Been here? Rate It!
Winetasting Off The Beaten Path
The world knows about the famous Napa Valley wineries in Northern California, but for a smaller, more intimate winetasting experience be sure to visit the wineries in Amador County. Just a few miles south east of Sacramento the wineries in Amador County are famous for their fine zinfandel wines. You can taste wine from over 30 vineyards. Tastes are free here and the winemakers are accessible and helpful in educating the public about the grapes and their wine. Our favorite winery is Deaver, but there are several others that I can highly recommend including Story and Renwood. There are many perfect places for a picnic and the foothills are especially beautiful in the spring and fall.
- Wine Tasting
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Sacramento Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Cayuga Lake State Park Hotels
- Washington State
- Putney Heath Hotels
- Isla Holbox
- Yarada Hotels
- Lake Corpus Christi State Park Hotels