Know about this? Rate It!
Folsom is a Nice Side Diversion
This is a small community, with a two block preserved historic district that features buildings from the late 1800's. These retail stores are still active and locals shop there. In the middle is a Folsom museum which is open Wed-Sun 10-5PM and admission is $5; maybe takes 1/2 to tour the displays. Around the old district is new mall and shopping centers, and neighborhoods for 10-12 miles west and south before you can get back to US 80.
- Arts and Culture
Just up highway 50 a bit is...
Just up highway 50 a bit is Folsom Lake. It is a wonderful place to go with your family for a picnic in a quiet private cove. It is also a great place to go with 10 of your friends, 5 coolers of beer, a wave runner, a Mastercraft and a wake board or water ski. Folsom is the summer playgroaund for Sacramentonians, a perfect place to get into the water and out of the heat. If you don't have a boat and your not satisfied with hanging out on the shore, you can rent one here. http://www.folsomlakerentals.com/
Folsom Lake is northern California's most popular fresh-water lake. A great place for water sports, hiking, and picnicing. The dam is off-limits now, for security reasons.
- Water Sports
- Sailing and Boating
- National/State Park
Folsom, a suburb of Sacramento, has a huge artificial lake and an infamous prison. The American River flows out below Folsom Dam, and down to Sacramento. A nice day trip from Sacramento.
- Hiking and Walking
- Water Sports
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Sacramento Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lake Arrowhead
- Coconut Creek Hotels
- Twin Lakes State Park West Hotels
- Bajmok Hotels
- Saxlingham Nethergate Hotels
- Malta Off The Beaten Path
- Essen Off The Beaten Path
- Newtown Castle
- Yosemite National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Isla de Gran Canaria Off The Beaten Path
- Taipei Off The Beaten Path
- Dinan Off The Beaten Path
- Hämeenlinna Off The Beaten Path
- Cheung Chau Island
- State of West Bengal Off The Beaten Path
- Algarve Off The Beaten Path
- Gaziantep Off The Beaten Path