Paso Robles Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Paso Robles

Artisan: #12 Restaurant - International, Local Growers

by GracesTrips Updated May 21, 2014
    Wild Boar and Pig Cheek

Used to be located at 1401 Park Street but has since moved. See address below. At the previous location there was six of us for dinner and it was all delicious! The wild boar and pig cheek entree was extremely good. I was able to have a bite though it was not what I ordered. I had the duck breast and confit leg entree with quinoa. Very yummy. All the dishes went well with wine. Ambiance is upbeat. The tables are tightly together but the staff manages to maneuver around quite well. I would definitely consider dining here again.

Villa Creek Restaurant: #24 Restaurant - Disappointment

by GracesTrips Updated May 21, 2014

The restaurant is located in the heart of the city center, across from the park. We were looking forward to a nice dining experience. We started with ordering some sparkling water. Yeeeyukkk! The water was surgary sweet. Not sure why - but mentioned it to the waitress and without checking it, she exclaimed that this is all they had. Wow, already off to a bad start on the service. The hatch chile appetizer with pork, queso fresco topped with a fried egg with some tiny tortillas. The dish was good but the hatch chiles from New Mexico should have been more flavorful. For our entrees, we ordered the Short Rib Bourguignon with red wine demi-glace, roasted potatoes, baby carrots, brussels sprouts, pearl onions and the Pork Chop with sauer kraut. Both dishes were very flavorful but extremely salty. Salt can, literally, ruin your palate especially if you're drinking wine. Not a great experience. Corkage was $20. There are too many great restaurants in Paso to waste your time here. However, I do feel it's important to post my review. Maybe it was an off day. Not sure if we would dine here again.

Estrella: #2 Restaurant - Spanish Food

by GracesTrips Updated May 17, 2014
    Braised Beef Enchilada

Located right in the heart of the city center across from the park. Very nice Spanish décor. The appetizer selections are unique. We ordered the yucca fries which chimchurri sauce and the crispy masa cakes with chicken and chipotle tomatillo salsa, sour cream and spicy slaw. All tasted great. I ordered the chili rellenos with carnitas and my boyfriend ordered the braised beef enchiladas. The rellenos were excellent! Served with black beans and a delicious cominos rice. The rellenos had a very crispy batter with an avocado salsa drizzled over them with queso fresco. The braised beef enchilada had a very tasty red sauce with rice and whole pinto beans cooked with pork. Everything was quite delicious. The yucca fries were a bit dry, not seasoned enough and not as crispy as I would have liked. So, I would pass on them next time. Over all, really enjoyed the food.

Second Press Wine Bar and Restaurant: New in Town - Not Rated

by GracesTrips Updated Jan 30, 2014
    New York Strip

On our visit in November 2013, we happen to over hear about a new restaurant in town. The executive chef was working at Robert's which is a great restaurant. So, I was curious. She made reservations for us. It was the very first weekend they were open. So, it was chaotic and food was running out. Beautiful restaurant and I'm sure they will work out the kinks and our next visit will be good. On this particular evening it was a 3 course meal for $30. Appetizers we ordered was Ahi tuna on tortilla chips with avocado and a teriyaki type sauce and cheese croquettes with Manchego, Gouda and Blue cheese. They were delicious. I ordered the stuffed flank steak entrée with French fries. Fries were super crispy like potato chips! Great! But, the flank steak was tough, a little hard to cut with a butter knife. My boyfriend ordered the New York steak which was cut into strips served with Au Gratin Potatoes. Also, a bit tough, but also served cold. Upon our complaint the manager said they would bring another dish but we were worried it would take too long and said it was okay. They waived our corkage fee which was appreciated. They ran out of dessert and what they did manage to put together really wasn't edible.

It sounds like a horrible experience but it wasn't. There was some musical entertainment. Since, it was a new restaurant, people from out of town wouldn't have known. All the locals were dining here that night and it was great to see the community coming together, everyone knowing one another and supporting the new restaurant.

Second visit in January 2014 was great! We brought our friends, 10 of us had dinner here. Our waitress, Madonna, was wonderful. The best dish was the New York Strip. I ordered the chicken and it was cooked perfectly, not dry - juicy. But, I wasn't too crazy about the red pepper sauce with my dish. It did not compliment the delicate flavor of the chicken. The lobster pizza was amazingly good!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Buona Tavola: #11 Restaurant - Italian Really Great!

by GracesTrips Written Nov 2, 2013

Definitely should make reservations if it is a Friday or Saturday evening. The place was packed even at 8pm. We really enjoyed the food at this restaurant. Bread is brought to the table with an olive tapenade. Make sure to ask for olive oil and balsamic. They use the most flavorful extra virgin olive oil, green in color, very tasty. We started with the carpaccio with arugula and shaved parmesan. For my entrée, I ordered the Tortelloni alla Piemontese stuff with roasted veal, spinach, and prosciutto in a porcini mushroom tomato sauce. It was more like ravioli, very delicious! My boyfriend ordered the Fettuccine al sugo di carni miste had a Bolognese type sauce with slowly braised chicken, duck, veal, and beef. Also, very good.

Yes, I think we will come back to this restaurant when we are in town again!

Touch of Paso: Panolivo has a better breakfast

by GracesTrips Written May 19, 2013

After considering trying something new, we decided to have breakfast here. It was not great. My boyfriend ordered something called the "Mix up" and he said it was very greasy. The hash brown potatoes were soggy and coffee was bland in flavor. I ordered the Huevos Rancheros. It tasted okay, definitely better than the "Mix up" but the tortillas were not fried - just placed at the bottom of the plate. I would not recommend this place. I only make the post so you know not to go.

The place was clean and bright.

• tvdandy's Profile Photo

Springside Restaurant: Big old fashioned breakfast

by tvdandy Written May 23, 2012
    Springside Restaurant, Paso Robles

This is a small restaurant located on the outskirts of downtown on Spring Street. Great atmosphere for old fashioned home cooked meals. I had a nice hearty breakfast

Favorite Dish: Ham and Cheese omelet which was huge!

Amsterdam Coffee House: #7 Restaurant - Really Good Coffee

by GracesTrips Written Apr 6, 2012

We saw this small, interesting little coffee house as we were driving through town. My boyfriend immediately looks over at me and says he wants to have breakfast there in the morning. The breakfast menu isn't too extensive. Breakfast sandwich or a breakfast burrito. They have muffins and pastries, too. But the coffee...was amazingly good! In fact, the following days we had breakfast at Panolivo Bakery and one of our friends stopped in at Amsterdam Coffee House to get his coffee there and met us for breakfast at Panolivo. Well worth stopping in!

Il Cortile Ristorante: #1 Restaurant in Paso - Italian Cuisine

by GracesTrips Updated Mar 21, 2012

What a great way to end our weekend with an excellent, authentic Italian dinner! A tiny place, well lit and knowledgeable waiter. He helped us save some money on our corkage as we had brought some wine with us. We did have some appetizers. I remember sharing a salad with my boyfriend and it was wonderful. One of our friends ordered the grilled octopus and it was very tasty. The entrees were amazing. I ordered the special pasta, spaghetti with lobster tossed with tomatoes and it was fantastic. My boyfriend ordered the lamb shank (photo on my Paso Robles travel page), my girlfriend ordered the osso bucco, another friend joined us and ordered the duck breast. And, Russ, said he ate the best risotto he ever had. I would definitely come back here again. What a treat!

• Luxury Travel

Robert's Restaurant: #3 Restaurant - Modern American Cuisine

by GracesTrips Written Mar 21, 2012

So, four of us dined at this restaurant and it lived up to it's expectations! Located in downtown Paso, easy to get to from our hotel. We all ordered something different and we tasting what everyone had. It was quite delicious. Ahi Poke salad, New York Strip, Rib Eye, Short Rib and Ahi Tuna entree. It was all very good!

• Luxury Travel

Thomas Hill Organics Market Bistro & Wine Bar: #4 Restaurant - Healty, Organic

by GracesTrips Written Mar 21, 2012

This is a different kind of restaurant. Organically grown produce and meat is what they are known for. The food was good. I ordered something I have never ordered before - the monkfish. A little spongy for my liking but was tasty. And, they gave you plenty. I couldn't eat all of it. My boyfriend ordered the lamb and it was served on a GIANT bed of vegetables. Not sure I would go back to this restaurant. There are quite a few good ones in town!

Panolivo Family Bistro & Bakery: #20 Restaurant - Best Breakfast & Pastries

by GracesTrips Written Mar 21, 2012

Located in downtown Paso Robles, we ate here a few times during our 4 day weekend stay. We had lunch and a couple of breakfasts here. Lunch was a crab cake salad and a sandwich with salad. Ummm, ummm, good! Breakfast was pastries, eggs benedict, oatmeal and omelets. And, don't just order regular coffee (though it's very good) but you can order a latte and it is great!

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Villa Creek: Upscale Southwestern California Cuisine

by TRimer Updated Apr 4, 2011

This recommendation came from the folks at the Zenaida tasting room. We went to check out the menu and compared it to Artisan- which is supposedly THE place to dine in downtown Paso. We decided to make a reservation for the next night and we were not disappointed. While we sat inside (it was after all 90 degrees outside at 8pm), they do have a lovely outside garden area in the back. We had a lovely experience after a full day of wine tasting.

Now that I am back home I have read some of the reviews of the restaurant. I want to say - Paso is a sleepy cowboy town. We walked around the night before and all the shops were closed after 5pm. So for those reviewers who were comparing the restaurant to ones in LA or NYC- I say please. Villa Creek fits Paso. If it were as the reviewers say it would be too stuffy and would not fit in this town.

Favorite Dish: According to our waitress the menu changes seasonally. The emphasis is definately on fresh ingredients. I started with the cheese plate which included toasted almonds. I then had the butternut squash enchiladas which were very rich and filling. Even Joe who does not care for squash ate some of it. He had a lovely veal chop and was very happy.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Farmstand 46: Pack up a lunch

by Roadquill Updated Jan 13, 2011

Farmstand 46

Farmstand 46, located on Hwy 36, just West of the 101, is an excellent place to put together a gourmet picnic lunch in preparation for your daily winetasting activities, or simply to get a great lunch. Specialing in organic foods grown locally, the sandwiches were great and the salads were creative and tasty. They use fresh picked veggies and herbs from their garden next to the deli.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Il Cortile: Italian Dining

by Roadquill Updated Jan 13, 2011

Located in the old downtown area, a group of 10 of us enjoyed a very good meal. The price is on the high side for Paso, but the food was very good as well as the service. I very diverse menu from grilled octopus to boar and rabbit. They also have a mozzarela tasting plate. I enjoyed a chefs prix fix menu, with proscuitto over polenta. The meals were all well presented. The wine list features a good selection of local vinters as well as Italian.

Instant Answers: Paso Robles

Comments

Paso Robles Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Paso Robles restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Paso Robles sightseeing.