claud makes fabulous food! He wasn't there that night. His other restaurant, the Eatery is amazingly good but only opened during the weekdays, not the weekend. I hope the cooking improves because we enjoy dining at Claud's restaurants.

Foie Gras Artichoke barigoule & smoked sturgeon croquets Lamb Belly

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

Green Street Restaurant: A comfortable, friendly place

by TempNomad Written Feb 26, 2005

We walked a long way to get here! There are burgers, pasta dishes, salads, and so on. It's a relaxed, pseudo-chic place with little attitude.

The burgers are big and cooked as you request. A friend got the wild mushroom quesadilla and she was very happy. I got a Cuban Pasta, and it was fine. I would have liked more capers - or flavor - however. They have a decent wine list, and some interesting desserts.

I'd go here if I wanted to get away from the scene of the main strip, or if I were stressed out. It's a calming atmosphere, and the servers were very helpful and friendly. It seems to be popular with a lot of locals. It was early when we went, and there were already a lot of people there.

Cuban Spaghetti

• Gaucho Grill: Argentine Food

by kcbrit Updated May 4, 2005

Great little restaurant with a good atmosphere and good food. rarely disappoints. If you like red meat this is a fine place to go. However, there are also dishes for those of us that don't eat the 4-legged kind of food. Casual atmosphere but gets busy at peak times.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Slater's 50/50: Bacon, Bacon, Bacon!

by GracesTrips Written Apr 16, 2014

This restaurant is known for their 50 percent ground beef mixed with 50 percent bacon hamburger patty. Since, we had not tried it and it's usually super busy (they do not take reservations), we were there at an opportune time.

Well, the meat patty itself was not great. The texture is quite dense, almost a processed meat quality which was not appealing. However, the components you can add (custom make) to your burger was pretty good such as Swiss cheese, avocado mash, bacon thousand island dressing. My boyfriend and I chose to have the lettuce wrap instead of bun. My daughter has been here before and wanted some lighter to eat so she ordered the quesadillas.

If I were to go back, I would order a regular beef burger and add bacon strips to it. That's the best!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Union Restaurant: Great Food, Small Place!

by GracesTrips Written Apr 16, 2014

New, tiny restaurant in town. The food is fantastic (this will be our little secret)! I think they change the menu often. On our visit we had the brussel sprouts and a creamy salt cod concoction with black truffles with crostinis for our appetizers. I ordered the butternut squash ravioli with truffles (delish)! Others ordered the Tagliatelle with pork head & shoulder ragu, gremolata, pork roast and pork belly.

We will definitely go back again soon!

Briganti Restaurant: Cozy Italian Restaurant

by GracesTrips Written Aug 3, 2012

My favorite Italian restaurant is Celestino's in Pasadena. But, sometimes you gotta try other Italian restaurants because you just never know. Brigante's was very good. I'm not sure it tops my list but we had a very good experience. This restaurant is located in South Pasadena and the interior is all wood and feeling like you are in Italy. The food was tasty! They have a large truffle menu - risotto, pastas, steaks all with shaved truffle. I ordered the fettucini with truffle and it was delicious. Served me so much that I couldn't eat it all.

I think I would go back if my friends would like to dine there again. It was worth it!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Maximilliano: Trendy Hotspot Good Food Inexpensive!

by GracesTrips Updated Dec 13, 2014

Cool atmosphere, lots of young adults, food is very reasonable and delicious, I would call it Nouveau Italian or Italian Fusion because some of their entrees have a slight twist. The fennel appetizer is wonderful! Pasta and Pizza are excellent!

The restaurant is actually located in Highland Park a borough of Los Angeles but just south of Pasadena. Plan on using valet parking, there is no place to park over there. At least, the valet parking is reasonable.

Instant Answers: Pasadena

Comments

Pasadena Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pasadena restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pasadena sightseeing.