Rosemead Travel Guide

Rosemead Hotels

Rosemead Restaurants

• by Claremole Written Oct 27, 2007

There are so many real Chinese restaurants (i.e., serving food that real Chinese people eat) in the San Gabriel Valley . . . I decided to try China Bistro almost at random, mostly because it seems to be busy at all hours, but I’m glad I did.

The food was simple but totally delicious. Each of the dishes had just two or three main flavors, so that they all came though loud and clear. I particularly liked the Deep Fried Tofu with Brown Mushrooms and the Baby Bok Choy Sautéed in Garlic. Similarly, the presentation was basic yet appealing. And the prices were a bargain!

The service was attentive but not obtrusive. We did not order for a long time because one member of our party was late, but nobody on the waitstaff rushed us, and when we were finally ready to order, they were right there.

Everything was bright and clean. The noise level inside the restaurant was a little overpowering, but we chose to eat outside, on the patio, and we were very comfortable.

Because we were gringos right at the edge of our comfort zone, we didn’t dare to try the Frog Porridge or any of the numerous dishes with “Intestines” in the name. Even so, as at most authentic Chinese restaurants, the menu was so long that it was hard to choose. I guess I’ll have to go back to try some more dishes!

Instant Answers: Rosemead

Comments

Rosemead Travel Guide
Map of Rosemead