Know about this? Rate It!
The building in the back...
The building in the back ground is the Convention Center. My wife went to a conference there and said it was huge. The top of it looks a bit like the sails of a sailboat. It looks good in this picture with a real sailboat.
Seaport Village seen from the...
Seaport Village seen from the Ferry. I liked the way that Old Town, Sea Port Village, Gaslamp Quarter, and Little Italy each seemed to have their own style. All these places in the same city but each one is very unique.
Horton Plaza is not exactly a...
Horton Plaza is not exactly a shopping mall but that is closest thing I can compare it to. It is part indoor and part out door with lots of walkways and bridges. It is an easy place to get lost in... I did. Horton Plaza is down town near the GasLamp Quarter.
The Star of India, located on...
The Star of India, located on the waterfront near downtown, does not have the natural appeal of a zoo or Sea World. It is, however, an interesting and educational historic ship which reveals the hardships that travelers faced at the turn of the last century, and in the days of the clipper ships. While we were visiting, the ship had a pirate exhibition that did capture the imagination of my young boys.
Walking around residential districts you can see a lot of blooming plants: flowers, blushes and trees.
Don't they look beautiful?
- Road Trip
- Budget Travel
Best way to see San Diego Bay...
Best way to see San Diego Bay is from the deck of your own ship. We did not have our own ship so I took this picture on the Star Of India.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
San Diego Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Castel Gandolfo
- Cabarete Hotels
- Kalvarija Hotels
- Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area Hotels
- Kampong Berakas Hotels
- Denver Off The Beaten Path
- Within a 3 Hour Drive
- Victoria Off The Beaten Path
- Mersing Off The Beaten Path
- Cameron Highlands Off The Beaten Path
- Liguria Off The Beaten Path
- London Off The Beaten Path
- Alaska Off The Beaten Path
- Tehachapi Off The Beaten Path
- Bacolod City Off The Beaten Path
- Strasbourg Off The Beaten Path