Redondo Beach Warnings and Dangers

• Warnings and Dangers
    by malianrob
    Poor guy getting a ticket.
    by malianrob
    My poor Subaru
    by trvlnurse

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Redondo Beach

• trvlnurse's Profile Photo

The sun is intense

by trvlnurse Updated Apr 4, 2011

OUCH! Don't Touch!

Since California beaches stay relatively cool it is easy to think that one is not "getting much sun" From experience I will tell you to WEAR SUNSCREEN. Don't ruin a good trip with a painful burn, your tan will be plenty good with a SPF of 15 or more

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Tickets on the Pier

by malianrob Updated Mar 25, 2007

Its important to make sure you read the signs and obey them. There is a police sustation located right on the pier and they can see just about everything.
    Therefore its pretty safe here but they are strict about not riding your bike in certain areas. The Strand is OK, the pier its not.
    My cousin came from New York a few years ago and we were riding our bikes and rollarblades from Manhattan Beach to Redondo. While he was in Redondo Beach, (close to the Pier)the police stopped him and gave him a ticket.

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Watch Out for the Steep Steps!!

by marinarena Written May 15, 2005

OK, this is a extremely mild warning but it's important enought to say. Be careful going down and heading up the stairs at the parking lot/R Beach deck, which is a bit outdated as far as its construction.

• Seniors
    • Beaches

• trvlnurse's Profile Photo

PCH

by trvlnurse Written Aug 11, 2003

My poor Subaru

Pacific coast Highway or Hwy 1 or PCH as it is called, can be a bit dangerous. A stoplight every block and the traffic is moderate at times so people tend to speed through lights and intersections. Beware of this because as I found out it can get you or your vehicle hurt. Lucky for me it was just my car and a corner fire hydrant, but its still a bummer.
    I should add that the Redondo police and fire department were incredibly nice which helped the bad situation to be a bit better. Side note the cute fireman transported me and my groceries home in the big red truck;-)

Instant Answers: Redondo Beach

Comments

Redondo Beach Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Redondo Beach warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Redondo Beach sightseeing.

View all Redondo Beach hotels