Places to eat in Redondo Beach

• Restaurants
    by kahnjetta
  • Restaurants
    by kahnjetta
  • Breakfast with the wife and my nephew Wil.
    Breakfast with the wife and my nephew...
    by flynboxes

Most Viewed Restaurants in Redondo Beach

• Lizchiq's Profile Photo

Lupita's Restaurant: Great Mexican food, Great prices

by Lizchiq Written Mar 24, 2008

As my friends and I were cruising for a place for a late night bite one Sunday evening, we came across Lupita's on PCH. It's located in Redondo Beach. We arrived to the restaurant around 9 PM... and it's quite difficult to find restaurants in the South Bay (other than fast food places and the Kettle) that will seat you past 9 PM, let alone on a Sunday evening!

We knew we hit the jackpot when we saw tableside guacamole on the menu. We were not disappointed... we got a huge pot of guacamole made for us with several avocados, a little spice, and all the chips and salsa that 4 women could want (which is quite a lot). My friends had the bean and cheese burrito...which was only $3.99. They all raved about the burrito. I had the Carne Asada burrito, which I thought was great.

The service was friendly but not overly pushy or too nosy, and the restaurant was uncrowded, so it was a nice, low-key spot. We'll definitely be making a repeat visit to Lupita's!

Favorite Dish: The tableside guac, with the chips and salsa, was awesome. As I'm writing this, I'm pondering skipping my spinning class and getting Lupita's instead.

• supune's Profile Photo

Happy Veggie: You must eat here

by supune Updated Nov 29, 2007

This restaurant was opened about an year ago by 2 sisters. They are very much the friendly two-some. Rose is very friendly and can be seen hugging most of the guests and starting up great conversations. All their food is completely vegan and healthy. It's great vegan cuisine.

This a Vegetarian Restaurant with Vietnamese style cooking. Even though there is no real meat on the menu, you will see items like "Kung Pao Chicken" and "Lemon Grass Chicken (spicy)" and "Mongolian Beef". The use many faux meats made from various flours, vegetables, etc. It's an interesting meal and you don't miss the meat at all.

My favorite is the selection of drinks they have. I always go for the Fresh Young Coconut, Avocado Smoothie, or the Thai Iced Tea.

Hours:
    Mon-Fri 11am-3pm, 5pm-9pm, Sat 11am-9pm

Here's a nice story. My friend, Luke, and I went to Happy Veggie the weekend before thanksgiving. Rose and her family were having a "thanksgiving feast". As we came in, they asked us to sit down and gave us a free plate. They are very giving.

Favorite Dish: Spicy Mongolian Beef
    Lemon Grass Chicken (spicy)

• Study Abroad

• pharsadi's Profile Photo

Quality Seafood, Inc.: See Food, Pick Food, Eat Food

by pharsadi Updated Oct 9, 2007

This could be a unique dining experience for some. The do serve fried/pre-cooked meals & combos, but that's not what makes this place unique. What makes it unique is that it makes you feel like you're in a real fish market. You can pick & choose all kinds of live seafood there. From crabs, sea urchins, squids, oysters, clams, and all other beings that you probably have never seen before.

So once you pick & choose your food, the attendant will boil your food in a big boiler (for crabs, clams, etc) or you can have them deep fried the food (for fish, squids, etc). And you pay at the spot. They used to not take credit card as a form of payment, but now they do.

Now while they cook your food. Pick a table, get newspapers, and spread them around the table. So it's easy to clean up the table after you're done. As you can see from the picture.

Favorite Dish: Boiled crabs, clams. Fried squid. Raw oysters & clams.

Front View Crabs on water Crabs on table See food.. Clean up

• icunme's Profile Photo

TONY'S: TONY'S - Old Tony's or New Tony's

by icunme Written Sep 15, 2007

As you enter the pier, you'll see a little lighthouse reaching for the sky - that's old Tony's. A Redondo Beach mainstay - I remember old Tony's from 38 years ago and it is so nice to see it still here.

Favorite Dish: Lobster

Entrance to Old Tony's restaurant on the Pier Tony's entrance statue - the mermaid with feet....
    • Beaches

• jrjohnson's Profile Photo

Lou E. Luey's: Baja Mexican Syle

by jrjohnson Updated Jul 25, 2007

This place is very unique. Starting with the name... i love the fact that someone has the name Lou Luey... moreover the middle initial of "E" is great. However, it makes it tough to find this place if you are calling information.

It's a full service (waiter and waitress) restaurant but has a very laid back, come as you are, feel to it. It is on the lower level of the Redondo Pier and it's windows open to look out onto a portion of the marina. Next door is a popular beer bar with live music so it makes for some interesting people watching especially if you like tatoos and body piercings.

We normally ride our bikes down here and pop in for a surprisingly GREAT meal. You don't expect much to come out of the kitchen by the looks of the place but all the food we've tried has been really good. Lots of fish on the menu and that's usually what i eat.

After dinner you can roll next door to Najas for a beer.

Favorite Dish: Sea Bass is the specialty and i get that half the time i go. I've had the swordfish special as well and it was great. All the fish is fresh and prepared with unique sauces... usually very spicy. If i had one complaint about this place it would be that sometimes things can get overly salty.

• savvygirl's Profile Photo

Good Stuff Restaurant: Great Breakfast!

by savvygirl Written May 24, 2007

Yummy!! I went there for breakfast the other day and had a great experience! The food was good, the service was attentive (although it was very busy) and the restaurant has a cool vibe--not diner-like but not mom and pop dive restaurant, somewhere in the middle. Very beachy, surfer-like joint.

Favorite Dish: buckwheat pancakes! Yummers!

Outside Good Stuff- Redondo Beach location Mural on wall inside of Goodstuff Map of Redondo Beach location
    • Beaches

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Tony's on the Pier: Tonys fish market, not a fish market

by malianrob Updated Mar 25, 2007

There is actually two Tony's on the Pier. One is Old Tony's with the birds nest bar on top and the other is new Tonys. They are both located on the Pier and are owned by the same owner. It is a family owned business and has been around for a long time.
    I used to work right above new Tonys and I would eat here often. I used to work in the attorneys office above the restaurant and the attorneys had tabs here so every now and then they would say "why dont you go and get some dinner and put it on my tab." It was awesome.
    Inside of new Tonys is kind of dark, romantic and offer grweat views of the Pacific Ocean.

Favorite Dish: I am not a seafood person so I always get the steak, huge baked potato and steamed veggies. I was never let down, as the food was always good.
    Alot of the people that come here to New and Old Tonys are locals and regulars. I would see the same people over and over.

The birds nest bar

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Kincaid's: Steak and seafood

by malianrob Updated Mar 25, 2007

I have come here a number of times and I have never been disappointed. The food and the service is just good!
    I have also come here with different people and it seems like everyone is always satisfied.
    This place can be dressy but casual is ok. The atmosphere is pleasant and you can sit either outside (heat lamps are available) or inside. There are big winows everywhere so you have a great view.
    They also have a good size bar here and they make delicious appletini's.

Favorite Dish: They have lots of seafood and really good steaks made to your liking.

• Coyote Cantina: Great Mexican-Fusion, Dozens of Tequilas

by yvonnekb Written Jan 8, 2007

Very friendly and lively. Innovative food like Sweet Corn Ravioli in Chile sauce, Santa Fe egg rolls, huge burritos and something like 80 premium tequilas. They make their own margarita mix which is excellent. Free parking in a strip mall on PCH. Lots of "coyote" sculptures and art by famous artist Marcus Pierson.

Favorite Dish: Too many to list!

• HELEN's Profile Photo

Riviera Mexican Grill: Great Mexican Seafood

by HELEN Updated Oct 11, 2006

Cute little cantina style restaurant in the downtown Redondo Beach with a laid back atmosphere. They have a large outside patio that is great especially during the day. They have a live acoustic guitarist playing Jack Johnson-type music. It's very relaxing and great to have lunch and margies on the rocks. The Riviera has been voted to have best margaritas in the South Bay.

Favorite Dish: I always get the grilled fish tacos, but my friends rave about their lobster enchiladas and their lobster quesadillas. Even their chips and salsa are delicious, and the margaritas are strong and tasty.

• blaird's Profile Photo

Riviera Mexican Grill: Good Mexican food

by blaird Written Oct 6, 2005

My wife and I love Riviera, it is in a fun part of the city and has a great laid back atmosphere. We really liked the food, as it is a little Americanized. I guess that is the mexican I like best, with chicken breast and lean meats in the dishes.

Other people we went here with had mixed reviews from average to good, never a bad review.

Favorite Dish: I always get Burritos.

• leeludalas's Profile Photo

Naka Sushi: Good little sushi place

by leeludalas Updated Oct 16, 2004

Naka is the chef at the local Naka sushi. It's a small restaurant with very fresh fish. If you go, I usually find it's best to sit at the bar and order as you go. Naka is a very entertaining chef!

Favorite Dish: Hamachi (yellowtail) and spicy tuna roll. The salmon is very good too, as is the Dynamite.

Naka Doing His Thing

• leeludalas's Profile Photo

Riviera: Great "California Style" Mexican Cantina

by leeludalas Updated Jan 13, 2004

Riviera is a very inexpensive Cali/Mexican restaurant. Nice patio, surf videos on the TV, many interesting decorations including long boards, surf photos, etc.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Enchiladas with Mole sauce. I miss these since leaving Redondo! Also they have great Margaritas, and also good Sangria!

The

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

Cheesecake Factory: Cheesecake Factory

by bruingirl Updated Sep 11, 2003

Cheesecake Factory serves more than cheesecake. In case you're not familiar w/ this chain of restaurants, Cheesecake Factory is well known for their ENORMOUS portions of yummy food! Although I normally don't like chain restaurants, this is one that I actually like, especially considering their reasonable price range! Great place for lunches, brunches, and nice dinners.

Favorite Dish: Shrimp scampi is one of their most popular dishes, as well as the chicken madeira with mushrooms. Although I don't eat pork, I hear their pork chops are really good as well. Their boneless buffalo strips and Mexican eggrolls are great appetizers! Their cashew chicken is also very good! Of course, their cheesecake is absolutely delicious!!! There's about 20 different choices! :)

• trvlnurse's Profile Photo

Xinh Doi: Excellent food and a view worth digesting

by trvlnurse Updated Aug 5, 2003

I love sushi but the other dishes are so good that I have not eaten much sushi here. The view is of the pier and ocean which is spectacular at sunset and the service is excellent.

Favorite Dish: Seaweed salad

Summer Rolls- light Vietnamese spring rolls
    with a choice of fillers

The seafood souffle called dynamite, sounds corny but it is a very rich and uniquely satisfying dish.

The scallop entre is also delicious

The view

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Best Western Redondo Beach Inn
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Redondo Beach

Comments

Redondo Beach Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Redondo Beach locals.
Map of Redondo Beach