Zinfandel Grille, Sacramento

by Christina_C
  • LionPrincess's Profile Photo

Zinfandel Grille: Clean Atmosphere

by LionPrincess Written Mar 15, 2003

I have been to two of the three Zinfandel locations. The first one I went to was at a hotel in Rocklin, CA on my first night in town. The atmosphere was great but the food came out cold. I made a point of taking a trip to the line where I was able to talk to the cooks. They all seemed to enjoy their jobs and told me of the pressures of working with their three man line. I told them that the food was quite tasty but came out cold, they seemed to appreciate the compliment and information and we parted ways as new friends.
    My second trip to this restaurant was at the end of my internship and we were looking at the outdoor seating which featured a great fireplace, waterfalls and shade trees. We went inside and enjoyed lunch and a nice bottle of wine. The bar at this location had a really great bench seat tucked in the corner which offered a view of the entire room with great privacy.

My third trip to this restaurant was back at the first location for my going away dinner. My family played a trick by having many of the staff presenting me with gifts throughout the night. The night was one I would remember for a long time, but the staff made it that much better.

Favorite Dish: My first trip I had the Grilled Salmon and Roasted Vegetables. I also had the Calamari appetizer. While the food had great flavor it was served quite cold.

My second trip to the restaurant I had the Dungeness Crab Lasagne with mushrooms and leeks. This lasagne has to be one of my favorites (sorry mom) The combination of flavors was expertly paired and the crispy cheese on top finished it off just right.

My third trip to this restaurant our group shared the Crab Cakes, Calamari and Portabella Bruschetta to start and finished off with their apple cake, cheesecake and chocolate cake for dessert. The food on this trip was quite good. Proportions are good and the dessert option we chose gave us a sellection of three of their desserts for a discounted price, which I liked for a group setting.

• Christina_C's Profile Photo

Zinfandel's on Fair Oaks Blvd....

by Christina_C Written Aug 26, 2002

Zinfandel's on Fair Oaks Blvd. where my boyfriend and I had our first date and where we return every year to celebrate our anniversary. (We will be on #3 in April!)

Favorite Dish: Anything with Pasta and/or Seafood.

Instant Answers: Sacramento

Comments

Hotels Near Zinfandel Grille
4.5 out of 5 stars