Places to eat in Redondo Beach

• Breakfast with the wife and my nephew Wil.
    Breakfast with the wife and my nephew...
    by flynboxes
  • He took a picture of us so we took one of George.
    He took a picture of us so we took one...
    by flynboxes
    Ruby
    by Gillybob

Most Viewed Restaurants in Redondo Beach

• dgines's Profile Photo

The Boiling Shrimp: Yum Yum

by dgines Written Mar 14, 2014

Boiling Crab by another name? It's close to it. I had the garlic dungeness crab here and it was delicious, but expensive. My husband had the shrimp pad thai and it wasn't the best we've ever had, but decent. Beers were only $3.50, which is decent for a place right on the water.

Favorite Dish: Garlic Crab!

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

Cozy Cafe: Great breakfasts

by flynboxes Written Nov 17, 2012

This is a little place with more seating in the back patio. It is a breakfast and lunch place for the most part but you get large portions and some surly but classic attitude from the owner/chef George. (he does not like you asking for changes to his dishes and may give you some friendly grief for it - but he will accommodate most times)
    The place has counter seating up front for about 10 people on bar stools with a tv hanging to watch the game of the day.
    Most of his dishes have a touch of Mexican/Greek influence as well as a little bit of grease to appeal to the local surfers.
    I wish there were more places like this around town.

Favorite Dish: The Beach Bum scramble with jalapeno salsa on the side is the best......portion is big enough to get you thru lunch which is rare in this day and age.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Ruby's Diner: Dining by the sea!

by Gillybob Updated Aug 1, 2011

Ruby's Diners can be found all across the United States of America. This one was conveniently situated across from the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach and Marina which was my hotel for my stay in Redondo Beach. This made it very convenient for breakfast.

Like most diners in America, this offers a selection of standard menu fare. I had the two eggs with bacon breakfast and a coffee.

Good value food and a great menu selection is what Ruby's Diners are all about.

Favorite Dish: Each Ruby's Diner is slightly unique. They all have a track running around the restaurant in the ceiling. This one had mobiles of fish running along the track. Others that I have seen have had a train running along the track and mobiles of various items.

• krizt's Profile Photo

Kincaid's: Great food and view

by krizt Updated Apr 4, 2011

My Uncle Kenny and Aunt Patricia have taken me here a couple of times. We can never think of the name but last time I spoke to him he said it is Kincaid's. Hope it's right. Anyway it's located down by the pier. The view is amazing and the food was excellent! We went to eat dinner and watched the sunset. It was georgous- the light from the sunset fills the room with a beautiful glow.

After you eat you can walk around the pier and marina - take a light jacket though, it can get chilly!

If you check out the website below they have 360 views!

Favorite Dish: I think that I had a steak- I dont remember. It's been a while but I remember being completely stuffed. And I remember that it was incredebly delicious.

• leeludalas's Profile Photo

Good Stuff: Breakfast and other Good Stuff!

by leeludalas Updated Apr 4, 2011

Good Stuff is a great place to go for breakfast - sit on the patio and people watch. It's located next to the Coffee Bean, so if you have to wait you can grab a nice coffee. Their food is consistently good, and the wait staff are quick. Plus they automatically provide salsa and Tabasco on the table which I like!

Favorite Dish: Chicken Chile Verde Breakfast Burrito- a large burrito stuffed with brown rice, eggs and Chicken in a verde sauce. Also the California omelette and the Greek omelette are quite good!
    Lunch and dinner are good too. Red Hook on tap.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

JOE'S CRAB SHACK: FANTASTIC SEAFOOD MENU WITH A VIEW OF THE BAY

by travelgourmet Written Dec 8, 2010

Seafood restaurants always seem to look and feel better when they are located by water. The Pacific Ocean and the Redondo Beach Seaside Lagoon has one of the best seafood restaurants located on Portofino Way across from the Port Royal Marina, ocean side of Harbor Drive. Joe's Crab Shack is the name and seafood is the game. Well, actually it's not game but fish that makes Joe's so appealing. Entering their parking lot and you can see that this is going to be something special. Just the shape of the shack and the colors used bring one a fun time experience is about to commence.

Inside the doors, and you enter a natical world of Joe's Crab Shack with a huge but fake shark taking a bite out of a surf board right over your head. A seaside bar area for that special drink that can be made for you. Funny sayings and doors with "Dudes" and "Babes" inviting you into the restrooms. The tables inside are simple and sturdy with the natical theme but outside, and most days are great days to be outside, the tables and umbrellas are set up along the bay side of the ocean for a spectacular view. The menu is filled with buckets of this and buckets of that and wonderful seafood dishes. The bar drinks are superb and the beer flows. A day in Redondo made relaxing and fulfilling with either lunch or dinner at the Shack.

Favorite Dish: I love mussels and my wife found out about mussels in Italy, so now I would say we both love mussels. Joe's Crab Shack is known for crab and the different types are brought out in buckets put on the table and then a shell trash bucket is placed in the center hole of the table for all to share the discarding of shells, napkins, peel shrimp, etc. Mussels Diablo was on the menu and that did it. It was so good and the pico de gallo salsa (chopped tomatoes, onion and jalapeno with a lime juice and cilantro finish) that was mixed in over the mussels was picante (hot) but oh, so tasty, that we ordered another large plate. Also a very rich dish called Crab Nachos which was a large plate of tortilla chips loaded with crab dip, that pico de gallo salsa (yum), cheese and black bean corn relish. Add a couple of "Mason Jar" Margaritas (1800 Silver TEQUILA, Gran Gala, sweet &sour and squeezed limes all mixed together in aclassic mason jar.) and you have one heck of a lunch.

• Lizchiq's Profile Photo

Joe's Crab Shack: Seafood in a crazy atmosphere

by Lizchiq Written Mar 31, 2009

Joe's Crab Shack is a popular restaurant chain known for their seafood dishes. We went to the one here in the Redondo Beach Harbor, lured in by their commercials promoting their steam pots and lobster.

We went on a Monday night and they happened to be out of lobster, which was one of the main reasons we went in. We ordered crab stuffed mushrooms (really tasty, a little greasy but very satisfying), followed by the Joe's Steampot. The crab and the sausage were really good, but the shrimp was a bit of a letdown, as was the corn; however, the crab certainly exceeded my expectations.

Finished with some bread pudding - pretty good as well.

I'd recommend this place more as a casual night with a big group of friends - and if you don't care about shelling seafood, it's quite fun. Definitely not as much a date spot as there is some loud music and the waiters dance around, and the tables are larger and bench-style.

Favorite Dish: Anything with crab would probably be the best.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Bar: Buffet Dining

by Gillybob Updated Jan 3, 2009

This is an eat as much as you like buffet restaurant with a slight difference. Salads and vegetables are served buffet style whilst on your table is a cylindrical piece of wood with red and green ends; have the red end to the top and you are not ready to be served meats - reverse it and it shows that you want to be served meats. Meats are brought out from the kitchen on great metal stakes and carved at your table.

Go up to the buffet area as many times as you like for salads and vegetables and some stew-style meat dishes; you can then have your green end up as many times as you like.

I had the Churrasco Feast. It was a quiet evening and service from the kitchen was slow but dishes on offer at the buffet were very good and plentiful.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed all that I chose to eat and enjoyed a glass of house red to go with my meal.

• Lizchiq's Profile Photo

Lupita's Restaurant: Great Mexican food, Great prices

by Lizchiq Written Mar 24, 2008

As my friends and I were cruising for a place for a late night bite one Sunday evening, we came across Lupita's on PCH. It's located in Redondo Beach. We arrived to the restaurant around 9 PM... and it's quite difficult to find restaurants in the South Bay (other than fast food places and the Kettle) that will seat you past 9 PM, let alone on a Sunday evening!

We knew we hit the jackpot when we saw tableside guacamole on the menu. We were not disappointed... we got a huge pot of guacamole made for us with several avocados, a little spice, and all the chips and salsa that 4 women could want (which is quite a lot). My friends had the bean and cheese burrito...which was only $3.99. They all raved about the burrito. I had the Carne Asada burrito, which I thought was great.

The service was friendly but not overly pushy or too nosy, and the restaurant was uncrowded, so it was a nice, low-key spot. We'll definitely be making a repeat visit to Lupita's!

Favorite Dish: The tableside guac, with the chips and salsa, was awesome. As I'm writing this, I'm pondering skipping my spinning class and getting Lupita's instead.

• supune's Profile Photo

Happy Veggie: You must eat here

by supune Updated Nov 29, 2007

This restaurant was opened about an year ago by 2 sisters. They are very much the friendly two-some. Rose is very friendly and can be seen hugging most of the guests and starting up great conversations. All their food is completely vegan and healthy. It's great vegan cuisine.

This a Vegetarian Restaurant with Vietnamese style cooking. Even though there is no real meat on the menu, you will see items like "Kung Pao Chicken" and "Lemon Grass Chicken (spicy)" and "Mongolian Beef". The use many faux meats made from various flours, vegetables, etc. It's an interesting meal and you don't miss the meat at all.

My favorite is the selection of drinks they have. I always go for the Fresh Young Coconut, Avocado Smoothie, or the Thai Iced Tea.

Hours:
    Mon-Fri 11am-3pm, 5pm-9pm, Sat 11am-9pm

Here's a nice story. My friend, Luke, and I went to Happy Veggie the weekend before thanksgiving. Rose and her family were having a "thanksgiving feast". As we came in, they asked us to sit down and gave us a free plate. They are very giving.

Favorite Dish: Spicy Mongolian Beef
    Lemon Grass Chicken (spicy)

• Study Abroad

• pharsadi's Profile Photo

Quality Seafood, Inc.: See Food, Pick Food, Eat Food

by pharsadi Updated Oct 9, 2007

This could be a unique dining experience for some. The do serve fried/pre-cooked meals & combos, but that's not what makes this place unique. What makes it unique is that it makes you feel like you're in a real fish market. You can pick & choose all kinds of live seafood there. From crabs, sea urchins, squids, oysters, clams, and all other beings that you probably have never seen before.

So once you pick & choose your food, the attendant will boil your food in a big boiler (for crabs, clams, etc) or you can have them deep fried the food (for fish, squids, etc). And you pay at the spot. They used to not take credit card as a form of payment, but now they do.

Now while they cook your food. Pick a table, get newspapers, and spread them around the table. So it's easy to clean up the table after you're done. As you can see from the picture.

Favorite Dish: Boiled crabs, clams. Fried squid. Raw oysters & clams.

• icunme's Profile Photo

TONY'S: TONY'S - Old Tony's or New Tony's

by icunme Written Sep 15, 2007

As you enter the pier, you'll see a little lighthouse reaching for the sky - that's old Tony's. A Redondo Beach mainstay - I remember old Tony's from 38 years ago and it is so nice to see it still here.

Favorite Dish: Lobster

• jrjohnson's Profile Photo

Lou E. Luey's: Baja Mexican Syle

by jrjohnson Updated Jul 25, 2007

This place is very unique. Starting with the name... i love the fact that someone has the name Lou Luey... moreover the middle initial of "E" is great. However, it makes it tough to find this place if you are calling information.

It's a full service (waiter and waitress) restaurant but has a very laid back, come as you are, feel to it. It is on the lower level of the Redondo Pier and it's windows open to look out onto a portion of the marina. Next door is a popular beer bar with live music so it makes for some interesting people watching especially if you like tatoos and body piercings.

We normally ride our bikes down here and pop in for a surprisingly GREAT meal. You don't expect much to come out of the kitchen by the looks of the place but all the food we've tried has been really good. Lots of fish on the menu and that's usually what i eat.

After dinner you can roll next door to Najas for a beer.

Favorite Dish: Sea Bass is the specialty and i get that half the time i go. I've had the swordfish special as well and it was great. All the fish is fresh and prepared with unique sauces... usually very spicy. If i had one complaint about this place it would be that sometimes things can get overly salty.

• savvygirl's Profile Photo

Good Stuff Restaurant: Great Breakfast!

by savvygirl Written May 24, 2007

Yummy!! I went there for breakfast the other day and had a great experience! The food was good, the service was attentive (although it was very busy) and the restaurant has a cool vibe--not diner-like but not mom and pop dive restaurant, somewhere in the middle. Very beachy, surfer-like joint.

Favorite Dish: buckwheat pancakes! Yummers!

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Tony's on the Pier: Tonys fish market, not a fish market

by malianrob Updated Mar 25, 2007

There is actually two Tony's on the Pier. One is Old Tony's with the birds nest bar on top and the other is new Tonys. They are both located on the Pier and are owned by the same owner. It is a family owned business and has been around for a long time.
    I used to work right above new Tonys and I would eat here often. I used to work in the attorneys office above the restaurant and the attorneys had tabs here so every now and then they would say "why dont you go and get some dinner and put it on my tab." It was awesome.
    Inside of new Tonys is kind of dark, romantic and offer grweat views of the Pacific Ocean.

Favorite Dish: I am not a seafood person so I always get the steak, huge baked potato and steamed veggies. I was never let down, as the food was always good.
    Alot of the people that come here to New and Old Tonys are locals and regulars. I would see the same people over and over.

Redondo Beach Hotels

Latest: Dec 28, 2013
Ramada Limited Redondo Beach
Latest: Apr 1, 2014

Instant Answers: Redondo Beach

Comments

Redondo Beach Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Redondo Beach locals.
Map of Redondo Beach