I think zoo is the best place in san diego because my friend and his family visit this place. He says i want to go once again at zoo.
San Diego Zoo - http://www.tcclinic.com/
" It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time…"
The zoo is very impressive. With 4,000 animal inhabitants, San Diego zoo rank top one among all zoos in the world. Besides familiar animals, we found seldom-seen creatures such as koalas, tree kangaroos, ant eater, white wolf, etc. It is also a botanical garden with more than 6,500 plant species. In fact, some of the plants are more exotic than the zoo's animals! This leopard here have been trained like a cat, so cute!
Check out my Travelogue for more pictures.
Favorite thing: A great experience at the San Diego Zoo. Never seen some animals in my whole life. Enjoyed everything from the elephants to the reptiles (snakes and lizards). Also enjoyed looking at the pandas. Had a fun time.
Generally I don't like ZOOs, I prefer to see
animals in their natural environment.
But after visiting the world famous San Diego ZOO I changed my mind - they just do fantastic researches on very rare animals which help to protect them. And the educational value of this ZOO is really great.
1. Thou shalt go to the Zoo
2. Thou shalt go to Sea World
3. Thou shalt go to the Wild Animal Park (City of Escondido)
4. Thou shalt go to a beach, most likely La Jolla, Mission or Pacific Beach
5. Thou shalt visit the Hotel Del Coronado (City of Coronado)
6. Thou shalt go to Old Town and drink a giant margarita and eat freshly made tortillas.
7. Thou shalt at some point get out and hike, bike or rollerblade.
8. Thou shalt eat at a cheap Mexican taco shop ending in 'o's' (Roberto's, Humberto's, Aliberto's...)
9. Thou shalt have a drink at the Top of the Hyatt in the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego (Downtown Hyatt), preferably around sunset
10. Thou shalt (if child-free while visiting)eat, drink and make merry in the Gaslamp District
Fondest memory: What I miss most when I leave San Diego, besides the weather, is the ocean. Seeing other oceans makes me homesick for my little stretch of the Pacific. Seeing the sun rise over the ocean is completely disorienting. I get lost - literally - without the ocean. It's West to me. Yes, I know I can figure it out by where the sun is, but the ocean is my true compass.
The other thing that I miss when I'm away is the laid back atmosphere and the generally friendly diverse population here. And good cheap Mexican food.
The world-famous San Diego Zoo - was founded by Dr. Harry Wegeforth in 1916.
This colorful and extremely enterprising San Diego physician started the collection with a handful of animals left over from the Panama-California Exposition. Today, the San Diego Zoo cares for more than 4,000 individual animals representing 800 different species. Its collection of animals, as well as its plant collection of over 6,500 species, is acknowledged as one of the finest in the entire world.
Favorite thing: The San Diego Zoo is one of the most famous zoos in the United States. It is comprised of 100 acres and exhibits-- 4,000 animals representing 800 species.
Favorite thing: You must go to the zoo! It worth putting up with the crowds to see these animals. I even got a picture of the new panda.