Rancho Cucamonga Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Rancho Cucamonga

Fish Company Restaurant: Mediocre Fish Restaurant

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 4, 2011

The ambience is pretty nice. The restaurant is connected to the humongus, gigantic Bass Pro Shop with it's log cabin inspired design. The restaurant features several life size fish hanging from the ceiling including Tuna, a Great White Shark, Swordfish, Trout, etc. A huge actual aquarium in the restaurant with tropical fish is impressive. Menu features surf and turf type meals. Nothing special. No trout (that was disappointing!). I ordered the Mahi Mahi Chardonnay dinner. It was alright. The seasonal vegetables were carrots and green beans. Cooked until the flavor was all gone and then frozen and reheated. The rice was actually pretty good. A big piece of Mahi Mahi was fresh and slightly overcooked with a cream sauce and fresh tomato and sliced endive was okay.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant: What a surprise~

by Yaqui Updated Nov 7, 2010

I didn't know that Bass Pro has restaurants. I walk in and took a look around. What a neat place with a huge fish tank in the background. Checkout the links and story.

Islamorada Fish Company Menu

Neat story about the Islamorada Fish Company

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Rancho Victoria Food Hall: Eye Catching~

by Yaqui Updated Nov 7, 2010

This is very lovely food mall. Not too many impress me, but they incorporated some of the wonderful local history into the decor of this building. Really beautiful building with some really good choices of places to eat from. Outside is a patio to sit and a playground for the kids or maybe an adult or two:)

From the web site:

Great Khan's
    Phone: (909) 899-8166

Hot Dog On A Stick
    Hot Dog on a Stick has become an American icon, serving delicious food for more than fifty-five years across the country. Our sizzling Hot Dogs on a Stick and Cheese on a Stick are both dipped in cornmeal batter and cooked to golden perfection. Our famous lemonade, made fresh every two hours, is offered in original, cherry, lime and sugar-free. We also offer our thirst-quenching lemonade in a gallon To-go jug. Our brightly uniformed employees provide exceptional customer service in our store's welcoming atmosphere! Visit us today to experience fun dining and "Stick a Smile on your Face"!
    Phone: (909) 899-1446

Panda Express
    Panda Express is committed to being the world leader in quality Chinese food service.
    Phone: (909) 899-1918

Quiznos
    Phone: (909) 803-8600

Sbarro
    Whole pizzas, pizza by the slice, spaghetti, lasagna and salads are all specialties of Sbarro’s. Treat yourself to a great meal and try one of our daily specials.
    Phone: (909) 646-9663

Tokyo Grill
    Phone: (909) 463-3922

If you look at the link it will show you where the Food Hall is at.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Pho Ha: Vietnamese food is the bomb!

by GracesTrips Written May 21, 2009

I sometimes think there is just not enough Vietnamese restaurants in SoCal. But I guess that depends on the city. SoCal tends to be divided up by ethnicities so I'm sure there are a ton of Vietnamese restaurants in Santa Ana, CA. Anyway, in Rancho Cucamonga, I only know of this one. I often read the lengthy menus and always end up ordering the same thing I have had before because it's really, really good. A vermicelli (Bun) combo with charbroiled pork. Sometimes with eggrolls and/or shrimp. The descriptions are often vague and you really don't know what all comes with it. So, the combo I order has bean sprouts, lettuce, basil, mint, peanuts, pickled cucumbers, carrots, white radish green onions, cilantro, fish sauce, thin white noodles (vermicelli) and the pork. The vegetables are hidden under the noodles so don't worry at first glance, you think, how am I gonna eat all this food?! Definitely, a bargain at this restaurant for US$6.75. On the menu it is spelled out "Bun Thit Nuong".

I like to order to go so I can work at my desk while I eat my lunch. The restaurant has seating, very casual - not fancy.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Happy Bento: Inexpensive Quick Japanese Food!

by GracesTrips Updated Jul 10, 2008

Tiny Place!

This is my favorite place to eat when I'm at work. It's small hole in the wall, take out Japanese restaurant. They have your basic Japanese plates along with a small variety of sushi. They also have some twists like their summer noodles. Cold ramen noodles with sliced up cucumber, sliced up fried egg, chicken teriyaki and red ginger with a flavorful sauce. Their curry is really good. I like it better than Indian curry. It doesn't have coconut milk in it. Their tempura bento is 2 pieces of shrimp and 5 pieces of vegetable over steam rice with a salad. All for $6. It's located in a strip mall type shopping center. Not easily seen. You just have to know it's there.

Favorite Dish: I really like the pork katsu bento. Fried, breaded pork tenderloin sliced up over steamed rice (you can have fried rice instead) with oyster sauce, salad and orange wedges for $6. When I'm not so hungry, I order the 4 piece California Roll! Delicious! I also like their version of a "beef bowl". Sukiyaki type beef cooked with onions, cabbage and sliced carrot topped with red ginger over steamed rice. Yummy! Lunch will cost me anywhere from $2.70 to $6.

CPK: Italian with some Asian Influences

by GracesTrips Written May 4, 2008

California Pizza Kitchen is all over. Pastas, salads and pizzas are the main dishes you will order. Spring rolls, crab cakes and lettuce wraps for appetizers. Food is decent but not the best Italian I've had.

Panera Bread: Reminiscent of a French Cafe

by GracesTrips Written Oct 25, 2007

Bread Counter

The cafe is known for their extensive variety of breads for sale. Along with that, they serve sandwiches, paninis, salads and soups. Very popular place to have lunch. A little more expensive than the average lunch stop but the food is better quality and much healthier. You can eat there or order to go. They take phone orders, too!

Favorite Dish: Today I had a harvest salad with soup which is seasonal. Mixed gourmet greens, dried cherries, pecans and gorgonzola cheese with a cherry vinegrette. The soup was a thick, creamy chicken and wild rice soup. Delish! And, a choice of side - chips or baguette. I chose the bread.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Tasty Goody: Not bad for Chinese!

by GracesTrips Written Oct 2, 2007

This is mainly a place to grab some lunch. They do have a dining area if you want to eat there. I find most Chinese food to be very starchy but this place isn't so bad. I order a few various vegetable and meat items like mushroom shrimp, mushroom chicken or green bean chicken in a bowl with steamed rice. About $5. You get plenty of food and a fotune cookie!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Blimpies: A Sandwich as a Burrito?

by GracesTrips Written Sep 25, 2007

When at work, I usually eat at Happy Bento, my favorite place to eat at for lunch. But once in a while, the same ol' thing doesn't quite cut it and you want something different for a change. Well, I go to Blimpies. Known for their submarine sandwiches, I always order a wrap. It's like a sandwich but instead of the bread, they put it in a tortilla. So, it's kind of like a burrito but they call it a wrap.

Favorite Dish: I like the Zesty Italian Wrap. Choice of flour or spinach tortilla. I like the spinach. I ask them to hold the onions (cuz I'm an work) and ask for olives. They won't offer to put olives on it even though they have them. You have to ask for it. It doesn't cost extra. Yummy!

• Haandi: a cute, delicious unknown

by kimrybie Written Apr 7, 2007

This small restaurant is tucked back in a shopping center behind El Pollo Loco and does not get nearly enough attention. I first tried this restaurant about a year ago and I found it to be delicious as well as full of friendly and helpful staff. I believe that they also have a Sunday morning buffet I haven't gotten a chance to try yet.

Favorite Dish: Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact name of my favorite dish, but I do know that it was their most popular chicken dish, and is absolutely delicious. The fried foods and breads were really good to.

American Dream Ice Cream: A 50s style diner

by Mandy23 Written Feb 24, 2006

This is a new place in Rancho, a little diner, 50s style. Old time tin signs on the wall, a statue of Marilyn Monroe and a jukebox for some musical entertainment. It's not a place if you want "food food". They do have different style hot dog but most menu items are for the sweet tooth such as funnel cakes, checkerboard cake, pies, dipped cones, sundaes, malts, shakes, sodas and more.

Favorite Dish: Not sure if it's my favorite, because we have been there only once, but here's what we (4 persons) had:

- classic hot dog 2.79
    - chicago style hot dog with relish, tomatoes, onions, pickles etc
    - chili hot dog
    - hot rod linkn hot dog

- 3 funel cakes with whipped cream and strawberries 6.49
    - funnel cake with honey roasted nuts and almonds, whipped cream & strawberries 6.49

- strawberry milk shake, cokes, root beer

All together for over 60 bucks, so if you look at what it was ... hot dogs and some sweet stuff, definitly very expensive

• Mandy23's Profile Photo

Panera Bread: Do you like bread?

by Mandy23 Written Feb 11, 2006

This bakery/cafe just recently opened in Rancho and we tried it for the first time today. They bake their bread, rolls, bagels etc fresh, have something for the sweet tooth like brownies and cakes, offer a variety of sandwiches, soups, hot and cold drinks.
    Panera bread has a capacity of 146 and it's a mixture of seperate tables and booths.

Favorite Dish: It was our first time here, so I don't have a favorite yet, but here is what the 3 of us ordered:

Pepperblue Steak Sandwich 6.59

Garden Veggie Sandwich 5.99

Frontega Chicken Panini (Smoked, white meat chicken, red onions, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil, chipotle mayonnaise, grilled on rosemary focaccia) 6.59

Chocolate brownie, raspberry brownie and caramel pecan brownie

The Beer Hunter: Food and sports

by Mandy23 Written Jun 28, 2005

If you are hungry and a sports fan who can't go anywhere without keeping up with the game scores of your favourite team, visit the Beer Hunter. Its like a mixture of restaurant, bar, pub and grill and tv room. It has approx. 30+ TV's, so you won't miss the game. They have darts, pool tables, video games and others.

Favorite Dish: Grilled chicken in a lemon sauce with mashed potatoes and veggies.

• Mandy23's Profile Photo

The coffee bean and tea leaf: Coffee and tea

by Mandy23 Written Apr 3, 2005

Favorite Dish: Black Forest which is coffee and chocolate blended with ice, chocolate espresso beans, cherries and milk.
    They have also a variety of coffees, teas, ice blended drinks and bakery products such as scones, bagels, cheesecake etc

Cask 'n Cleaver: Steaks

by Mandy23 Updated Jan 15, 2005

The food was alright but the location seemed a little smelly and the service wasn't too good.

Favorite Dish: Sirloin steak with fries. Don't ask for it "well done" or you'll get it almost burned. If you wanna try their mudpie, just ask for one and share because they are huge ;-)

Instant Answers: Rancho Cucamonga

Comments

Rancho Cucamonga Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Rancho Cucamonga restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rancho Cucamonga sightseeing.

View all Rancho Cucamonga hotels