Pasadena Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Pasadena

Ba: Wonderful Tiny Restaurant in Highland Park

by GracesTrips Written Jan 19, 2014

It's listed as a French restaurant but I think it's French fusion. It's refined and with a twist. Food is excellent! It's a tiny restaurant so taking a big group is not a good idea. It's cozy and not located in Pasadena. Just south of Pasadena is Highland Park. I list the restaurant here because most people would never think to eat in Highland Park. It's definitely worth going to.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Slater's 50/50: Bacon, Bacon, Bacon!

by GracesTrips Written Apr 16, 2014

This restaurant is known for their 50 percent ground beef mixed with 50 percent bacon hamburger patty. Since, we had not tried it and it's usually super busy (they do not take reservations), we were there at an opportune time.

Well, the meat patty itself was not great. The texture is quite dense, almost a processed meat quality which was not appealing. However, the components you can add (custom make) to your burger was pretty good such as Swiss cheese, avocado mash, bacon thousand island dressing. My boyfriend and I chose to have the lettuce wrap instead of bun. My daughter has been here before and wanted some lighter to eat so she ordered the quesadillas.

If I were to go back, I would order a regular beef burger and add bacon strips to it. That's the best!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Union Restaurant: Great Food, Small Place!

by GracesTrips Written Apr 16, 2014

New, tiny restaurant in town. The food is fantastic (this will be our little secret)! I think they change the menu often. On our visit we had the brussel sprouts and a creamy salt cod concoction with black truffles with crostinis for our appetizers. I ordered the butternut squash ravioli with truffles (delish)! Others ordered the Tagliatelle with pork head & shoulder ragu, gremolata, pork roast and pork belly.

We will definitely go back again soon!

• pharsadi's Profile Photo

Bodega: Good wine, Good friends, Good times

by pharsadi Written Nov 14, 2006
    Taken from http://www.bodegawinebar.com

This place is quite unique and has a very good relaxing ambiance. The waitresses are nice and friendly. Their motto about wine is "We like to drink wine. Not so much sniff it, stare at it, swirl it or try to describe it with funny words... but mostly just drink it". I dont know anything about wine, but it a good place to just chill and relax with friends. It's open seating, so it's a good place to find new friends as well. They do have finger foods here as well, but I did not try them when I went there. Wine is $8 / glass, and they have a variety of them.

• Wine Tasting

• HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Ritz-Carlton: Adequate but overpriced

by HarmoniousBotch Updated Dec 22, 2007

The cooks at the Ritz-Carlton seem to have no sense of proportion. On two occasions they almost produce some fine food, but they always manage to burden it with something else that does not match.

We started with a crab soup and crab roll appetizer. The roll was very good, but the soup was a disappointment. It had way too much chili in it.
    The three tapas appetizer was adequate.

The first entree was cod and stuffed calimari in a saffron sauce. The sauce completely overpowered the cod. The calimari stuffed with swiss chard was excellent - the only part of dinner that was the quality one expects from the Ritz. The second entree, beef with mushroom tart, was unremarkable.

My wife had a glass of chianti which she decribed as 'mediocre'. She did not bother to finish it.

After five chances, we decided to not let them disappoint us any further and skipped dessert. The bill was 180 before a tip ( this included water at 16 dollars a bottle )

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Madres: Good Puerto Rican and Cuban Food

by malianrob Updated Feb 17, 2006

I love Cuban and Puerto Rican food so i really wanted to try Jennifer Lopez Restaurant. I had heard that the food was pretty good but slightly more expensive than most Cuban Restaurants. I needed to check it out for myself. First of all the service was excellent. Talk about attention to detail! The main dinning room appears to look more like dinning at someones house rather than a restaurant. The only down side was that the tables are so close together in order to accomodate as many people as possible.
    In the other room where the main bar is located there seems to be much more privacy. The place is very classy and reservations are recommended because it does get full in there.
    Happy hour is from 5pm to 7pm where drinks and appetizers are served. The appetizers include empanadas filled with chicken, beef or asparagus & ricotta cheese. There are others but these were my favorite. Also the papas rellenas were very delicious.
    Madres is great for a romantic dinner with your sweetie or like on the day we went, they do accomodate big groups of people.

Favorite Dish: I dont think theres just one thing that i liked here. there were so many good dishes but they are know for their Ropa Vieja (shredded beef, marinated) of course white rice with black beans. The fricase de pollo is also very tasty (chicken simmered in spanish wine cooked with potatoes. I loved the maduros (fried sweet plantains) and i had as an appetizer the pastelon. The pastelon was huge and is served as a meal too. The pastelon is made with sweet plantains, picadillo ground beef and eggs. This is a traditional Puerto Rican delight! And it is sooooo yummy.
    Try the mojitos also.

• bellemichelle's Profile Photo

The Raymond Restaurant: A Piece of History in Pasadena

by bellemichelle Written Apr 25, 2006

The food is fantastic and the wine list is exceptional. This restaurant is one of the oldest establishments in Pasadena - its a restored craftsman house that evokes the feeling of traditional pasadena architecture and homey-ness. Pasadena now has the most restaurants per capita than any other city in Los Angeles, and this one is off the beaten path and really stands out. The secret here is that the restaurant offers 1/2 off bottles of wine on Tuesday nights and they have an amazing wine list- very worth going to. This is a great secret of Pasadena!

Favorite Dish: Everything is awesome- salmon is particularly good.

• happyalways's Profile Photo

Mi Piace: È vero, mi piace!

by happyalways Written Apr 26, 2006
    Stockholm 62, SideCar, and French Martini!

Comfortable seating (tables and chairs can be moved to accomodate any size group) in a classy setting. Best known for shaken martinis (they also have a FANTASTIC happy hour) and pasta...everything we've tried has been delicious!

Favorite Dish: Favorite "dish" would be the Stockholm 62 Martini

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

Green Street Restaurant: A comfortable, friendly place

by TempNomad Written Feb 26, 2005
    Cuban Spaghetti

We walked a long way to get here! There are burgers, pasta dishes, salads, and so on. It's a relaxed, pseudo-chic place with little attitude.

The burgers are big and cooked as you request. A friend got the wild mushroom quesadilla and she was very happy. I got a Cuban Pasta, and it was fine. I would have liked more capers - or flavor - however. They have a decent wine list, and some interesting desserts.

I'd go here if I wanted to get away from the scene of the main strip, or if I were stressed out. It's a calming atmosphere, and the servers were very helpful and friendly. It seems to be popular with a lot of locals. It was early when we went, and there were already a lot of people there.

• Gaucho Grill: Argentine Food

by kcbrit Updated May 4, 2005

Great little restaurant with a good atmosphere and good food. rarely disappoints. If you like red meat this is a fine place to go. However, there are also dishes for those of us that don't eat the 4-legged kind of food. Casual atmosphere but gets busy at peak times.

AltaEats: Located in North Pasadena

by GracesTrips Written Nov 3, 2013
    Paella, on the dryer side with rice

This is an obscure restaurant in North Pasadena. There is no signage with the name of the restaurant on the outside. You just have to know it's there next to the cleaners. Our first experience wasn't great. The food looked good but everything was over salted. We may try again at some point but over salty food for wine drinkers is not a great experience. A group of us went and we ordered some appetizer and entrees. Everyone shares. The best dish was the rib eye steak which was a special not on the menu.

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo

Russell's Hamburgers: Hamburgers and more in Old Town

by pigletsmom Updated Mar 6, 2005

The burgers look a lot like this

Nothing fancy, but really good. Much cheaper than other restaurants in Old Town Pasadena.

Favorite Dish: Great burgers and omelettes. I think their turkey burgers are really tasty.

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo

Ghidelli Chocolate Ice Cream Shop: Chocolate & Ice Cream

by pigletsmom Written Mar 6, 2005

A sweet place to rest

This store sells Ghiradelli chocalates, plus has an old fashioned soda fountain. Tons of sundaes to choose from.

Favorite Dish: The sundaes looked really good. I'm allergic to chocolate.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Wahoo's Fish Taco: So Many Other Places to Eat but...

by GracesTrips Updated Sep 4, 2009
    Fish taco plate with white rice and black beans

You may like this kind of food. It's not exactly Mexican but closer to that than anything else. Food is okay, I had better but it's not bad and they give you plenty!

• Yubert's Profile Photo

This is not the World Cafe but close...: BBQ in Pasadena

by Yubert Written Jan 1, 2003

On New years Eve, the city of Pasadena permit people to use barbecue grills on the street curb. so you can cook whatever foods you'd like plus keep yourself warm.

Instant Answers: Pasadena

Comments

Pasadena Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pasadena restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pasadena sightseeing.