Paso Robles Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Paso Robles

Wine Tasting at Clautiere Vineyard

by GracesTrips Written Apr 25, 2015

Well what can I say. I expected (as most wineries) a beautiful, serene, peaceful ambience to take in the wine's complexities. But, WOW, it was like party central! Two groups of women celebrating their bachelorette parties, cackling, laughing, screaming, group photos. Hmm, it really took away from our wine tasting. It was hard to concentrate on the wines or were the wines not so great and didn't enjoy. All the wines were very fruity. We mostly enjoy wines with layers of flavors from smell, taste, mouth feel and finish. If those elements are not there, we're not too interested. But, we understand there are MANY people who enjoy the fruitier wines, "To each his own" is very true in enjoying wine.

Wine Tasting at Aaron Wines

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 25, 2015

Tasting is available at the winery Friday-Sunday 11am-5:30pm or by prior appointment. They didn't have very much for us to taste. Seems they are a very small production winery and most were sold out or wines only for their club members. What we did taste was okay. We didn't buy any. In fact, none of our friends bought wine. It's worth trying since the tasting room is located amongst many tasting rooms in this area.

Wine Tasting at Clos Solene

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 25, 2015

Wine tasting is by appointment only. Guillaume is the wine maker and owner. His background is pretty impressive. The wines we tasted were young and good. But, great? I'm not sure. It's hard to anticipate how they will evolve. And, for the price ($90+) a bottle, we were reluctant to buy. If they were priced between $40-$60 maybe we would have been willing to invest but even that much for wine you're not blown away by is a lot. We may go back just to check it out. But, there are sooo many good wines in Paso and always new winemakers in play and there are always our favorites we go back to over and over again.

Wine Tasting at Nicora

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 25, 2015

Wine tastings are by appointment only. The winemaker is young and this is his own label incorporating his name with his grandfather's name Nick and Ora. He has worked with other well known wine makers in the region and leases sections of vineyards in Paso. The wines were good but still young. We did buy some. It will be great to see how these wines evolve. Looks promising! We'll definitely keep our eye on how he progresses.

Wine Tasting at Red Soles

by GracesTrips Updated Oct 31, 2014

This was probably one of my least favorite wineries. It's okay and quite affordable. But, nothing really stood out for us. We did meet a very nice gal, Jayna, who doesn't normally work there (just happened she was helping them out that day). She revealed a new restaurant in town, Second Press, and made dinner reservations for us. I did buy a Christmas ornament, a red wine glass that says Ho, Ho, Ho.

Open Daily 11am-5pm

Wine Tasting at Michael Gill

by GracesTrips Updated Oct 30, 2014

Our first visit in October 2014 just because it's close to Law Estates. Was very glad we stopped here. The wines were very good. I really enjoyed their Tempranillo and I also bought a Viogner which is a white wine. The tasting room decor was filled with animals!

Olive Oil Tasting in Paso Robles - Pasolivo

by GracesTrips Updated Oct 30, 2014

For a change of pace, we did some olive oil tasting! Some of it was really good! I bought the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the black labeled can and some of the Lemon Olive Oil in the yellow labeled can. The Lemon, I use right now, for dressing my salads is really, really good. I first used the oil, then salt and pepper. I toss the salad, then add a splash of red wine vinegar so it doesn't over power the oil and it's delicious!

I visited again in 2014 to buy some more Lemon Olive Oil. But, the price was about double!. I decided it was better to buy olive oil in town at We Olive.

Wine Tasting at Tobin James Cellers

by GracesTrips Updated Oct 30, 2014

We had never heard of Tobin James but friends of ours were coming up from LA that morning and suggested we meet here. Uhhh, I would not go out of my way to taste wine here. But the premises are very interesting to see. When we arrived as they opened that morning, you could see they were ready for bus loads of people to show up. Glasses and wine tasting menu all set to go on many, many bar areas inside. Lots of knick knacks for sale. I would skip this one unless you like this sorta place.

Wine Tasting at Stanger

by GracesTrips Updated Oct 30, 2014

Stanger has actually two tasting rooms and no winery. The other tasting room is located at 5225 California 41 Paso Robles, CA 93446. Tasting room is shared with Poalillo at the Vineyard Drive location. Make sure you know which side you want to taste because you will pay for tasting the side you are on. The Stanger wines were good. We especially liked the 2009 Tempranillo Library Reserve. Opened daily at 11am.

Wine Tasting at Linne Calodo

by GracesTrips Updated Oct 30, 2014

I was sooo looking forward to this wine tasting. Linne Calodo seemed to be getting high ratings for their wines. Tasting is by appointment only and if they have any wines to taste. Sometime, they are completely out. Tasting is $20 a person. You can even try to get into the estate because it is gated. When you make your appointment, they will give you the gate code. The facility is beautiful. A wonder in architecture and you can tell money was spent here. But...the wine we tasted wasn't great. Almost as if they were not ready. Maybe bottled to soon or release too soon. Not sure where the high ratings come from. Some people we spoke with said their quality has diminished. I would not make the visit again unless someone share a bottle and it was really good. Beautiful place to see though!

Wine Tasting at Hammersky

by GracesTrips Updated Oct 30, 2014

I just happen upon a wine magazine and saw a blurb about Hammersky. I don't remember exactly what drew me to it but after asking a wine store owner, she said you should see it. It's beautiful but the wines are okay.

And, as she described it, the premises were just beautiful! The ground squirrels were frolicking about (by the way are not good for the grapes) and the weather was slightly breezy and sunny. We enjoyed the ambience and the guys tasted the wine and it was mediocre. Oh well. We still thought it was worth the stop.

Open Thursday - Sunday 11am - 5pm.

Wine Tasting at Justin

by GracesTrips Updated Oct 30, 2014

One of the most well known wineries in Paso is Justin. Justin Vineyards is a large producer and their wines can be found in most wine retail stores. Their best wine and priced as such is the Isosceles. We tasted other wines during our tasting and we were actually disappointed. When there are so many great vineyards in Paso, we expected the Justin wines to be comparable. And, don't expect a break when you buy wines here. Buy your wine online or in the wine store (Total Wine). FYI, this is my personal opinion. I know there are many fans of Justin wines. Additional story - we went to dinner in Pasadena a few weeks ago. The table next to us was just two guys with a magnum of Justin Savant. Unbelievably, the two of them drank the whole bottle!

Open daily 10am-4:30pm

Wine Tasting at Eberle Winery

by GracesTrips Updated Oct 30, 2014

We had never heard of Eberle Winery but stopped in because it was on the way to another wine tasting we had appointment with. Outside appearances looked very nice but inside...Wow, what a mess! Well, the reason I say that is because they have a lot of stuff to show you including numerous awards they have received. A window that allows you to see some of the wine making facility and other knick knacks for sale.

After having said that, the wine tasting was mediocre. They did have a few good ones and my boyfriend did buy some wine. It's worth the stop if you are in this area.

Open daily 10am - 5pm October - March, 10am - 6pm April - September.

Wine Tasting at Opolo

by GracesTrips Updated Oct 30, 2014

I was looking forward to visiting Opolo. They make a great Mountain Zinfandel that is available in most places. So, I was hoping we would get to taste some other wines not sold in our area. However, it was a disappointment. The wine was so so. Nice facility! You may want to plan on having a bite here if it is the weekend. As, I had posted on the Cass tip, not too many wineries offer up food. Opolo does.

Open daily 10am - 5pm. Patio pairings Saturday & Sunday 11am - 4pm.

Wine Tasting at Tablas Creek

by GracesTrips Updated Oct 30, 2014

I wasn't too impressed with this winery. The wines were not bad but not outstanding either. Beautiful wine tasting room and patio area if you just want to hang out and enjoy a picnic. But, you can do that at Adelaida Cellars or, even better, hang out at Daou! Tablas Creek is opened daily 10am - 5pm.

Instant Answers: Paso Robles

Comments

Paso Robles Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Paso Robles things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Paso Robles sightseeing.