Pismo Beach Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Pismo Beach

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Two Blocks Off the Beach: For Something Unique

by KimberlyAnn Updated Apr 26, 2007

Two Blocks Off the Beach has a dark ceiling, which even in the daylight, gives it a dark atmosphere. Add the candlelight, and it is quite pleasant. The restaurant features some Italian dishes, including Panini sandwiches. What led us to the restaurant, however, were our noses. We could smell the wonderful smoky smell wafting out of the restaurant. We poked our heads in the door, and found out that they were cooking a weekend special, slow roasted, and smoked prime rib. This prime rib is wood smoked with used Cabernet wine casts they get from a California winery. It wasn’t a Saturday night, but they were experimenting with serving it all week because it is so popular, for this reason it was not listed on their menu. This excellent, and unusual prime rib was not the tenderest prime rib I have ever had, but it was reasonably tender, and the slightly smoked flavor made it delightful. I say slightly smoked, as even though they begin roasting this dish in the morning, the smoked flavor did not overpower the flavor of the meat. The dinner came with a tasty serving of garlic potatoes, and a salad. The restaurant offers a sizeable collection of local wines by the bottle or the glass.

Favorite Dish: Our favorite dish was the prime rib, I don’t know if they will keep having it every night, but if they have it when you are there, give it a try. You won’t find this anywhere else, and it might not be listed on their menu, so ask, or let your nose find the way. I have also been told that the Bruschetta is very good, but we did not try it.

Two Blocks Off the Beach

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Splash Cafe: A Beach Atmosphere

by KimberlyAnn Updated Apr 26, 2007

The Splash Café is a small, casual, very popular café with a southern California beach feel to it. We went early, and it was so crowded, we barely found a table. Soon after we arrived, people were lining up outside, and standing in the café eyeing diners to see who was about to leave. One weekend we saw a long line stretching down the sidewalk of people waiting to get in. We ate at the Splash Café twice while we were in the area, and enjoyed it both times. Good food at reasonable prices. The first time we had clam chowder, calamari, and curly fires they call chips. The second time we had clam chowder, I had shrimp and chips, and my husband had clam strips. They advertise that they serve more than 15,000 gallons of clam chowder a year. Besides fried fish and seafood, you can also get fish tacos and sandwiches, steamers, burgers, hot dogs, chicken, chili, deli type sandwiches, and salads. The only dessert they offer is Bread Pudding. Although they do not have a full bar, you can get beer and wine.

Favorite Dish: Splash Café is famous for their award wining clam chowder. The café has received requests from Gourmet and Bon Appetit magazines for their clam chowder recipe. I have to be honest, however, the first time we went, it was quite average. The second time we went, we decided to give the chowder a second chance, and it was just excellent. We figured maybe we had a scoop off the top the first time, and the clams had settled to the bottom of the pot. I would definitely have the chowder again.

Splash Cafe Painting on the side of the Splash Cafe.

• Acore_Beauty_4_U_Luv's Profile Photo

F. Mc Lintocks: Yehaaaa! Great Saloon & Dining House

by Acore_Beauty_4_U_Luv Updated Jan 21, 2007

If you are in, or passing through the Five Cities area and are in the mood for a steak, this is the place to stop at. This is an excellent restaurant with a Western motiff. Pull up a chair, sit and enjoy!
    The old "general store" atmosphere of the gift shop will take you back to the turn of the century.
    Mon~Thurs 4:30-10:00
    Fri 4:00-10:00
    Sat 3:00-10:30
    Sun 3:00-9:30

Favorite Dish: Filet Mignon and Lobster...Mmmmmm.

• rafgys's Profile Photo

Old Vienna Restaurant and Beer Garden: Austrian and German food in California!!

by rafgys Written Nov 16, 2006

If you are driving down or up the highway 1 or the 101 ... you must make a quick stop and have something at the Old Vienna in Pismo (CA). The town itself is like a sufing kind of town... nice and cool... but this place is something different.

They have a small but good selection of German beers, and since they are Germans... they know what they are talking about.

Favorite Dish: In my case... I only stop by to have a beer (although I ended up having more than one)... but they gave me a couple of pretzels with some fresh mustard. They were unbelievable!! Delicious! The best pretzels I've ever had!! They were right off the oven... awesome stuff!

I didn't eat 'cauce I just wanted to get to LA... but their menu looked great!

• Beer Tasting

• tvdandy's Profile Photo

The Splash Cafe: Awesome Clam Chowder

by tvdandy Written Jan 2, 2006

The Splash Cafe right in the middle of the strip has, hands down, the best Clam Chowder I have ever tasted. I can have a bowl and it fills me up like dinner!. The chowder is served in these breaded bowls which you can eat afterwards. Huge portions and priced right. The servers are hot, classic california babes. My oh my!

• Fat Cats at Port San Luis: THE best breakfast in Pismo and area

by fixnbonz Written Oct 3, 2005

Setting is at the pier at Port San Luis. Outdoors. Protected by the wind. Very friendly staff. Hands down best Bacon and Avacado Omlette, or Pork and salsa verde Omlette. Mimosas. Being a breakfast fanatic, this one is my all time fav. Stroll down on the pier after breakfast and watch some sealions. A very memorable experience.

• Eco-Tourism

• Acore_Beauty_4_U_Luv's Profile Photo

Splash Cafe: Best Clam Chowder in the world

by Acore_Beauty_4_U_Luv Written Sep 19, 2003

World famous Clam Chowder Served in the Original Sourdough Bread Bowl, Fresh Steamed Clams, Fish and Chips, Burgers, Dogs, Calamari and Lots More! Take Out Available. Nothing on the Menu Over $5.75.

~Small, clean, noisey, fun. Mmmmm Delicious food!

Favorite Dish: Calamari and Chips :)

Splash Cafe

Instant Answers: Pismo Beach

Comments

Pismo Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pismo Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pismo Beach sightseeing.